P4P crash

Reaction score
Hello everyone my Drone fell 150 ft while in rth in my sight 328 away not sure why display said lost connection motors went off and down it came any thoughts? Yes I have flight log

Reactions: pdavies
Reactions: OOO
Instructions and flight log upload link: DJI Flight Log Viewer

Post a link to that upload back here.

maby the battery came loose been reading about this happening a lot on here.

maby the battery came loose been reading about this happening a lot on here.

Possible. I ready have to hit mine with the palm of my hand, to get the bottom of the battery to seat.

I think I am going to start using medical tape as a safety measure. Won't take much but just something to lock it in place.

Your kind of missing the point, We are not talking about the battery falling out, we are talking about the battery just being a little loose and once it looses it connection for even a milisecond its going down.
So rubber bands, party tricks, super glue, tape, band aids are not going to cut it. You need to secure the battery properly Snug and tight. Between this forum the DJI forum and the private forums this happens a lot. Good luck but you cannot say you have not been warned.

There are 2 clips on the battery, one top and one bottom, both must be engaged. Tape after, not a bad idea, it would help.

anything to hold pressure on the contacts.

Your kind of missing the point, We are not talking about the battery falling out, we are talking about the battery just being a little loose and once it looses it connection for even a milisecond its going down.
So rubber bands, party tricks, super glue, tape, band aids are not going to cut it. You need to secure the battery properly Snug and tight. Between this forum the DJI forum and the private forums this happens a lot. Good luck but you cannot say you have not been warned.
Looking at the engaged contact area size on the electrical connections, the battery would have to move a substantial amount, like at least an eighth or three sixteenths of an inch to lose connection, probably more like a quarter. So the millisecond theory doesn't make sense. So yes the battery needs to be fully clipped in. But no, something like tape could actually help.

Looking at the engaged contact area size on the electrical connections, the battery would have to move a substantial amount, like at least an eighth or three sixteenths of an inch to lose connection, probably more like a quarter. So the millisecond theory doesn't make sense. So yes the battery needs to be fully clipped in. But no, something like tape could actually help.
Why not Velcro? Put pieces of the loop part glued to the drone and battery. Then affix the hook part across them when the battery is installed. Reusable. Maybe if you want to go for less “give”, use the hard hook and loop stuff like that used on the EZ Pass mounting material used here in the U.S.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014...+dual+lock&dpPl=1&dpID=41PpwXymhwL&ref=plSrch

Or search for 3M Dual Lock and find more sizes such as rolls of it.

Last edited:
Hello everyone my Drone fell 150 ft while in rth in my sight 328 away not sure why display said lost connection motors went off and down it came any thoughts? Yes I have flight log
Def want to find out what happened to your bird here. Are you still gonna post the log's?

If we have learned anything , getting something to stick on the drone is no easy task , so much of these quick fixes are not going to work when the drone gets cold, , heats up as the adhesive it going to give way. You will need a commercial backing from 3M such as what we use on the Phantom Rain Wet Suit to get are air tight seal. Some of these DIY fixes that are being mentioned are gong to make your drone not look so good, if not catch on something and rip the battery right out. Be careful.

Once the weather clears and I get up in the air, I'll post my medical tape results. I don't need something that is going to last 'til the end of time - just 20 or 30 minutes. I'm also wondering if some of these crashes are caused by some weak connections within the battery itself. If the aircraft is flying in sport mode or making sharp maneuvers of some kind, could that be putting pressure on certain parts of the battery causing loose connections within the battery itself? Maybe only a small portion of the production run is affected?

Reactions: ddh1313

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik