P4 pro HDMI module

The HDMI Ouput Module is compatible with the P4P.

I just got my P4P. Upgraded firmware, got everything working OK.

Took the HDMI module out of my P4, swapped it into the P4P controller. Controller won't fully boot up - only white lights on the bottom. Tried resetting, re-pairing, resetting controller. Also tried swapping the HDMI module back to the P4 controller, and it works perfectly there. I even tried updating the software on the P4 controller to v1.8.0 and swapping the board back to the P4P, still no dice.

I'm waiting for the CrystalSky monitor, so no rush on the HDMI side, but it sure doesn't look like my particular HDMI board works in the new controller.

I believe the microphone is integrated into or next to the tablet mount on the top of the RC on the P4P+, rather than part of the HDMI/microSD card reader module. Since they are wrong about the functional transferability of the P4 HDMI module, perhaps they are also wrong about supposedly not being able to use the USB port on the P4P+ to disable the built-in screen and use the 7.8" CrystalSky monitor or an iPad. If they need an RC firmware update to fix one, perhaps they can include the other functionality, if it doesn't already exist. No reason not to.

The HDMI Ouput Module is compatible with the P4P.
I received my P4P yesterday, upgraded firmware, everything was fine. Today, I installed a brand new HDMI module into the controller.. Now the DJI GO 4 app will not connect to the P4P. I rebooted the controller, the bird, re-installed the app, and still no luck. Going to re-install the original board now... fingers crossed.

Update: I re-installed the original board and it's working fine.
btw, this was DJI GO 4 on iOS.

Last edited:
Which is why those complaining about the extra $300 are needing to either cannibalize or buy a $100 HDMI module to replace the one included for $300 more. Net cost: $200 more. Now add an external BT GPS for a Wifi only tablet for another $100 to have GPS, which is also already included in the P4P+, and the difference is only $100. Now ask yourself the value of a built in microSD card reader on the controller to play back and edit your 4K video directly on the P4P+ screen in the field, in sunlight, to see if you got what you wanted, before you leave. Worth $100 to me, if it works as advertised on the 4K video. Now, what is the cost of your other tablet? The P4P+ comes with a FREE tablet! :D QED.

That's only true if you want HDMI output from your transmitter, and if you want a wireless connection to your iPad Mini. If you don't need it or don't care, then it's a pointless expenditure of $300.

So many "ifs" in your scenario for you to get to your conclusion......

If you're really set on that bright screen, then it seems to me that you'd be far better of to wait for the Crystal Sky monitor rather then being relegated to flying with that tiny iPhone-size screen.

Last edited:
Since they are wrong about the functional transferability of the P4 HDMI module, perhaps they are also wrong about supposedly not being able to use the USB port on the P4P+ to disable the built-in screen and use the 7.8" CrystalSky monitor or an iPad.
You cannot simply connect another device running DJI GO 4 to the P4P+ USB port, I've tried it. The DJI GO app on the external device won't recognize the controller.

I just got my P4P. Upgraded firmware, got everything working OK.

Took the HDMI module out of my P4, swapped it into the P4P controller. Controller won't fully boot up - only white lights on the bottom. Tried resetting, re-pairing, resetting controller. Also tried swapping the HDMI module back to the P4 controller, and it works perfectly there. I even tried updating the software on the P4 controller to v1.8.0 and swapping the board back to the P4P, still no dice.

I'm waiting for the CrystalSky monitor, so no rush on the HDMI side, but it sure doesn't look like my particular HDMI board works in the new controller.[/QUOT
i THOUGHT i read on the dji support page that you needed to install module into radio before doing any firmware upgrades...
2. Can my remote controller output HDMI signal?
The Phantom 4 Pro’s remote controller can output HDMI signal with the HDMI Module installed and a mobile device. After installing the HDMI Module, upgrade the remote controller’s firmware to the latest version.
The Phantom 4 Pro +‘s remote controller has a built-in HDMI port.

You cannot simply connect another device running DJI GO 4 to the P4P+ USB port, I've tried it. The DJI GO app on the external device won't recognize the controller.
So I have been told, under the current firmware. The built-in HDMI out, however, will allow use of HeadPlay or other goggles, with the 1000 nit built-in screen for any required touch functionality. I suspect that the USB port "out" functionality may be added later, to support the 7.8" CrystalSky tablet alternative to the built-in 5.5" integrated CrystalSky screen. You already have your P4P+?

That's only true if you want HDMI output from your transmitter, and if you want a wireless connection to your iPad Mini. If you don't need it or don't care, then it's a pointless expenditure of $300.

So many "ifs" in your scenario for you to get to your conclusion......

If you're really set on that bright screen, then it seems to me that you'd be far better of to wait for the Crystal Sky monitor rather then being relegated to flying with that tiny iPhone-size screen.
Fortunately, it's my conclusion that applies to me. Yours may be different! You neglected to address the benefit of the built-in microSD card reader on the P4P+. A 5.5" inch screen isn't tiny. It's the larger iPhone Plus size, and the size of the smaller of the two CrystalSky screen sizes to be offered later. 7.8" isn't all that much larger! It's still not the 9.7" size of a full sized regular iPad Air2 or iPadPro, or the bigger 12.9" iPadPro! I suspect if you think 5.5" is tiny, that the 7.8" CrystalSky also still won't be big enough for you.

Fortunately, it's my conclusion that applies to me. Yours may be different! You neglected to address the benefit of the built-in microSD card reader on the P4P+. A 5.5" inch screen isn't tiny. It's the larger iPhone Plus size, and the size of the smaller of the two CrystalSky screen sizes to be offered later. 7.8" isn't all that much larger! It's still not the 9.7" size of a full sized regular iPad Air2 or iPadPro, or the bigger 12.9" iPadPro! I suspect if you think 5.5" is tiny, that the 7.8" CrystalSky also still won't be big enough for you.
It sounds like the P4P+ is a great deal for you.

Last edited:
It sounds like the P4P+ is a great deal for you.
Even that remains to be seen! :cool:
Can't get my hands on one, yet, to know! :rolleyes:
Never said it was perfect for everyone. The beauty is that both controllers work with the P4P, so we can buy both, and have the best of both, depending upon the situation!

Last edited:
I've seen online DJI support addressing the situation of the HDMI module not working with the P4P and that they are working on it. I haven't seen anyone from DJI saying its fixed and now working. Can anyone actually confirm 100% that the HDMI module add-on to the P4P controller works now??? (Yes after installing the latest firmware). Thanks

Initially it was not working. When the cover went on the link to the P4P would fail. Confirmed that on mine with 2 different modules.
With the 12/9 firmware update for the controller it is now working. Also confirmed with my controller.

I've seen online DJI support addressing the situation of the HDMI module not working with the P4P and that they are working on it. I haven't seen anyone from DJI saying its fixed and now working. Can anyone actually confirm 100% that the HDMI module add-on to the P4P controller works now??? (Yes after installing the latest firmware). Thanks
100% confirmed on my P4P with the latest firmware. As @FlyGary mentions above, it did not work before the firmware update.

Attachments

• IMG_9702.JPG
    IMG_9702.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 433
  • IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2986.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 414
Reactions: UrbanVoyager
I am sure it does. :) I just want the flexibility to upgrade screens at anytime and use any flight app that I want.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Me, too! I'll be getting a separate GL300F controller for just that purpose. The extra $319 is worth it, to have both controllers, or I'll just also buy the P4P which comes with one, and have a spare aircraft, and a second battery and charger for only $1180 more, bringing the price of the spare aircraft alone down to just under $1000. Cheap backup aircraft!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31