Phantom 3 PRO Crashed with "Critically Low Voltage" message

Any chance that some of these sudden power losses could be caused by condensation on internals and or the battery terminals?

Cold P3 to warmer moist air. Warm P3 to cold moist air?
Not for my case. It was second fly this day. And the wether condition was like normal.

It happen to me to at 52%, FW 1.3.2, cancel the RTH function and could bring it back and land safety with 28%

Mine did this at 54%. Battery checked with ocd before each flight since I had read about this on this very forum. Oddly the fall video shows the lights go out at the same exact second you hear the remote control start freaking out and yet as it fell you can hear some of the motors screaming madly....right until the very pronounced whack into the street.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So as someone asked is this happening with a particular firmware version? More info people!!!
Latest release 1.40 on bird, rc and all three batteries. Not the first flights since updating either. Hell I had some really long flights right after the firmware updates without any issue.

Latest firmware and app for me too.
I checked the battery: Health 100%, Charge time - 32, Voltage - similar for each 4 cells.

Is any answers from Dji?
Mine did this at 54%. Battery checked with ocd before each flight since I had read about this on this very forum. Oddly the fall video shows the lights go out at the same exact second you hear the remote control start freaking out and yet as it fell you can hear some of the motors screaming madly....right until the very pronounced whack into the street.

No answers. Repaired and shipped back to me (ETA of Monday)

Were you asked for a fee for the repair?

Mine crashed today at about 100 feet through trees. Good dry weather, around 60 degrees. First flight in the morning lasted about 5 minutes, no issues. Battery stay seated, did not pull it out before I had the second flight that lasted for about a minute before crashing due to critically low voltage. Firmware updated to the latest just a few days ago. The battery has had less than 10 cycles. Battery level at 50% when crashed.

Reactions: kontek
Were you asked for a fee for the repair?

Mine crashed today at about 100 feet through trees. Good dry weather, around 60 degrees. First flight in the morning lasted about 5 minutes, no issues. Battery stay seated, did not pull it out before I had the second flight that lasted for about a minute before crashing due to critically low voltage. Firmware updated to the latest just a few days ago. The battery has had less than 10 cycles. Battery level at 50% when crashed.
Negative. They just noted it was accepted and evaluated and free. Mine fell from 280 feet straight down to concrete. Needless to say hardly anything was intact. Get the flight logs off your craft and upload to healthy drones so you can attach that to the ticket.

Negative. They just noted it was accepted and evaluated and free. Mine fell from 280 feet straight down to concrete. Needless to say hardly anything was intact. Get the flight logs off your craft and upload to healthy drones so you can attach that to the ticket.

Thanks. Is it the P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt file in the LOG folder? The content of the file doesn't show much.

Thanks. Is it the P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt file in the LOG folder? The content of the file doesn't show much.
That looks like your firmware update log. It's not that file.

Wow I counted at least 6-7 people on this thread that claimed this problem happened to them as well. That's insane. I guess I won't be flying long range anymore in case it falls out the sky I'll have something to claim for warranty. This is insane! **** DJI. $1200

Wow I counted at least 6-7 people on this thread that claimed this problem happened to them as well. That's insane. I guess I won't be flying long range anymore in case it falls out the sky I'll have something to claim for warranty. This is insane! **** DJI. $1200
Insane is the feeling you have when you are holding the remote while your bird is out/up a couple hundred feet and the lights go out, your remote starts beeping, and it sounds like a mad swarm of bees crash lands.

I can't even describe it folks. The part that just has me stumped is the fact the lights went out (something we can't make it do) yet the engines went wild. If I hadn't been flying it in the dark I wouldn't have caught these details.

So here is the video. Keep in mind this was shot by my daughter using her iPod. Her little friend is the kid talking about spying (he is convinced drones are a cia spy thing).

Note the lights went out, remote starts beeping. On screen showed me a very quick critical power message and boom loss of signal. Engine sounds are heard beyond this point while the lights remained off. Flight log below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Dji for the record was pretty good about this all. I called, got a ticket opened and a return shipping label within minutes. Checked in the same day received. Never asked me more questions beyond the story and above data provided. Quad was repaired and shipped back to me and should arrive back tomorrow (one day short of three weeks). No explanation provided. In the end I'm out a set of blades and that's it. Battery was fine and was used to pull flight logs etc afterwards.

My guess is there's a programming issue with either the quad or battery firmware. The batteries have some smart hardware that includes features like hibernate. I would be curious if something like this could be at play. The lights / engine noise is what I keep coming back to as odd. Anyone can claim that a battery coming out of the bird could cause these failures, however, I read these forums and gave a good check of this before each and every flight. A battery coming loose also cannot explain lights out but engines on.

Last edited:
Reactions: jyuus
A few weeks ago I took off with 54% battery and within 30 seconds my P3P started going drop on critical low power, but it still had 51%. I learned my lesson, I will never fly without a full charge again

A few weeks ago I took off with 54% battery and within 30 seconds my P3P started going drop on critical low power, but it still had 51%. I learned my lesson, I will never fly without a full charge again
How long had your battery been sitting at 54% prior to the flight?

It seems a very common thread here is the battery % range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers