Phantom 3 Pro fell from the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point me to the times you did these maneuvers? I didn't see any really quick panning or descents. If someone does plan to do these, maybe using some expo might help? Get more movement without needing full stick? Not sure if that would help.
Or as I suggested before, don't be so close. Be further back and higher up and just yaw to keep the boat in picture. The same way if you were filming a rally car race at a tight corner, just yaw and don't get so close. It's not what they are made for. You need a very expensive cable cam rig to pull off this shots properly

I'd like to know if/how you can do this in the Android app.
Here's what my screen shows - there's no controller icon in bottom left.

i-gGm6H9c-M.png
me too how do get this stick info on Android ?

This would be the 3rd documented case I've heard of. Still cannot fathom how people are applying that much stick input all at once.

Reactions: blade strike
I think it should be fairly simple to accomplish in firmware by accessing the altimeter data and not allowing the motors to cut out unless on the ground during flight

This wouldn't help for an emergency, the whole reason why it's active in flight to began with.

Reactions: acherman
Just like saying the emergency shut off on the wood chipper should only work as long as your feet are on the ground. I'd prefer the big red button that shuts it's off instantly

I only do crazy stuff with my phantoms but don't treat them as a 3d. Looking forward to any future news you may have for us and hope you're keeping well.

Thanks man.. Only thing new on the front that I'm working on is the m100. Just had my first flight with it today without gimbal or guidance of course..

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Just like saying the emergency shut off on the wood chipper should only work as long as your feet are on the ground. I'd prefer the big red button that shuts it's off instantly

not an exposed big red button though, one under a flip cover would work i imagine

Reactions: dalebb
I don't believe you can get the stick positions on the Android app... (yet?)

Tough crowd in here. I see the pro's want CSC left alone, but the newbs want an option to turn it off/toggle it for shutting down the craft.

I think there should be a toggle, with it being off as default. Those 'in the know' can turn it on. Those who have absolutely no idea what CSC is won't be using it other than inadvertently, anyway. Seems like common sense to me.

Don't think the m100 is gonna be my cup of tea or for many others but looking forward to what it can do and what might appear in the p4 because if it, unless I get myself into mapping and flir cameras where I think I can see it going, but I'm the eternal tech geek so will follow anyway mate

Last edited:
not an exposed big red button though, one under a flip cover would work i imagine
But that would be too easy to press and we would have 20 csc reports a day even from experienced pilots hitting it by mistake, that's what make the csc stick position so ingenious. It's perfect the way it is. It only happens to new pilots who have done more flying than reading

I don't believe you can get the stick positions on the Android app... (yet?)

Tough crowd in here. I see the pro's want CSC left alone, but the newbs want an option to turn it off/toggle it for shutting down the craft.

I think there should be a toggle, with it being off as default. Those 'in the know' can turn it on. Those who have absolutely no idea what CSC is won't be using it other than inadvertently, anyway. Seems like common sense to me.

On the contrary. If you don't know what csc is or how to prevent/initiate it. It is my opinion that you probably shouldn't be flying.

That's like a helicopter pilot saying he doesn't want his helo to be able to auto rotate. But pilots go through training to know when and how to initiate an auto. Treat your phantom like an aircraft and show some respect for the hobby.

It's the same guys that never check their oil or lights on cars. Just plain lazy.

On the contrary. If you don't know what csc is or how to prevent/initiate it. It is my opinion that you probably shouldn't be flying.

That's like a helicopter pilot saying he doesn't want his helo to be able to auto rotate. But pilots go through training to know when and how to initiate an auto. Treat your phantom like an aircraft and show some respect for the hobby.

It's the same guys that never check their oil or lights on cars. Just plain lazy.

I love these far fetched straw man comparisons. Keep it real, man. People are buying these as toys.

Forget about respect for the hobby, how about respect for their $1200-$1500 in the air? You would think people would be more careful or learn a little more.

Don't think the m100 is gonna be my cup of tea or for many others but looking forward to what it can do and what might appear in the p4 because if it, unless I get myself into mapping and flir cameras where I think I can see it going, but I'm the eternal tech geek so will follow anyway mate

I agree its for a very small group of commercial users. I will say its a work of art when it comes to expansion and bus access. Our fire department will more than likely pick one up and use it for FLIR and IR type work.

Correct alot of things should transfer down to the next version of the phantom.

Last edited:
I love these far fetched straw man comparisons. Keep it real, man. People are buying these as toys.

Then they shouldn't complain when they break that toy by their own doing. Just like with any TOY if you cant afford to lose it or replace it, you shouldn't own it. Especially things that fly, ANYTHING can happen.

IMHO if you spend 1200+ on something you might want to learn about it, toy or not..

Remember some of us respect these things and consider them a little more than a toy. I don't think people realize how complex these things truly are. Plus they can seriously hurt or damage people or property.

I agree its for a very small group of commercial users. I will say its a work of art when it comes to expansion and bus access. Our fire department will more than likely pic one up and use it for FLIR and IR type work.

Correct alot of things should transfer down to the next version of the phantom.
Hey if it wasn't for star trek we wouldn't have mobile phones and if not for nasa we wouldn't have cd players, gps and a lot more. That's why even on a more local level I'll be keeping an eye in your testing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj