Phantom 3 drone down

Hi guys! I've never used the Litchi app, read much and watched many videos on it though but I don't consider myself very knowledgeable on it. Been messaging ideas with Rick, but saw something in another thread about the Smart RTH in Litchi... it was stated that the Smart RTH is "very conservative" in flight and takes over the flight and aborts the mission when it needs to. Additionally, one person stated that his RTH altitude was at 395 but he was flying at 235 and when RTH kicked in his bird STAYED at 235 instead of going up to 395. Do any of you have any experience with Smart RTH? Is it possible that RTH kicked in somewhere between WP 8 and WP 11? The reason I picked 11 is that based on where he lost signal, I went 2800 feet out and drew a circle and by WP 11 (IF I am right) he SHOULD have re-connected and got signal back, right? In fact, if he flew back into the yellow at any point he should have re-connected I would think... If I'm all wet here, tell me, I don't want to muddy the waters but I'd love to think I contributed something useful and I am learning from this as well.

Attachments

• Rickatom Signal.jpg
    Rickatom Signal.jpg
    993 KB · Views: 404
14 days ago my Phantom 3 took a joy ride on a mission doomed for failure. With the help of a great team of DJI scholars full of wisdom and the willingness to help this operator, I am happy to announce, the "Phantom Has Been RESCUED". YES!, its found. A little banged up and broken, but fixable I do believe. I found props down in pine straw. Camera looks good, but the base that attaches to drone is broken. Gray wire leads are pulled from the gimble base. I prop broken. I haven tried to start it up to check motors yet.

Attachments

• 20180110_140629.jpg
    20180110_140629.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 500
  • 20180110_141424.jpg
    20180110_141424.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 499
  • 20180110_141357.jpg
    20180110_141357.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 495
  • 20180110_141345.jpg
    20180110_141345.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 501
  • 20180110_141411.jpg
    20180110_141411.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 549
14 days ago my Phantom 3 took a joy ride on a mission doomed for failure. With the help of a great team of DJI scholars full of wisdom and the willingness to help this operator, I am happy to announce, the "Phantom Has Been RESCUED". YES!, its found. A little banged up and broken, but fixable I do believe. I found props down in pine straw. Camera looks good, but the base that attaches to drone is broken. Gray wire leads are pulled from the gimble base. I prop broken. I haven tried to start it up to check motors yet.

YAY!! Where was it found at???

@rickatom
My post is little out of the current trend.
I was wondering in post# 50 => Phantom 3 drone down
Your screen shot of your log did show your flight, must have been behind the text / data.
Here is the log, that I hand typed the URL from the screen shot.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

So what I working on was to show you and others why we think WP#2 shouldn't be the focused location just because of the signal lost.

Sure you need look there, but if not there you have to continue with your mission path.
The next obvious is having your mission and seeing where it might be flawed.
We know that in would never make it to WP#16, I would have hit something on its way to it.

@Meta4
Was pointing toward Wp11,12 because the higher ground level, yes very true, that is another very good POI. :rolleyes:
On that that is a general area, no find it then broaden to Wp10, Wp11 and Wp12, Wp13.

So looking at some street views, you got some tall ones in the neighbor hood.

Tall Trees.jpg

I thinking that WP 11,12 would have been close enough to get your signal back, since you stated that you left your remote on.
My thought it might be before WP 7, other wise your signal I think should have popped back in at some point.

Seeing some of those tall trees, it could have got hung up before WP 7, or something took it out of the Sky.

@rickatom
A Real Example
Look at the log between,
2m 1s and 7m 42.5s
The Log: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

If it never finished the mission or I never got the signal back then the entry at 2m 1s would be the last in the log and where the app is displaying where your Phantom is / was (The Last Known Location).

Now look at the mission.
The Mission: Mission Hub - Litchi

You sent it on a mission, you lost contact, but it kept following the instructions but, something stop it.

Rod

@rickatom, :D
Ok man where was it, and what took it down.

Rod

@OMG

Dang and that area looked so open on the GE, I was sure that he would have spotted it sooner.

No signal, and went that far and was that close. :eek:

I think I would let it dry out, because of condensation, even though it didn't take a swim, anybody else?

Not sure on the battery, looks like the fall knocked it loose, those batteries can be dangerous if they got really wet,

Is that blood on the prop, or something from the tree, I see your mixed with Pine and Oak. I have tagged both myself. :rolleyes:

A note if the camera was recording and the battery got knocked out then the end of the video will be corrupt.

So if you power it on say 10 / 20 seconds then that should finish updating the SD card, oops, never mind the wires are unhooked. :rolleyes:

Anyways, if your video is corrupt, you can't play it, I will give some info on how to repair it.

Rod

Reactions: robby4570
@OMG

Dang and that area looked so open on the GE, I was sure that he would have spotted it sooner.

No signal, and went that far and was that close. :eek:

I think I would let it dry out, because of condensation, even though it didn't take a swim, anybody else?

Not sure on the battery, looks like the fall knocked it loose, those batteries can be dangerous if they got really wet,

Is that blood on the prop, or something from the tree, I see your mixed with Pine and Oak. I have tagged both myself. :rolleyes:

A note if the camera was recording and the battery got knocked out then the end of the video will be corrupt.

So if you power it on say 10 / 20 seconds then that should finish updating the SD card, oops, never mind the wires are unhooked. :rolleyes:

Anyways, if your video is corrupt, you can't play it, I will give some info on how to repair it.

Rod
Yes, no video. And battery popped. I really wanted to see the video.
Having problem with communicating with drone.

They say if you power the bird back up it MAY correct the file... also there are software's out there that purport to fix corrupted files... rodpad offered to help earlier.
I have no wiring to the ribbon on the camera. The joints were ripped from the plastic clip. I need to get a new ribbon

Video is corrupt....i wanted to see too

I'm back, I had to do my paying job. ;)

I tend to think way ahead some times.

#1 You have tried to view the files from the SD card?
#2 How did you view / retrieve the files?
#3 Are there any files, pics, videos that do play / work from the SD card?

Rod

I'm back, I had to do my paying job. ;)

I tend to think way ahead some times.

#1 You have tried to view the files from the SD card?
#2 How did you view / retrieve the files?
#3 Are there any files, pics, videos that do play / work from the SD card?

Rod
Yes, pre existing video files do play, just not this last flight.

Yes, pre existing video files do play, just not this last flight.
I ordered a new cable set and a few other items for camera re install. I cant get drone to communicate with controller. Will not connect. I get weak communication warning across monitor screen. I am right beside it.

You skipped,
Question #1 and #2
What is important that you don't try to fix anything that is on the SD card.
Copy what is on the SD card to a PC to do the repairs, don't use SD card again.

My questions are not multiple choice.

Rod

Last edited:
Hum, I give up waiting.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member