P3S, RC stuck on FW 1.7.90, CANNOT UPDATE, STUCK ON 1.7.90

Reaction score
Hi guys, I never once had a problem with my P3S up until its recent 1.9.20 update. I updated via wifi and everything seemed to check out ok. After updating I tried to do a flight but I could not get the AC to connect to the remote. Link indicator lights were both red on the AC and the RC. Tried re-binding multiple times but still nothing. I then checked the FW on the RC and it said 'Current Version 1.7.90 even just after updating to 1.9.20. I then tried updating again through the DJI Go app, the only version on the drop down list was 1.9.20, it seemed to download and install successfully but its still showing 1.7.90 as the current version. I still cannot get it to update or even detect the AC at all. I think I tried pretty much everything even multiple devices. Even tried downgrading the AC back down to 1.7.90 via SD card but still cannot get the RC to update or detect the AC. Is there any way to flash the firmware on the RC or even force it to update. Would there be certain contacts on its circuit board to flash it back to factory defaults? Any Suggestions.

try downloading 1920 and stick it on an sd card, in the drone, and reboot. Let it go through the process. But really, should stay on 1790 IMHO ;)

The most recent firmware version install results will be at the bottom of a log.txt file located on the SD card. I sure wish my P3S was stuck on 1.7.9 firmware.

Reactions: Firebird
I’m having the same problem with mine. The rc is stuck on 1.7.90 and the drone updated to 1.9.20

The most recent firmware version install results will be at the bottom of a log.txt file located on the SD card. I sure wish my P3S was stuck on 1.7.9 firmware.
It says it installed successfully but that’s just the drone itself. The remote is still on 1.7.9 and not linking to the drone.

try downloading 1920 and stick it on an sd card, in the drone, and reboot. Let it go through the process. But really, should stay on 1790 IMHO ;)
Yep. Tried it. The drone updated to 1920 but the rc is still not detecting the drone.

The remote will sync with the app but you can sync the rc and drone to the app at the same time. I’ve had it say ready to go a couple of times but then it switches to rc signal loss. Been thru the resyncing procedure several times but no luck. I really think it’s because the two are on different firmwares

delete the go app and re-install. This will bring back the update prompt. Make sure RC & AC are switched on and all connected, and the app of course. good luck.

@Apdcop514,
Do you ever get green status on remote and Phantom?

Rod

If you try a re-link, does the lights flash red, then time out, otherwise they stay solid red?

Rod

I found an old thread, probably won't help, but unless you get them linked, your dead.

I really don't know about different firmware's, I try to avoid them.

Newbie first crash

Rod

Yeah. There has to be a way to get that rc updated. When you first turn it on and open the app it turns green, then turns red

BTW, you don't need to have the app open to re-link or fly, but you do need green on both the Phantom and the Remote, and have you tried re-linking without the app?

Rod

Same here. Tried everything suggested along with multiple devices. Still not linking or updating.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic