Phantom 3 in flight gimbal vibrations

Reaction score
Recently I had to replace broken gimbal mounting bracket.
The white cushion shock looking things are a little smaller
Than stock I think but they fit none the less.
Please watch the video and check out pics to see
If anyone knows why I have such bad shaking in flight.
I know it wasn’t always like this..
Thank u

Idk how to load the video off u-tube...

Attachments

• IMG_1611361088.382706.jpg
    IMG_1611361088.382706.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 97
Thank u

I don’t see a video, but do see one photo.

I can see that the white vibration dampeners are not installed correctly. Also, two anti-drop pins are what we recommend. It looks like you may have four installed.

Either of those two issues could separately result in vibration. Both at the same time such as in your photo would certainly cause issues.

Of your two issues, I’d say the incorrectly installed dampeners are the biggest problem.

Last edited:
Thank u

If the video is uploaded to YouTube, go to the video and copy the URL from your browser. Paste the URL in your post and it will link your post to the video.

Do start with correcting those drop pins and vibration dampeners.

Reactions: JohnnyD913

I can see that the white vibration dampeners are not installed correctly. Also, two anti-drop pins are what we recommend. It looks like you may have four installed.

Either of those two issues could separately result in vibration. Both at the same time such as in your photo would certainly cause issues.

Of your two issues, I’d say the incorrectly installed dampeners are the biggest problem.
If the video is uploaded to YouTube, go to the video and copy the URL from your browser. Paste the URL in your post and it will link your post to the video.

Oso is right the dampers are installed incorrectly they should be all the way through the holes easy way to do it is to thread some thin cord through the hole around the thin part of the damper and pull it through the hole until the lip of the damper pops through

Yep , the rubber dampers are not going thru the gimbal mount plate. Also the mounting plate to the frame looks crewed up. I'm assuming it's the plastic one , there is an aluminum on I would recommend changing to. Personality I never trusted the 2 plastic anti drop pins , I picked up 4 specialty type screws ( its early and no coffee yet , cant think of the proper name ) hollow tube and a screw threads inside of it. I will post a pic later. Had good luck using 4 in 3/4" and 1" lengths.

Personally I’ve never had or even seen a problem with the plastic drop pins. Of course they do need to be installed properly, like anything else.
Me either. Seems like the most common thing I’ve seen are people asking how to remove the pins. Not really any problems with them other than using 4 of them could lead to some vibration related issues.

Like others here on the forum, I use the two pins that came installed when new from DJI and then I added loosely fitted zip ties in the two spots that come from DJI without pins. I know that some have said they take out all of the pins and use four loosely fitted zip ties. I’ll probably do that eventually, but so far I’ve been able to reuse the pins after removing them for assorted reasons over the years.

Oso thank u and all the guys.
I did the 2 pins and fixed the dampers
And all is well...
Thank u again

Thank u for your help on posting a vid.
I haven’t gotten around to loading any
But will now that I know how...
Thank u again

Here are the anti drop pins I use. I pin all 4 corners vs just 2. Also use thread locker. I picked them up at Lowes. Now I just need to anodize them .

Attachments

• 20210123_214730.jpg
    20210123_214730.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj