Phantom 3 PRO Crashed with "Critically Low Voltage" message

Reaction score
My P3Pro crashed from 100m hight immediately after "Critical Low Voltage" message. Even though the battery charge for the time before was about 40-50%. Aircraft completely broken.
Does anybody know is it guaranty case for me?

You'll have to contact DJI and send in your Phantom. They will review your flight logs to determine the outcome.

Last edited:
Sounds like your battery wasn't pushed in all the way. There have been numerous other cases like this. No choice but to send it to DJI to see whether they come to the same conclusion by looking at your logs.

I've already sent a ticket and two days waiting for reply.
There are several suchlike cases I found here and another forums, but there is no one DJI outcome.

Just had the same thing happen with my advanced. Luckily I was able to land it safely, but with my hands off the controls it was literally falling out of the air. My battery was pushed in the whole way.

Let me ask this. Was it with the new updated app? How many flights since the update?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444614494.562509.jpg

Probably a battery connection caused by the battery not being inserted completely. A 1mm gap where the battery head hits the housing of the P3 will cause this-- Several instances on the forum threads relating to this issue.. It happened to me once -- so I check every time to make sure that it is all the way in. the P3 housing.

When it crashed it actually broke the battery connector. So the battery was seated all the way.

I always check.
I thought I did too-- and there is always the possibility of the latch on the battery being defective-- that has happened also.
Other than that-- an internal bad connection may have caused it.

Was the battery damaged or could you check the voltage after the crash. Looks like you had 57% on the flight record.

It was damaged. Plus the drone was damaged to much to try it. I checked the flight on healthy drones and it was fine.

It was damaged. Plus the drone was damaged to much to try it. I checked the flight on healthy drones and it was fine.
You probably will never know the exact cause factually.

Same thing happened to me at 47%, but I was above a tree at about 40" and I was able to steer it into a open area and it landed safely. I never I these issues till after the last firmware upgrade

Any chance that some of these sudden power losses could be caused by condensation on internals and or the battery terminals?

Cold P3 to warmer moist air. Warm P3 to cold moist air?

It is a big problem with video cameras in the tropics. Come out of the air conditioned hotel into the hot tropical and many cams will auto shut down to protect circuitry, until they warm up.

Had similar issue at 50 percent, voltage dropped suddenly to red figures upon gaining attitude, return to home was about to be initiated, but I cancelled it and managed to bring her back carefully. Battery life was at 98 percent and it had around 50 cycles. I later drained the battery down to 5 percent, recharged it and it has not happened again. Strange, as there was no indication that any of the cells was bad, voltage was quite similar across the cells and battery was pushed all the way in, I always check that before takeoff.

Same thing happened to me at 47%, but I was above a tree at about 40" and I was able to steer it into a open area and it landed safely. I never I these issues till after the last firmware upgrade

Which firmware version did you upgrade to? I am guessing it was 1.4.0010. I have one flight with mine using version 1.4.0010 and it was a low and slow test.
I am waiting to see if others might be having this problem. If so you can bet I will go back to using version 1.3.20.

I get more worried about flying my P3 everyday after reading about these problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.