P3SE solution but... who is speaking Russian

Hi Everybody!

I am new on this forum... using a Phantom 3 SE. I had to return it 2 times for repair to DJI. It took 3 months before it could fly ! But with the latest FW and App, it cannot fly more than 100/120 meter away. So I am looking since one month for an easy way to switch to FCC mode (I live in Europe/Belgium)

Currently, I try to switch to FCC with a Smartphone on which DJI Go v3.1.23 is installed (using Fake GPS and avoiding the AC to find its GPS). The Smarphone used for piloting is using DJI Go v3.1.18, which is said to not switch back to CE mode. So, I ran some test flight to about 900 m (or more than 200 m on top of me). I did not get 3 km as said in this thread !

I would be happy to test the fcc version 3.1.28 to avoid the previous time consuming workaround. Could somebody send the PW in a PM ?

Thanks. Regards.

PS : Another way I was exloring at is to use a range extender (replacing the antenna on the RC) like 4HAWKS RAPTOR XR) but it is another extra cost without being sure to get best results. See 4hawks Raptor XR range extender for Phantom 3 Standard / SE

Hi Everybody!

I am new on this forum... using a Phantom 3 SE. I had to return it 2 times for repair to DJI. It took 3 months before it could fly ! But with the latest FW and App, it cannot fly more than 100/120 meter away. So I am looking since one month for an easy way to switch to FCC mode (I live in Europe/Belgium)

Currently, I try to switch to FCC with a Smartphone on which DJI Go v3.1.23 is installed (using Fake GPS and avoiding the AC to find its GPS). The Smarphone used for piloting is using DJI Go v3.1.18, which is said to not switch back to CE mode. So, I ran some test flight to about 900 m (or more than 200 m on top of me). I did not get 3 km as said in this thread !

I would be happy to test the fcc version 3.1.28 to avoid the previous time consuming workaround. Could somebody send the PW in a PM ?

Thanks. Regards.

PS : Another way I was exloring at is to use a range extender (replacing the antenna on the RC) like 4HAWKS RAPTOR XR) but it is another extra cost without being sure to get best results. See 4hawks Raptor XR range extender for Phantom 3 Standard / SE

Hi Sailor,
If you can reach 900 meters, you are in FCC mode.
Prerequisits to reach 3000 meters:
  • Very accurate pointing with controller to AirCraft
  • No objects in line between the RemoteController and AC
  • No active wifi equipment in a 200 meters distance around the RC
  • No active wifi or other strong radio signal emissing equipment on the line of flight in 200 meters area around the AC
  • Optimal altitude of flight (depend on the relief, typical 70-120 meters
  • Over 1000 meters you have to fly straight, the back of AC has to point continously into the direction of RC
  • Fully loaded RC battery
  • Favorable sunbathing activity :)

Hi Sailor,
If you can reach 900 meters, you are in FCC mode.
Prerequisits to reach 3000 meters:

Thanks PhantomFlyer3SE ! :)

This morning, I gave a try to compare my old way to the mod FFC v3.1.28...

First try, with the FCC mod app on a tablet. I reached less than 900 m at 40/50 m altitude.
Second, with DJI Go v3.1.18 (a Smartphone). I reached more L=450 m altitude on top of my head. Then about 900 m at let say between H=100-200 m altitude.

So my current conclusion is that both solutions are equivalent. The mod app has (maybe) the advantage to be based on the last release of DJI (v28), compared to the last version which does not switch the drone back to CE mode automatically.
But it is displaying regularly the message box saying that the drone will g back to CE mode. I had to press OK regularly. So, the patch is ignoring the FCC>CE switch but it does not hide the message box.

Now, I have to ask myself if changing the antenna of the RC by another more powerful (see my previous message) will help (the range limitation is also depending on the AC side). Vendors of such systems are claiming to multiply the range by 4 (it means 1000 m in CE mode and much more in FCC mode). DJI is writing 500 m in CE mode in the specifications !!!

What do you think ?
I will call the distributor on Monday.

Best
Pierre

Today I tried Lichi / Android in my garden.
Last beta version is crashing
Last release from Play Store does not work.
Version 3.10.10 looks to work at 90% but I did not check everything because I do not have a compass sensor in my tablet (Android 6.0 with only a GPP)
It connects well. The take off function does not work. The display is working after taking the first picture. I did not try to fly. Maybe another day...

I use version 3.1.18 for fcc and yesterday I reached a kilometer test but discarded and returned it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180316-175103.png
    Screenshot_20180316-175103.png
    416.5 KB · Views: 514
I use version 3.1.18 for fcc and yesterday I reached a kilometer test but discarded and returned it.
Oh, brother, don't be afraid. Every first time is frightening but just keep your right stick forward. :cool:

You're doing well. It looks you're flying in FCC.

mod_3.1.18_fcc_v3.rar
I use this app and after 100 m the gps mode turns off and it then after a short time it seems active again but flight record error remains, telling me to turn off P-GPS mode.

Any ideas? Is the flight record error just history or is it a message I should follow?

mod_3.1.18_fcc_v3.rar
I use this app and after 100 m the gps mode turns off and it then after a short time it seems active again but flight record error remains, telling me to turn off P-GPS mode.

Any ideas? Is the flight record error just history or is it a message I should follow?
No, it isn't normal. What kind of tablet / phone do you use? And did you have a previous installation on your device? And if... what was that previous version?

No, it isn't normal. What kind of tablet / phone do you use? And did you have a previous installation on your device? And if... what was that previous version?

I had the latest version from android store. I use a OnePlus 2 as a dedicated flying phone. At first the modded app was totally out of scale on the phone so I could only see 30 % of the verification code upon login. Gave it 10 guesses and managed to log in. Also first flight with the app the camera buttons didnt respond. Fixed with few restarts.

After my experienced gps problems I changed location and everything works flawless. I fly at 100 m height and 500 m distance across lakes and lands with full RC connection. Im still new to flying so I wont go beyond as of yet.

can I get the password of the file: dji_go_3.1.11_en_mod.rar?

Last edited:
Ok, app working ... But I can not change from 5.8Ghz to 2.4Ghz, I select the 2.4 band, the channel ... I go on apply, it asks me to restart the WiFi but does not change anything ... Always 5Ghz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT