P3S live camera feed but gimbal is dead

So,,,,, if it would happen to be one of the control boards would the that last motor from the drone like the pitch motor cause none of the motors to work?
or would it be like the first in line causing the rest not to work?
No If you replaced "all" the motors on the gimbal it will be limp. Motors are matched to boards. The drum from the motor has a field which is read from hall sensors next to coil and tells board what to do. If you replaced motors without changing to original drum the original board does not know which way to point the stepper motor.

Reactions: RodPad
So,,,,, if it would happen to be one of the control boards would the that last motor from the drone like the pitch motor cause none of the motors to work?
or would it be like the first in line causing the rest not to work?
The motors and boards can be purchased separately, even at different times. The speed chip (potentiometer) on the motor esc board comes unsoldered during crash, easier to replace than checking ohms and resoldering. It can effect any/all gimble motors attached.
Yes one gimble motor can effect another..or not. They’re just not getting any power.

The motors and boards can be purchased separately, even at different times. The speed chip (potentiometer) on the motor esc board comes unsoldered during crash, easier to replace than checking ohms and resoldering. It can effect any/all gimble motors attached.
Yes one gimble motor can effect another..or not. They’re just not getting any power.
Hum, your thought is the motors are not getting power?
I agree, meaning when they get powered up the gimbal motors should do something.
If the camera just stays limp there is no power.

Rod

Last edited:
Reactions: WannaBeDronePilot
Hum, your thought is the motors are not getting power?
I agree, meaning when it gets powered up the gimbal motors should do something.
If they camera just stays limp there is no power.

Rod
so would the problem be in the plug or wiring harness coming out of the body of the drone to the gimbal base?

Reactions: RodPad
so would the problem be in the plug or wiring harness coming out of the body of the drone to the gimbal base?
Hopefully somebody will help us out.

My mind says the gimbal base must have power, because the camera is getting powered up, as I recall the Gimbal Base is actually part of the signal that gets back to your mobile device. That diagram I shared is assume.
I only fought signal problems on my P3S, but many.

I call it the Gimbal Base, it makes it simpler to me.

Rod..

You say you replaced all (3) gimble motors, they attach to a small ESC board that supplies power and controls motor speeds (looks like an arched door). As another posted, the yaw motor (on top) is tuned to your drone so the outer drum must be reused on the replacement yaw motor, to aim correctly. Not necessary on the pitch, roll motors in my experience. There is a good video on YouTube explaining how this is done.
Some thing is out of sequence.
"You say you replaced all (3) gimble motor"

Is it me..
Rod

Some thing is out of sequence.
"You say you replaced all (3) gimble motor"

Is it me..
Rod
there's 2 on the gimbal arms and one at the camera, I replaced them,
I'm not sure if that is actually a motor that goes through the gimbal base or not but I did not replace it.

Hopefully somebody will help us out.

My mind says the gimbal base must have power, because the camera is getting powered up, as I recall the Gimbal Base is actually part of the signal that gets back to your mobile device. That diagram I shared is assume.
I only fought signal problems on my P3S, but many.

I call it the Gimbal Base, it makes it simpler to me.

Rod..
the ribbon cable supplies the power to the motors and camera correct?
i'm going to order an oem ribbon cable

Reactions: KachemakDiver

Let me think about your last two post, and look at some stuff again, I'm thinking from the past their was some good threads on this..

Rod

Last edited:
So far my day went goofy, I will work on those thoughts.
BTW I took a break from these forums for three years due to a conflict..
I was surprised I still had an account and my posts were also still here! I'm playing catch up. 👌

Anyways..
It is great to help others out!
The members are great!
If we help you figure it out that's my goal!

Rod..

Sorry man, my day got more goofy. I just took two pics from my PS3 (GB) Yes every thing below gets power on the rybbon cable.

Rod.

Here are the pics

IMG_2900.JPGIMG_2901.JPG

Rod..

BTW, you can do a continuity test on the ribbon wire.

Rod

Thanks!

Rod

Dude, I remember you!
OMG! You know the voltages, WOW!
I loved these forums! :)

What we get paid is kind of low, but helping others always makes you feel great, most the time you learn something. 👌

Thanks!

Rod...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor