Phantom 3 Pro won't play transferred videos on iPad Mini 2

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

First of all, I am new here, but I have had my Phantom for about 2 months now and fly it nearly every day. I have something like 25 hours of flight time so far.

So, my issue is this: I got tired of editing the low quality (720p) videos that I can download directly from the Phantom via the DJI GO App. I use an iPad Mini 2 (using latest version, iOS 10.3.1) with a camera cable that allows me to plug my Phantom into the iPad and transfer the video files. They do transfer and I can see them on the iPad, however, I cannot actually play them whatsoever.

When I attempt to play a video, it will give me the loading wheel and never actually plays the video.

This is quite frustrating because I want to use iMovie to edit my footage. I do have a computer, but it is nowhere near powerful enough to edit 4k or even 1080p footage-- so editing on the computer is not an option.

Has anyone else had this issue or do you have any advice for this at all? SIDENOTE: I worked for Apple as an iOS Senior Advisor/Mac Advisor, and I feel confident it is not an issue with my iPad based on my experience with iOS and Apple products in general. TIA for any and all help!!

Couple of things. First, are you recording in .mov or .mp4? Double check, the iPad doesn't like one of those formats. When you say you are transferring directly from the phantom, assume you are leaving the SD card in the bird. In the future, you may want to get a card reader that will allow you to plug the ad card directly into the iPad. So you can't edit the videos in your computer, but have you tried just playing them on it. Even my 6 year old MacBook can edit 1080 videos in iMovie.

Could be the sd card,,and I agree with Richard. The card reader for the iPad is the way to go its fast and hassle free,,
37a393f6c4cfc88f0255907b138aa974.jpg

Reactions: 805hd
Could be the sd card,,and I agree with Richard. The card reader for the iPad is the way to go its fast and hassle free,,
37a393f6c4cfc88f0255907b138aa974.jpg

I just bought one of these off amazon for $11.00. Shows up today, I am planning on using it to load post edited footage from my PC onto my iPhone so I can post to instagram while maintaining video quality [emoji106] That's the idea at least.

Reactions: wolf~928
Be sure to lets us know how it works our for ya,,,
You know that might just work,,thanks,,,

Be sure to lets us know how it works our for ya,,,
You know that might just work,,thanks,,,

It works! Had to convert my videos to MOV files but it all transferred and is 1080p from my PC to iPhone6s [emoji108]

Sorry everyone, I didn't see that anyone ever replied here, my mistake! I got it figured out. The problem was that I was recording in 1080P/60FPS and apparently my iPad 2 can only handle 1080P/30. So an easy resolution, I just didn't know about the 30FPS restriction :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20