How to: Phantom 4 gimbal yaw and flex cable replacement

Yes, it was No.1
And the ribbon cable was separated like this when I got it....is that right?!
88ad4bc2a85592366317aed9e48dc931.jpg

That means it is the number one motor .
Either the number one motor is bad or that mod is bad. My bet is on the motor.
I can't see the cable well enough to tell much.

I think I may throw in the towel. What's a unit worth that needs gimbal work and possibly a new motor?

about $250 for the drone with camera. More if you sell it with the remote and battery. If you wanted to send it to me I would check it out at no charge. Just pay shipping. I can tell u if it is worth fixing.

about $250 for the drone with camera. More if you sell it with the remote and battery. If you wanted to send it to me I would check it out at no charge. Just pay shipping. I can tell u if it is worth fixing.

That would be awesome! Do I need to send the battery and remote with or do you have one that works?

That would be awesome! Do I need to send the battery and remote with or do you have one that works?
I have plenty of batteries and several remotes. U will have to re link your remote when u get it back. E mail me at [email protected]
I will send u my address. I am on vacation all next week but will check it out as soon as I get back.

I just completed the motor cap swap and while it spins more freely than the damaged one there is still a slight catch in the movement.

There was not catching between the new cap and sensor.

Only when I moved the old cap onto the new sensor that is experiencing this.

Did I place the sensor and the cap to tightly together? It appears to be flush.

Or might I have damaged it while removing the pin. It did require a lot of force in the vice grip

When spinning the motor there is an ever so slight wave in the spin

I realize this thread is quite old, but any help would be greatly appreciated

You may have bent the shaft. You can take the shaft out of the other one or just try it and see if it works. It might not matter

I do not get alerts for this thread, so please tag me via the @ function (@Just_nick) if you respond, that way I can see it.

As far as pressing out the center pin, getting something that has almost the same width as the pin will make it easier to center. However, it MUST be smaller than the hole and pin, and you MUST make sure you are only on the pin itself. Failure to ensure this is a good way to bend the pin. Using a torx or allen bit gives you a wider base and it is flat on both sides, so this prevents you from accidentally cocking to one side or the other. Make sure your socket on the opposite side is also flat, and pressing the pin out should be done in the middle of the vice. The initial break takes the most force, so slowly crank the vice until you hear it break free. That being said, it does not really take that much effort, especially in a vice. If it feels like you are taking a ton of force to press it out, you are probably not pressing only on the pin, or you are not using a socket on the opposite end. That's important, because you need room for the pin to come out, otherwise that force is just being exerted on the motor and eventually something will give.

Hello to all,I need to find and replace the roll motor on the phantom 4 standard yaw arm and wish to know firstly can I use phantom 4pro motor?secondly most reliable source if possible please
20190106_180856.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav