10k feet club!

Reaction score
My RC has been upgraded to ITELITE. I used to get around 1k-2k range stock and then got around 5k range with my 3d printed parabolic range extender. My ITLITE is also about the same as the parabolic.

However, today I went up to the rooftop deck at work and went out to 10k feet! Signals were strong the entire way. The only hiccup was when I turned the bird around it gave me a weak video transmission error but that went away. The RC connection was fine the entire time.

I had around 50% of battery remaining when I got back so I could have pushed it a little more but didn't want to get caught in a bad headwind or something like that come back so I pulled back at 10k.

You are a lucky and a happy flier :)

Well done I have a new P3P (upgraded from standard) and am really impressed with its performance so far.

Awesome, 6.2 miles. ALT was what. Like to see the log.

I'm surprised you only got 1k-2k range stock. I was able to get over a mile with my stock standard out in the country without even a windsurfer.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: NormanNormal
10k is 6.2 miles...

Op state? Here in America 10k means 10 kilometers, which is 6.2 miles.

Op state? Here in America 10k means 10 kilometers, which is 6.2 miles.

Erm, read it again...

"However, today I went up to the rooftop deck at work and went out to 10k feet! Signals were strong the entire way. The only hiccup was when I turned the bird around it gave me a weak video transmission error but that went away. The RC connection was fine the entire time."

10k = 10 thousand in the rest of the world...

Reactions: Tony Cowan
Right... i always thought he meant 10K feet.

I'm surprised you only got 1k-2k range stock. I was able to get over a mile with my stock standard out in the country without even a windsurfer.

Well, to be fair, I mostly fly at this one park near my office. It has some baseball diamonds, etc. and a lot of trees.

With my non modded RC, I would get around 2000 ft before seeing some transmission errors. Once I got my 3d printed parabolic extender, I was able to get out to about 5000 ft or so before seeing errors. I have had the drone lose connection completely and go to RTH mode before 6000 ft.

Once I got my ITElite, it was actually the same as the distance with my parabolic extender. I would see errors at around 5000 ft.

Yesterday was the first time I went up to the roof of my office building (it's only a 2 story building but there are no other buildings or trees blocking me at that height) and that's when I hit 10k feet with no issues. Maybe next time I'll try for 15k feet? It is mostly over water so it's relatively safe I guess.

Hope this is with standard. Easily get 18k feet with pro.
Stock remote. No mod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl