P4 pro HDMI module

I installed the module on my P4P and can't seem to get a video feed when I connect. This is the second module I've tried. Are you supposed to do something to get the video feed to work? I know it's installed properly, the c1 and c2 buttons beep,like they should. Thoughts?

I installed the module on my P4P and can't seem to get a video feed when I connect. This is the second module I've tried. Are you supposed to do something to get the video feed to work? I know it's installed properly, the c1 and c2 buttons beep,like they should. Thoughts?
See post #57 in this thread.

Make sure you are on the latest firmware. It should work.
Is there a way to check what firmware your have? There must be. I thought i had the latest firmware when I went to try the new module tonight. It didn't work. Then I saw that it needed new firmware. I went to download it but it wouldn't go through, kept stopping at less than 40 percent, at that point I turned everything off and tried again and it didn't say I needed it.

Since the drone wouldn't connect, I switched back to the original module. At that point, the drone said the firmware update was incomplete and it looked as though it was finishing the update. When it was done, I switched back to the new module and things still wouldn't work. No connection.

At this point, I Went back to the old module. Things work fine, it doesn't say I need firmware. I switched back to the new module again. Still nothing.

Soooo.... I'm wondering if somehow it still needs an update but it isn't telling me. Sorry.... I know this is long and boring. Any ideas?

Is there a way to check what firmware your have?
You can find your current firmware versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Reactions: PainterPilot
Initially it was not working. When the cover went on the link to the P4P would fail. Confirmed that on mine with 2 different modules.
With the 12/9 firmware update for the controller it is now working. Also confirmed with my controller.
I'm not getting very far with this. When I try to update, it get stuck at 35% and won't go the rest of the way. DJI Support is telling me to use a laptop to update it. I'm not sure how to do this. On DJI's website, there is a firmware upgrade for the P4P+ with instructions to use a micro SD card and insert it in the controller. Since the P4P doesn't have a micro SD slot on the controller, I'm not sure how to do this. Any thoughts?

I'm not getting very far with this. When I try to update, it get stuck at 35% and won't go the rest of the way. DJI Support is telling me to use a laptop to update it. I'm not sure how to do this. On DJI's website, there is a firmware upgrade for the P4P+ with instructions to use a micro SD card and insert it in the controller. Since the P4P doesn't have a micro SD slot on the controller, I'm not sure how to do this. Any thoughts?

the controller says I have 1.8.0 -- I believe that's the latest update.
Are you sure you have a P4P?

1.8 is the current remote controller firmware version for the P4. If you have a P4 and 1.8 is installed, then you don't need to update the firmware.

Question, as I just got my P4P in, and have never owned a phantom before. This Phantom 4 HDMI module, that works on the P4P......I see people hooking it up to their tv's inside their house. Do you sit on the couch and fly? Wouldn't flying inside hurt your radio/video signal drastically? I have been flying drones for 7 years, and I always would switch to 433, from 2.4, when flying from inside my house. The only reason I ask that is if its not as bad on DJI software than I might buy me a hdmi module....

One other question: I just purchased a Nvidia K1, because I read, multiple times, it was one of the best tablets to use for the DJI app. Would the HDMI module benefit me anymore than just using the hdmi out on the k1? Thanks for the replies.

Do you sit on the couch and fly?
That would not be possible unless you're able to fly line of sight outside of a window from your couch. Even if it was possible, I don't recommend it.

I just purchased a Nvidia K1, because I read, multiple times, it was one of the best tablets to use for the DJI app. Would the HDMI module benefit me anymore than just using the hdmi out on the k1?
When outputting video from the HDMI port on the Nvidia Shield K1, you'll see exactly what you see on the screen. If you output video from the HDMI port on the HDMI output module, you'll see the FPV view (see this video for an example).

That would not be possible unless you're able to fly line of sight outside of a window from your couch. Even if it was possible, I don't recommend it.

When outputting video from the HDMI port on the Nvidia Shield K1, you'll see exactly what you see on the screen. If you output video from the HDMI port on the HDMI output module, you'll see the FPV view (see this video for an example).
Thanks for the reply. I am a little confused by this statement, as it looks like you would still see the OSD on the K1 and via the hdmi out on the module. Obviously you can turn that off though, in settings, like the video explained.

I guess I am just trying to figure out if the hdmi module would have any benefit over using the hdmi out on the K1. Besides having 2 other usb ports that I wouldn't know what to do with. Just seeing if I would "need" the hdmi module over just using the k1 hdmi out...If that makes sense.

If you use the K1 output, the external display will show exactly what you see on the K1. If you use the HDMI output module, you will see the view as seen in the video I linked above.

If you use the K1 output, the external display will show exactly what you see on the K1. If you use the HDMI output module, you will see the view as seen in the video I linked above.
Understand now, I was talking about something else, but we are on the same page now.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the P3 HDMI module will not fit into the P4 Pro v2. The P4 Pro V2 only has one ribbon connector at the bottom same as the P3 HDMI board, but the other two connectors are not ribbon connectors and are jack plugs and sockets similar to Lipo battery balance port plugs .

I have found that the HDMI cable affects whether the signal is transmitted or how well it displays (for P4P v1). Trying a different HDMI cable may solve the problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4