P3P Went 4,035ft Far Today

Reaction score
Was at a previous location last week and started receiving "Weak RC" messages at 1,500ft out.

I went to a different location today and pushed it to 4,035ft and still had some distance to go.

I never received any weak signal messages and the App displayed full FPV and RC signals.

I will try in the same location for 5,280ft (1 mile) later today. My max height was 328ft but
spent most of the flight at ~200ft.

The extra batteries cannot get here soon enough!

Reactions: vinnnocc
Awesome. My best is 11,110ft away. From what I've seen, you need to be higher than 200ft to get that range. Here is my video if you want to check it out:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy flying!

How do people get these distances when the manual says the app limits to range to 1600 meters?

You can disable that.
I don't know how to disable it, in the app or otherwise, but I would LOVE to know. I have heard of some people pressing the RTH button and then "manually" flying above the maximum vertical height, but I have not tried that myself.

Any others out there with success on this?

I don't know how to disable it, in the app or otherwise, but I would LOVE to know. I have heard of some people pressing the RTH button and then "manually" flying above the maximum vertical height, but I have not tried that myself.

Look in the app and you will see a slider that says distance limit. Just turn it off.

In the app, tap Mode in the top line-- turn off maximum distance in the popup menu. Learn something every day about this app. :cool:

Sounds like you need some more flying time and time with the App before you try to fly against the 500 meter height limit.

The distance limit is in the App. Do what I did and read the manual, do many tame test flights.

With the P3 on a bench and props off go through the the App, every single setting and look it up in the manual and try to understand what each setting does.

In the app, tap Mode in the top line-- turn off maximum distance in the popup menu. Learn something every day about this app. :cool:

That's the distance range limit. It is nice to turn that off; however, is there a way to disable the vertical range?

Awesome. My best is 11,110ft away. From what I've seen, you need to be higher than 200ft to get that range. Here is my video if you want to check it out:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy flying!

Nice smooth video. Which video settings did you used? Because all my 4k videos are stuttering. Only 1080p 60fps ntsc gives me smooth video..

Reactions: 4NTHEFLOW
A
Thanks for your reply. I'm ordered a faster card yesterday, so I'm curious if that smooths my videos up :D...
I let you guys know..

Also, in camera menu, turn off FPV and set camera to "Follow." Huge help

A

Also, in camera menu, turn off FPV and set camera to "Follow." Huge help

Yes, great point. Another good note is that the back right programmable button changes from FPV to Follow by default. I changed mine to show the battery when I press C2. I found that I accidentally hit that button and I don't like the FPV mode. Follow is much more smooth.

Yes I have it already on Follow mode :)...
Which bitrates do you guys use when uploading to Vimeo or Youtube?

Thanks for your reply. I'm ordered a faster card yesterday, so I'm curious if that smooths my videos up :D...
I let you guys know..

You get your card in? That make a difference? I have other ideas if it didn't fix your problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31