Phantom 3 Pro fell from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you Dronless now?
No, I had the P2v+v3 as back up. then ordered the P3P. I'm all good. I would like that video chip from the bottom of the lake.

So hear is something to think about if DJI did remove the CSC command, how many of these people who are pulling these crazy stick manoeuvres would still be crashing and burning their bird anyway, from what i know and read i think having the CSC or not, it wouldnt make any difference some people are just going to do stupid stuff, because that is human nature.

Do stupid expect stupid results!

The guy asked for help in a forum where people help each other - he did not know about CSC. I know about CSC and I don't find it that comforting. I think its dangerous that it's not conveyed better - there should be a warning sticker on the aircraft when it's received.

Jaded drone purists ever so subtly implying tough luck, RTFM, stay away from our hobby...isn't really helping. IMHO.
FYI that things didn't go well for me here in this forum when I suggested better documentation regarding a midair CSC. The CSC is sacred and so perfect and ingenious that it can never happen in real life. I suggest you don't mention it around these parts.

In my case, my company bought mt P3P. I still treat it like it is my $1500. A coworker said he was excited to learn to fly it and I told him I would let him learn on a quad I built since he has zero experience. I'm pretty sure I knew everything about the P3 before it even arrived - manuals and YouTube videos for day straight until it arrived.

The guy asked for help in a forum where people help each other - he did not know about CSC. I know about CSC and I don't find it that comforting. I think its dangerous that it's not conveyed better - there should be a warning sticker on the aircraft when it's received.

Jaded drone purists ever so subtly implying tough luck, RTFM, stay away from our hobby...isn't really helping. IMHO.
Wasn't talking about him.. Talking about the ones that learned what they did and still think you would perform these stick movements under normal flying conditions.

FYI that things didn't go well for me here in this forum when I suggested better documentation regarding a midair CSC. The CSC is sacred and so perfect and ingenious that it can never happen in real life. I suggest you don't mention it around these parts.
I am right there with you and I carry on the fight till they ban me.

Last edited:
DJI could easily add a motors "Start/Stop" button on the app, and leave stick movements to steering the aircraft.
It takes a lot of reading and practice to stay one step ahead of disaster.

You have to be able to arm and unarm the craft without the app. Guys this is nothing new, dji has had this same CSC since 2010.

You have to be able to arm and unarm the craft without the app. Guys this is nothing new, dji has had this same CSC since 2010.
While I definitely understand this, why not have something built in so that if you are connected to the app that is gives you a secondary warning before executing. If there isn't any connection to the app then the CSC is executed without warning.

So hear is something to think about if DJI did remove the CSC command, how many of these people who are pulling these crazy stick manoeuvres would still be crashing and burning their bird anyway, from what i know and read i think having the CSC or not, it wouldnt make any difference some people are just going to do stupid stuff, because that is human nature.

I could have pulled off that maneuver without hitting the water.

While I definitely understand this, why not have something built in so that if you are connected to the app that is gives you a secondary warning before executing. If there isn't any connection to the app then the CSC is executed without warning.

You are missing the whole point. What happens when your doing 50mph in your car and run the wheel 100% to either direction?

Do you expect manufacturers to limit steering after a certain speed?

This would be a safety issue if they did, just like removing CSC would.

Just like the above example you wouldn't perform these combined stick movements under normal conditions. Just like you would never turn a steering well full throw at anything more than 5mph.

I actually love this description!

Reactions: blade strike

Have you read my post about calling us stupid?

All I am saying is give us the choice to turn it off.
We have the choice to turn off the lights when flying at night so the red LED's don't screw up the video.

Maybe we need a forum that we can throw all the angry csc, flyaway, why do I have to wait 8 weeks after I smashed it into a tree which jumped in front of me on purpose posts into a very simple heading of ....
Darwin-Awards.jpg

The dji Darwin awards could actually get us a lot more members! I'll judge it if you want? We wouldn't even have to do it yearly, weekly awards and even daily awards could be given? Maybe all members could have a vote?

Maybe we need a forum that we can throw all the angry csc, flyaway, why do I have to wait 8 weeks after I smashed it into a tree which jumped in front of me on purpose post into a very simple heading of ....
View attachment 22892
The dji Darwin awards could actually get us a lot more members! I'll judge it if you want? We wouldn't even have to do it yearly, weekly awards and even daily awards could be given? Maybe all members could have a vote?
I know wow I would vote for:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31