Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040

Ear about the file for the RC....

Let us keep informed about it....
I wish there was a XDA forum about firmwares modes:D:D:D

Hello people, is there way to have the old dji pilot app, as I really like the touch screen autopilot feature (without happened to fly the route)! [emoji57]

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

My God. I just went from 1.3.2 to 1.6 without reading this thread. Solely based on supposedly fixing battery issue. So stupid. Crap.

My God. I just went from 1.3.2 to 1.6 without reading this thread. Solely based on supposedly fixing battery issue. So stupid. Crap.
Too bad, the battery issue is only in 1.5, nobody should ever fly with that. All previous firmware didn't have the issue. 1.6 doesn't have the battery issue either.

Think I'm staying with 2.4.3 and 1.6 for a while. I purchased a separate tablet for the P3, so with auto updates off,
and Airplane mode usually on, DJI won't get any more opportunities to muck up my fun... for a while anyways.

Reactions: Mordor
I haven't been updating GO, I'm on 2.3 and I haven't updated my RC yet. Will I have better luck getting the bird back to 1.3.2 or 1.4 by not updating the other stuff?

Agree.....really dont care about speeds.....but the drifting...sucks!
Haven't flown any earlier versions for the P3 since I just got mine but I can say my P2 was much more stable even as far as drifting goes

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mordor
I wish I did more reading. Just got my advanced and went with the most current updates and 1.6.
Haven't even flown it yet.
I won't be able to tell anyone if it's slower or not but I'm sure it's better than my fc40.
If the 1.5 version is so bad why doesn't DJI just remove it from their site?

Reactions: Apilot101
settle for flying like grandma with the severely crippled performance of 1.6

Have you any hard evidence to back this statement up? All my testing to date on 1.6 would indicate that there is no loss in performance compared to previous firmware versions. I'd be interested to hear your test results.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Haven't flown any earlier versions for the P3 since I just got mine but I can say my P2 was much more stable even as far as drifting goes

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I would return that P3, there is no way a P2 could be more stable than the P3.
Unless maybe you have the P3 Standard or 4k (only have GPS), Not the Advanced or Professional which have GPS and GLONASS.

Reactions: Cale262
I got the firmware all set and working also got all the batteries upgraded the birds flying well.. question for those who know the Camera settings well does anybody have experience with the camera settings and trying to understand how the quick preview works I turn it on but it doesn't seem to allow me to preview any photos that I've taken...I want to do this so I can make adjustments while hovering for the best possible night shot adjusting exposure...

I got the firmware all set and working also got all the batteries upgraded the birds flying well.. question for those who know the Camera settings well does anybody have experience with the camera settings and trying to understand how the quick preview works I turn it on but it doesn't seem to allow me to preview any photos that I've taken...I want to do this so I can make adjustments while hovering for the best possible night shot adjusting exposure...

Can't really help you but I'm guessing you'd get much better response by starting a new thread for your questions.

Have you any hard evidence to back this statement up? All my testing to date on 1.6 would indicate that there is no loss in performance compared to previous firmware versions. I'd be interested to hear your test results.
Test results lol. That's funny , some people around here just like to work off of misinformation and assumptions. Actually testing theories would require way to much effort.

There I'm glad it finally came out. Of course I couldn't talk about it until it does come out. This firmware will take care of the battery issue we have seen a number of crashes over. So you DO want to take this update seriously and get it installed!

We actually were able to even test this update in some cold conditions. The coldest for me was only in the upper 20's, but there were others that flew in colder climates.

Since updating the firmware it seems to me like my flights have extended. Example, on the upper 20 degree flight I flew just over 14 minutes and had over 50% remaining. That is pretty good considering the cold temps.

Btw, you will want to update each battery you own. Just leave the microSD card installed You can do this by switching out each battery after you update the firmware. Just power down the a/c, switch battery, and power up again. The process will be very similar to the firmware update. The batter update should only be around 8-10 mins.

The 32 channel mod still works for android. However, it seems like the ios beta team was unable. I have not tried it on my mini 2 tablet to see if it does or not. I thought it didn't work on my K1 Shield at 1st but once I rebooted the K1 it worked no problem.

Let me know if anyone needs help.

Hi! Can you help me deal with DJI over a case of the above mentioned battery issue. All I got at the time was an offer of 30 % off for a new aircraft, which in all honesty left me speechless since I have video evidence of a shutdown and freefall.

This is what I replied to the first offer of 20 % discount:

"Whoa DJI, really? Looking at the flight log data, there is no doubt the aircraft malfunctioned (battery failure?) mid air at 00:15 in this video: Dropbox - IMG_8785.MOV. The aircraft was set to rth at loss of signal, but the restart obviously gave it a new homepoint. I do love your products, and had I only regained video signal I could have easily landed manually."

If you would find it in your heart to helt another fella out with this, I have posted the flight log as well in this link: Dropbox - DJI

Thanks in advance! /Stefan

ALL fw after 1.4, i did loose the straight line specially at low speed....

In fact me and other user where the first to complain about "drifting" issues since 1.4.....
1.4 is a totally crap flying and making videos, 1.5 a little better, and 1.6......i can really say nothing except probably its the same crap of 1.5, with battery updates added only...

And even we are few, there are other users that can confirm this,specially those that came from 1.1.9fw and 1.3.2.......and not those who buy it with 1.4 and above fw already installed...

Hi! Can you help me deal with DJI over a case of the above mentioned battery issue. All I got at the time was an offer of 30 % off for a new aircraft, which in all honesty left me speechless since I have video evidence of a shutdown and freefall.

This is what I replied to the first offer of 20 % discount:

"Whoa DJI, really? Looking at the flight log data, there is no doubt the aircraft malfunctioned (battery failure?) mid air at 00:15 in this video: Dropbox - IMG_8785.MOV. The aircraft was set to rth at loss of signal, but the restart obviously gave it a new homepoint. I do love your products, and had I only regained video signal I could have easily landed manually."

If you would find it in your heart to helt another fella out with this, I have posted the flight log as well in this link: Dropbox - DJI

Thanks in advance! /Stefan

The .txt file you placed in dropbox is corrupt. That file needs to come from the device used during the flight which the file can be loacted in the DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord/then look for the file in question. Also, I will need the .DAT file which must be downloaded from the aircraft. You must connect your pc to the usb on front of the aircraft, then enable r/c and GO app and go to the part in the menu to enable Flight Logs. You should then be prompted to power up the aircraft at which point you can select the .DAT file to download to your pc.

I chimed in on another thread - but this seems more active re 1.6 FW - Cut / Paste
I took a shot and did all my FW updates too (figured if $!it hit the fan - I would return the P3P within 30 days)

Took it out for one battery's worth of flight - only thing I noticed was that the gimbal was not level/parallel with the ground anymore (with P3P on flat surface). I tried to auto calibrate the gimbal once and than again after a flight/landing.

Just wanted to chime in to see if anybody else noticed that? No big deal - I just adjusted the roll -1.0 and it solved it.

Hi, you should do a IMU calibration on a flat surface.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart