[P3S] Live transmission lost

Reaction score
Hi, folks!
Today I wanted to take few shots in AEB 3, nearby. After I took few pictures, I got freezing image (a new frame after ~15-20 seconds).
I was lucky because I had the drone in my visual area and I could bring it back to home.

Flight log here.

When the video feed back freezes or you think you have lost control .... even if out of sight ... flick the left S2 switch on controller back and firth couple of times to initiate automatic RTH ... once AC gets into sight - as you had with your incident - revert to manual flight if you wish and land out.

Control is rarely lost when you lose display video feed ... if it was - then AC would initiate RTH itself automatically.

One reason for loss of video / photo feed can be due to your phone / tablet cache getting full.
Unless you change default - every flight video is recorded at low resolution and fills up your tablet etc. as well ...

Well worth doing a cache clean up at times ...I also check out the DJI Pilot directory's for unnecessary files.

Nigel

When the video feed back freezes or you think you have lost control .... even if out of sight ... flick the left S2 switch on controller back and firth couple of times to initiate automatic RTH ... once AC gets into sight - as you had with your incident - revert to manual flight if you wish and land out.
Thanks for this advice.

Control is rarely lost when you lose display video feed ... if it was - then AC would initiate RTH itself automatically.

One reason for loss of video / photo feed can be due to your phone / tablet cache getting full.
Unless you change default - every flight video is recorded at low resolution and fills up your tablet etc. as well ...

Well worth doing a cache clean up at times ...I also check out the DJI Pilot directory's for unnecessary files.

Nigel
I have 3.92 from 32 GB free space on the device on a Samsung S6 Edge+ running the 3.1.3 DJI GO app. The loss of video stream was persisted to landing and I consider this a strange and dangerous event.

Thank you for your response,
Silviu

@Silviu You again ;)

As @solentlife stated about cache.
I in the past have cleared, and turned off the local cache. I have a new mobile device ipad air 2 and just getting used to it and Litchi, so I haven't really been using DJI-GO with it. I don't recall if its on or off, probably on since I reinstalled Go last week for different issue.

Now after looking at the flight log, I don't think cache would have caused all those disconnects, unless your mobile device just couldn't keep up, but sometimes they have trouble reconnecting, but being so close to you toward the end and getting reconnecting messages, I'm not sure.

RTHs can cause crashes.
Here is some on RTH and loosing signals.

Lost signal (but not really)
Best Method to RTH?
Lesson learned from crash by RTH because flying with a low battery

Recent
Almost lost the drone ... compass error?

Rod

Added: Look here at mobile device fixes, there is some software for Androids to kill running apps.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

when you giys talk about clearing the cache, what exacty do you mean?

Just clear it from the iphones settings or in the app?

What I'm referring to is the DJI-App "General Settings" "Video Cache", "Cache during video shooting" (On-Off). Below that is "Clear Video Cache"

Rod

Reactions: Dazzauk
What I'm referring to is the DJI-App "General Settings" "Video Cache", "Cache during video shooting" (On-Off). Below that is "Clear Video Cache"

Rod

thanks didnt know about this,

what do you loose when you clear it?

thanks didnt know about this,

what do you loose when you clear it?
That's funny, I don't know?
Actually there was a post of a guy flying his Phantom under a bridge, over a huge water fall, he lifted up to soon hit the bottom of the bridge and went down in the waterfall the video he posted was off his mobile device.

Rod

I didn't even know your device held or could hold copy's of your video feed?
This would eliminate any need for a screen recorder.

Where do I find such option?

The low-res version of the videos, that were cached locally on your device if you had the option ON...

Just to clarify are we talking about copy's of the actual video feed? Or just the flight logs which show you flight path with a arrow on an overlay of Google Earth maps?

Correct, the video wouldn't have your screen information, anytime a new poster says there video quality is poor, a bunch of us jump in and ask if there pulling it off the SD card and not the mobile device. ;)

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl