Phantom 3 Pro fell from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you fly her be prepared to lose her, fly her like you stole her and treat every flight as if it's her last. After that just smile and have fun.

Can you point me to the times you did these maneuvers? I didn't see any really quick panning or descents. If someone does plan to do these, maybe using some expo might help? Get more movement without needing full stick? Not sure if that would help.
The full stick data is at the bottom of the lake, when rounding the end of the I came down while moving back and to the side, and it dropped. So to all that say you can not use those stick positions, your right, it will drop you from the sky.

I think it should be fairly simple to accomplish in firmware by accessing the altimeter data and not allowing the motors to cut out unless on the ground during flight
I agree.

If you fly her be prepared to lose her, fly her like you stole her and treat every flight as if it's her last. After that just smile and have fun.
I did, I cried for a few minutes after the boat came back and told it went down. Then I broke out my back up P2.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
I did, I cried for a few minutes after the boat came back and told it went down. Then I broke out my back up P2.
That's the spirit man, I've had my tearful moments and sure aren't we still here. It's not a question of if but when we have our next crash. It's all part and parcel, it doesn't get easier but we're hooked. The good outweighs the bad. Fly well man ;)

Reactions: blade strike
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that IT IS A SAFETY FEATURE that should not be turned off. Finally, this is resolved.

Until the next one.

But that would be too easy to press and we would have 20 csc reports a day even from experienced pilots hitting it by mistake, that's what make the csc stick position so ingenious. It's perfect the way it is. It only happens to new pilots who have done more flying than reading

If the button ejected the pilot, we'd have a lot less Phantoms doing a face plant. Hmmmm.

Ok Marlin, very sorry boss, you're dead right boss. I was trying to draw a line in the sand but the hords of trolls were too strong. I was about to fall on my sword but I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and thank feck it was you I saw riding in on a shimmering unicorn. Haha. Finish it like a boss for us man

If dji are gonna introduce a red one button flip csc swith I'm christening it the James bond "mal" ejector seat "oh **** button" it will take them so long to say that in their heads that they'll wish they just did a csc

Reactions: Marlin009
So my phantom 3 just decided to fall 30ft from the sky, the motors cut out while I was bringing it in closer to land. The full thing is a write off, had it less than 2 weeks

On the lucky side of things I was coming down from 150 meters

Anyone else had something similar? What's the warranty turn around time like (UK based)

Issues
Body is smashed
Landing gear is bent
Propellers are damaged
Camera is smashed and has snapped of the gimbal
Gimbal is smashed
The app now says "no altitude data"

And those are the things I can see

I don't know if you received the help you asked for or not? Seems the thread has turned into a war of some sort.
Sorry for the mess...

When you were landing were you in a bit of a hurry? I know when its up high it comes down real slow. Some tend to try and hurry it up.
If it is something you did because of not understanding the controls and how the drone works so be it.
I have always been aware of this and when I come to taking it down, myself awareness of stick location is present.

It mite to be late for you...
I find a side to side action when bringing it down speeds it up a little.

Meta4 knows what he's doing maybe you can get him in a private conversation the option is available if you click on his Icon.
Good luck

DJI could easily add a motors "Start/Stop" button on the app, and leave stick movements to steering the aircraft.
It takes a lot of reading and practice to stay one step ahead of disaster.

Reactions: dalebb
Ok Marlin, very sorry boss, you're dead right boss. I was trying to draw a line in the sand but the hords of trolls were too strong. I was about to fall on my sword but I saw the light at the end of the tunnel and thank feck it was you I saw riding in on a shimmering unicorn. Haha. Finish it like a boss for us man

Is that your Irish way of saying I was a little harsh? :D Wouldn't be the first time I've heard it.

I've said it before, I feel for anyone that has inadvertently done it. I really do.
The shame is it is so easily avoidable. And no, I'm not going to say it.

Man I've had to do it again and check what the first post even was :D
Sorry. I know you guys think I'm moron. But a little background is that I design and build industrial control panels, and we install all the fail safes that you can think of. And when we have missed one, I travel all over to install them. Liability is foremost.

Sorry. I know you guys think I'm moron. But a little background is that I design and build industrial control panels, and we install all the fail safes that you can think of. And when we have missed one, I travel all over to install them. Liability is foremost.

Are you Dronless now?

Not thinking you're a moron at all man, just realising you are one of us before you realise it. We're all good.

We don't need a sticky, we need a CSC forum.

Then they shouldn't complain when they break that toy by their own doing. Just like with any TOY if you cant afford to lose it or replace it, you shouldn't own it. Especially things that fly, ANYTHING can happen.

IMHO if you spend 1200+ on something you might want to learn about it, toy or not..

Remember some of us respect these things and consider them a little more than a toy. I don't think people realize how complex these things truly are. Plus they can seriously hurt or damage people or property.

The guy asked for help in a forum where people help each other - he did not know about CSC. I know about CSC and I don't find it that comforting. I think its dangerous that it's not conveyed better - there should be a warning sticker on the aircraft when it's received.

Jaded drone purists ever so subtly implying tough luck, RTFM, stay away from our hobby...isn't really helping. IMHO.

The guy asked for help in a forum where people help each other - he did not know about CSC. I know about CSC and I don't find it that comforting. I think its dangerous that it's not conveyed better - there should be a warning sticker on the aircraft when it's received.

Jaded drone purists ever so subtly implying tough luck, RTFM, stay away from our hobby...isn't really helping. IMHO.

RTFS!!! I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj