P4 replacement motor

Yes but you were able to find a source on Amazon. I never knew replacement motors existed. Now can you find me a source for P4 gimbal pitch motors? I have 2 P4 hangar queens sitting on a shelf. I have the Yaw arms from Fstop but cant find the motors or circuit boards.
If you're in the US, call Mike Holt in California. He's got a slew of spare parts, some are used parts from craft that have been parted out, some are new. He repairs Phantoms at home. Good guy, good repair rates, and he sells parts if he has them. (530) 277-5366

If you're in the US, call Mike Holt in California. He's got a slew of spare parts, some are used parts from craft that have been parted out, some are new. He repairs Phantoms at home. Good guy, good repair rates, and he sells parts if he has them. (530) 277-5366
John, Do you have any other Contact Info for Mike Holt?

What happened to that grey wire to lose all that insulation?
I stripped it just for reference. It's a spare motor I use just for testing the fit on some 3D printed parts.

I removed the 3 screws under the damaged motor, and when loose it turns just fine and feels like the 3 others. It seems the axle has been pushed down and is pressed against the plastic shell. Hopefully i can just press the axle back up somehow. Just waiting to see if my insurance maybe covers a repair, if not i will crack the drone open and fix it myself :) Found a source for the motors here in Norway as well for just 27$. Next time I fly anywhere i will put the drone in my Pelican Case and just check it in, seems to be safer :rolleyes:

I removed the 3 screws under the damaged motor, and when loose it turns just fine and feels like the 3 others. It seems the axle has been pushed down and is pressed against the plastic shell. Hopefully i can just press the axle back up somehow. Just waiting to see if my insurance maybe covers a repair, if not i will crack the drone open and fix it myself :) Found a source for the motors here in Norway as well for just 27$. Next time I fly anywhere i will put the drone in my Pelican Case and just check it in, seems to be safer :rolleyes:

If the motor spins freely when separated from the case then the bearings are fine. It sounds to me like your motor shaft just needs to be pushed back up a bit. Use an automatic centre punch or similar and hit the motor shaft from underneath. Take note of the small c-clip and brass washer on the underside, and check one of the other (good) motors for the correct alignment.

I disassembled the P4 and pushed the shaft back with a punch, and now the motor feels and sounds a bit different than the others so I'm guessing the bearings might be damaged. I ordered a new motor to be on the safe side.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj