P4P No HDMI for you

Reaction score
My P4P (not +) arrived yesterday. Yet to make the first flight due to work schedules.

But I prepped it and added the HDMI module from the P3/P4 series. Pretty standard process.
The controller did a firmware upgrade just like the P4. Then the controller would not connect to the P4P. No video. I could move the camera pitch so I know it is talking to it. Double checked all the ribbon connections and they are ok.

Installed the stock module and it worked.

Reinstalled the HDMI module, left the cover off and it worked. As soon as you install the cover, which also has the HDMI post built into it, the controller no longer works.

So I am back with the stock board.

My hunch is the controller software is confused with the HDMI which it thinks should be on the CrystalSky not the addin board.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I thought it was supposed to work with the new p4p rc.....Did you ask DJI/forum about this?

I posted in the forum. DJI Support, I will not even go into.........
My guess is everyone says it will work without actually any testing it there.
Guess someone had to be first to test it.

Reactions: tml4191
My P4P (not +) arrived yesterday. Yet to make the first flight due to work schedules.

But I prepped it and added the HDMI module from the P3/P4 series. Pretty standard process.
The controller did a firmware upgrade just like the P4. Then the controller would not connect to the P4P. No video. I could move the camera pitch so I know it is talking to it. Double checked all the ribbon connections and they are ok.

Reinstalled the HDMI module, left the cover off and it worked. As soon as you install the cover, which also has the HDMI post built into it, the controller no longer works.

I also installed a brand new HDMI module this morning, and it DOES NOT WORK. The controller itself works, but the Module does not connect to the DJI GO 4 App or the P4P. It shows "Disconnected", not "Aircraft Disconnected". I re-installed the stock module, and it worked.

Reactions: ricphoto
I also installed a brand new HDMI module this morning, and it DOES NOT WORK. The controller itself works, but the Module does not connect to the DJI GO 4 App or the P4P. It shows "Disconnected", not "Aircraft Disconnected". I re-installed the stock module, and it worked.
Thanks for saving me the time and trouble...I'll leave mine in the box for now...Let us know how it shakes out... interesting that the mods over at RC groups are/were so positive it would...

Response from DJI "I'm wondering if there's an issue with your HDMI module, it should work."

My answer back, "Should work, but have you actually tested and confirmed it working? Other are reporting similar issue."

I hope so, but how many people will think they busted the controller when adding the module?
Then there is the pain of pulling it out and putting it back in. If they were the same size then I would just leave the old cover off until a fix came out.

I don't do much FPV anyway, so may just wait for the 7.9 crystalsky to come out.

I'm still amazed they can't include this board on the stock controller. There isn't a camera made today that doesn't have an HDMI port.

The board is included on the stock P4P+ remote controller. I'm guessing a lot of people would be salty if DJI included the board on the P4P remote controller and tacked on another $100.

Has anyone gotten the HDMI board to work with the P4P yet?

The board is included on the stock P4P+ remote controller. I'm guessing a lot of people would be salty if DJI included the board on the P4P remote controller and tacked on another $100.
You're right, because it's not worth $100. As a part to upgrade, maybe $50 is fair, but if the HDMI inclusion was part of manufacturing, there's less than $5 of ADDITIONAL materials in that module, compared to the stock module that comes installed in the controller. Yuneec TH and 3DR SOLO both include an HDMI port. It's just dumb that DJI doesn't do the right thing an include HDMI. No Phantom should have a model name with the word PRO in it without HDMI....IMHO.

My hunch is the controller software is confused with the HDMI which it thinks should be on the CrystalSky not the addin board.
Dang I'm so glad I saw your thread on this. I just got mine today and was about to install my HDMI board that Ive had on my reg P4. Thanks for saving me a headache for sure.

Interesting thing is that mine had signal with it installed but then once I did my updates it stopped. Removed hdmi module and works great.

Should be included at no extra charge..obviously.
Hah, well, of course. I was thinking the same thing about the new screen ;)

there's less than $5 of ADDITIONAL materials in that module
No doubt. Unfortunately, businesses don't stay in business by selling things at cost.

Word twisting aside, my point is that the majority of Phantom owners are most likely not using the HDMI port. Therefore, adding it to all of the remote controllers could be deemed as wasteful to a company that is interested in making money.

No doubt. Unfortunately, businesses don't stay in business by selling things at cost.

Word twisting aside, my point is that the majority of Phantom owners are most likely not using the HDMI port. Therefore, adding it to all of the remote controllers could be deemed as wasteful to a company that is interested in making money.
Very good point on the fact that it could be wasteful to the company to just automatically put it on every one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers