P4 pro HDMI module

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the hdmi module that you can install in the p3 remote will be able to be used also in the p4pro remote? I really like to be able to have a client look at his/her screen while I fly. I know the remote with the screen will have an hdmi out, but I am buying the one without the screen and hope to get the Crystal Sky monitor when it comes out. Thanks!

I looked for another thread that had this question... but I think it was mixed with other questions and may be buried by now.... I think this is a good stand alone question until someone can let us know... many of us are in the same boat...

Interesting. I wonder if that works with full quality and doesn't lag. Kind of an expensive gamble
smiley.gif
smiley.gif
225.jpg

I saw it in one of the P4P videos. Thought it was included. Guess I'll pull mine from my P4 if its not.

@msinger: Is this confirmed info? I couldn't find reliable source of that ;)

Edit: one more question. Is it possible to use different monitor/tablet with Pro Plus version? Maybe sb knows that... i cant find any informations if it's full intergrated or it's way to plug off and use for example ipad with extra holder

Last edited:
@msinger: Is this confirmed info? I couldn't find reliable source of that ;)

Edit: one more question. Is it possible to use different monitor/tablet with Pro Plus version? Maybe sb knows that... i cant find any informations if it's full intergrated or it's way to plug off and use for example ipad with extra holder

I'd read through THIS THREAD

Can't you use the USB port on the bottom of the P4P+ controller to bypass the built-in screen with an external one, like on all other DJI controllers, including the Mavic, which allows using an iPad instead of a phone that way? Otherwise, what is the USB port next to the HDMI port used for?

I don't know. It looks like DJI support is saying it cannot be used for that purpose in this post.
...and yet in post 56 there, I found this statement:
"DJI-Ken stated that the on-board USB (not micro USB used for updating) can be used to plug in another device like an iPad. Then the built-in display gets overridden by the iPad (which could have Litchi installed onto it). "

...and yet in post 56 there, I found this statement:
"DJI-Ken stated that the on-board USB (not micro USB used for updating) can be used to plug in another device like an iPad. Then the built-in display gets overridden by the iPad (which could have Litchi installed onto it). "
If true, I guess that means you need to take a friend with you to hold the iPad :D

Didn't I see that the new P4 pro controller has an HDMI out on it for like goggles ect?
It does if you purchased the P4P+. If you're getting the P4P instead, then you should transfer the HDMI output module from your P4.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
If true, I guess that means you need to take a friend with you to hold the iPad :D
Not necessarily. If it works (and it should), a Mini 4 could easily be securely taped in place, over top of the 5.5" screen, with a little removable gaffers tape, secured to the front edges of the Mini 4 and around the back of the built-in screen. One P4P+ remote with HDMI out, two potential tablet options, without needing a second remote. Since the plugged in Mini would disable the built-in screen display, no issue with covering it up! :cool:

How easy is it to fit on the bottom of the P4P?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: ringolong
If the P4P is as simple as that then I may just buy the unit without the screen. Then await the updated screen.

Thank you!
That's a good plan. I think when P4P+ buyers see the 7.9" Crystalsky display when released, they'll be sorry they bought that small 5.5"version. The P4P is what I plan to buy, potentially using the 7.9" if it's as bright and clear as implied. By that time we'll know if the Crystalsky will run Litchi also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic