Phantom 4 Pro V2 is now RID compliant

What is “GS Pro”?
DJI’s Mapping Software

1701436935830.jpeg

Reactions: jephoto
See the last post. 1581F + 14 digit drone serial number + 0.
Nikap’s post says “the Remote ID SN=1581F+14-digit flight controller SN+0, and the total number of digits is also 20.”

So is it the Drone’s serial number or the FLIGHT CONTROLLER” serial number? The aren’t the same.

I tried. Updated app. Updated firmware. Inputted a number in Aeroscope. Put 10 digit number in Drone Zone, invalid #. Put a 20 digit number in Drone Zone, invalid #. Connected drone to DJI assistant, no remote ID listed. Used Drone Scanner, no RID. Downloaded Drones Flying Near Me, no RID. Did a search for "proper numbering sequence for drone remote id", propeller says it's the same as the aircraft serial number, invalid #. Anyone have an idea how to be a good boy?
Many of us feel your pain. I have the same problem with the P4 RTK RID since updating the firmware when is came out several weeks ago (RID S/N shows on the controller screen so appears to be installed correctly, but RID doesn't show on the Drone Scanner apps I've tried, both Android and IPhone). DJI is offering no solution and not even responding on the blog. I've been reading that some pilots are having success and others are not. It's pretty frustrating. To stay compliant if DJI doesn't come through, I bought an add-on RID module (which Drone Scanner app sees just fine). Weird that the RID updates work on some machines but not on others.

Nikap’s post says “the Remote ID SN=1581F+14-digit flight controller SN+0, and the total number of digits is also 20.”

So is it the Drone’s serial number or the FLIGHT CONTROLLER” serial number? The aren’t the same.

Flight controller. It's displayed in the 'About' section of the Go 4 app.

I also don't see the P4P, after updating firmware, either on IOS app nor Android.
Both my remote id stand alone modules (DRONEBEACON and DRONETAG) can be seen in any RID app. Guess I will fly with them and not trust DJI, as usual.
Exact same issue with the P4 RTK and now several weeks down the road but still no solution. Don't hold your breath.

Take your broadcasted RID number and use it to register with the FAA! You can easily find the number on a phone or tablet under your wi-fi tab…

IMG_1142.jpeg

It's easiest to use the aircraft serial number from one of your TXT flight logs. You can get that data from the CSV file generated by my online log viewer.

FYI, the "aircraft" and "flight controller" serial number reported in log viewers is the same internal serial number.

I’m in the same boat as the rest of you. I’ve updated my GO4 app and the aircraft firmware, made sure I was outside with good GPS, and the only change I can see is the Aerospace drop-down as mentioned. I went ahead and entered some info and hit the “Apply” button, and got a pop up that said “Apply Successfully”, then disappeared. In my About screen, there were no changes. All databases and firmware checks came back as Latest Version. So, I’m thinking all is good!

I had installed the Drone Scanner app on my iPhone, scanned by Bluetooth, but no drone seen. Tried changing to Wi-Fi, but the app said that it won’t work with iPhones due to Wi-Fi limitations, WTH?

In frustration, I turned to a search of the DJI Forum, and found information on how to format the RID serial number for FAA registration. You start with 1581F, then the Controller s/n (14 digits), then add a 0 on the end to make a string of 20 characters. This worked on the FAA drone zone site and was accepted.

I also found that it appears any RID transmission from the P4Pv2 is via WiFi, not Bluetooth like a module would. I don’t know how to see this information and could not find an app that will detect it on an iPhone. I’m stuck, and I don’t know what to do next.

Read this thread and you will find your answer. What you have stated is already in the thread.

I’m in the same boat as the rest of you. I’ve updated my GO4 app and the aircraft firmware, made sure I was outside with good GPS, and the only change I can see is the Aerospace drop-down as mentioned. I went ahead and entered some info and hit the “Apply” button, and got a pop up that said “Apply Successfully”, then disappeared. In my About screen, there were no changes. All databases and firmware checks came back as Latest Version. So, I’m thinking all is good!

I had installed the Drone Scanner app on my iPhone, scanned by Bluetooth, but no drone seen. Tried changing to Wi-Fi, but the app said that it won’t work with iPhones due to Wi-Fi limitations, WTH?

In frustration, I turned to a search of the DJI Forum, and found information on how to format the RID serial number for FAA registration. You start with 1581F, then the Controller s/n (14 digits), then add a 0 on the end to make a string of 20 characters. This worked on the FAA drone zone site and was accepted.

I also found that it appears any RID transmission from the P4Pv2 is via WiFi, not Bluetooth like a module would. I don’t know how to see this information and could not find an app that will detect it on an iPhone. I’m stuck, and I don’t know what to do next.
Really not sure why people are making it so difficult to register and see the module is broadcasting. All that is needed to register with The FAA is the RID identifier number that shows up under Wi-Fi.

Folks who may be looking to this thread to update P4P Plus v2.0 to RID compliant:
  1. For me, the Go4 App automatically required an update to the drone's firmware.
  2. Go4 successfully downloaded and installed the update. Took 30 minutes. Cool!
  3. But when I attempted flight, the rotors would not power up.
  4. To fix this, I manually updated the Go4 App ver. 4.3.60.
  5. Yes, this is literally Step-1 in the PDF at the top of this discussion; but in my case, I followed the DJI prompt in the Plus controller which did not require/request and update of Go4..
  6. Anyway, it worked. I just wish I had known this before arriving on location with a VIP client and a UAS which wouldn't power up. Fortunately, I had a back up.

Last edited:
On December 6, 2023, the FAA DOC (Declaration of Compliance) was posted on the FAA DOC database.

Remote ID is now fully official and in full compliance.

On December 6, 2023, the FAA DOC (Declaration of Compliance) was posted on the FAA DOC database.

Remote ID is now fully official and in full compliance.
Kind of. It looks like the document was either submitted incorrectly or the FAA did not post the correct details as it currently shows these are the only two serial numbers that have been approved for the needed full compliance:

1702166771712.png

Is that 2 serial numbers or the range of serial numbers?
It appears to be two total serial numbers. Documents for other DJI drones show a range of serial numbers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl