P3SE solution but... who is speaking Russian

So, you can update the drone to the last FW and use the mod DJI Go and lets the party begins ? :D

I want to see the long test range, lets hope the weather here gives some peace to test it. :)

I believe so. If you try it, and dont get the wanted result, you can always revert back to the starting point. Go ahead and fly!

As an IT Security “person” for my day job, I’d be highly reluctant to install anything “mod’d/hacked” by someone in Russia. But...who knows? ;)

As an IT Security “person” for my day job, I’d be highly reluctant to install anything “mod’d/hacked” by someone in Russia. But...who knows? ;)
Sowing doubts is very easy. Especially if there is just a modified app. And the modification is well-known. Maybe you could give a substantiation.

Last edited:
Reactions: psyke and Peandreo
Today, finally, the moment of testing :)
Because I'm a donkey, I overlooked, that the English version has been fixed ...
So I successfully tested the "dangerous" Russian version :)
1) Reporting a nice Russian girl - OK :D
2) Response and reach, no lags - OK
(1200m, then the signal weakened, with 3.1.8 I got up to 2000m, but at higher altitude)
3) Followme - works! unfortunately ... about half a minute bird rises and flies away somewhere :)
I suspected that in Russia, but I looked into the map, five attempts wanted to Poland 3x, 1x to Austria ;):D:D It can see that it was an international work
PhantomFlyer3SE:
Russian version is identical to English? I have finally installed the English. so again on the weekend,
can anyone test it Followme??? :(

(1200m, then the signal weakened, with 3.1.8 I got up to 2000m, but at higher altitude)
3) Followme - works! unfortunately ... about half a minute bird rises and flies away somewhere :)
I suspected that in Russia, but I looked into the map, five attempts wanted to Poland 3x, 1x to Austria ;):D:D It can see that it was an international work
PhantomFlyer3SE:
Russian version is identical to English? I have finally installed the English. so again on the weekend,
The English version is identical to the Russian version. There are already positive test results from other users. They are currently working on a version 3.1.18-FCC.

Sowing doubts is very easy. Especially if there is just a modified app. And the modification is well-known. Maybe you could give a substantiation.

Hey...I didn't substantiate anything. I didn't research this at all. I am just stating as fact (hacked software from Russia and NUMEROUS other countries btw) is often chalked full of implanted vulnerabilities/malware. I deal with it every single day. And as I said, who knows? It could be just fine... Wasn't trying to start an argument. I was simply saying be careful. I probably should have stated it more simply.

Reactions: Fruityloops
Hey...I didn't substantiate anything. I didn't research this at all. I am just stating as fact (hacked software from Russia and NUMEROUS other countries btw) is often chalked full of implanted vulnerabilities/malware. I deal with it every single day. And as I said, who knows? It could be just fine... Wasn't trying to start an argument. I was simply saying be careful. I probably should have stated it more simply.
I agree with you, security is an important question, and a modded application has always an extra risk. Everybody has to have this in mind, and make his own decission about the risk.
I can tell the others, why I decided to take the risk, but everyone has its own responsibility.
I take the risk, because I know much more about the story as just that there is a russian modded app. I readed many posts of the creator. I know, that he is a drone enthusisatic like me, I know, he has P3SE like me, and had the same problem with the 2-300 meter flight distance in Europe. I saw as he fund the opensource solution on github what was shared by chatikib as well, and we could follow as he managed to implement the patch, wich was developed for Phantom 4 to our drone as well. I know, that he fly with same patch.

The situation seems to me clear, I trust him, but of course, I know, that in the world of internet all thing is possible. But there is an other risk as well. This is, that I bought an expensive device, and I can not enjoy it. And I do not want to take this risk! :)

Last edited:
I don't want to be russophobic either, I trust my Eastern neghbours as dronebros, that they are willing to do some serious work to get these SE's flying better. There are really talented programmers and hackers in the Russia, have to admit that. If DJI won't release an SDK, "njet problem". Just reverse-engineer the bad code and patch it.

PhantomFlyer3SE:
Hi DC, if I anderstood you well the follow-me mode seems to be buggy. One question, which quality of GPS signal had your device at this test? It is not possible, that your phone have lost the signal, and based on cellular network it gave inaccurate positioning?

I hope, I will be able to make testings on the weekend

Hi, I would like to join the testers and share some experience.
Today flying in FCC with app 1.3.8.
Would you give me the link and password to download the English version 3.1.11?
I got lost among the various links.
sorry for the bad ingelse (google translate)

Hello and thanks,
if both versions are the same, why is their size so different? spoken comments?

And ****, really, cellular network refinement was turned on ...
two escape directions really stands towers :) but the gps signal was also strong

Hello and thanks,
if both versions are the same, why is their size so different? spoken comments?

And ****, really, cellular network refinement was turned on ...
two escape directions really stands towers :) but the gps signal was also strong

The Russian version is larger because the language has been added. And probably the language files are less compressed.

Hi guys,

can someone MP me the password to unrar the file ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys, i would like to test the russian version, can someone MP also me the password to open the file?
Thanks

I hope both of you will be able to share experiences about the app soon.

Ciao ragazzi,
Hai condiviso con me la versione russa tradotta in inglese dell'APP 3.1.11, quindi è giusto che condivido i miei test con te.

Configurazione di prova:
APP (russo / tradotto 3.1.11)
FIRMWARE: 1.3.20
TELEFONO: onore 8

volo eccellente, 1350 metri prima di perdere il segnale
volo nel villaggio con alberi e case in modo eccellente risultato
solo un piccolo difetto qualche ritardo sul flusso video, ma veramente piccolo.
il piccolo ritardo rimane anche disabilitando la chache video.
È davvero un ritardo molto piccolo, quindi un buon test.

domani aggiorno il firmware dei droni alla versione più recente e faccio altri test.
Buona notte a tutti

Hi guys,
You shared with me the Russian version translated into English from the APP 3.1.11, so it's fair that I share my tests with you.

Test Configuration:
APP (Russian / translated 3.1.11)
FIRMWARE: 1.3.20
PHONE: Honor 8

Excellent flight, 1350 meters before losing the signal
flying in the village with trees and houses in excellent result
just a small defect some late on the video stream, but really small.
the small delay remains if video cache is disabled.
It's really a very small delay, so a good test.

tomorrow I update the dronware firmware to the latest version and I do other tests.
Good night at all
Its a magic, how good quality translation can the google translate do, if you want to translate from one Indo-European language to another.
I'm hungarian and our language isn't one of them... for us google translate is just the source of humor and fun - automatic translations are barely understandable. I'm saying it just because this topic is about languages :)

Thank you for sharing your experiences, especially because tomorrow here will be rain and snow, not flying :(

Reactions: D.C.
hy everybody , i am new in this forum i would like to give you congratulations for giving us so information

i am a littel lost i can,t fly only 500 mts of distance with iphone 6 and i am loking for a russian dgi go ipa and i didn,t find
do you know it exit'

Thanks in advance

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl