P3P Lost Advice Please

To replace tenly his ac and not pinning on having no known cause as an excuse to shy away is indeed a good after sales gesture

My apologies for the delay for anyone still following, but just as with Tenly DJI really pulled through and impressed. They reviewed the flight logs from DJI GO and determined that whatever occurred it was not pilot error and agreed to replace the drone and battery regardless of the AC having not been recovered. They shipped a replacement from China 2nd day air international and it arrived in Florida 48 hours later. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with DJI customer service.

My original P3P was a W323A and the replacement is a W323B so interestingly enough I can also now make some comparative comments between revisions.

The replacement B series has the new shell with blue loctite on the 4 motor screws and 2 adjacent body screws.
I know a few people had mentioned that some of the original P3P's had issues with camera sharpness. The B series camera is noticeably more sharp with greater intermediate range detail than the original. The gimbal fan on the B series seems to be temperature controlled. It does not always run.

The B series with less RF transmit power from the bird has less range and is more prone to video disconnects than the A series. I say this based on hundreds of flights with the 323A in identical areas and conditions. In fact, it was quite common to loose RC contact before video on the A series whereas now it is the opposite and I can actually use the RC in the blind to yaw back towards myself and regain video signal.

Battery and flight performance is pretty much on par, the B seems to be a smoother flier but it's not significant. The range loss is absolutely real though and is the biggest discrepancy between the two.

Last edited:
Reactions: phantomi and Tenly
My apologies for the delay for anyone still following, but just as with Tenly DJI really pulled through and impressed. They reviewed the flight logs from DJI GO and determined that whatever occurred it was not pilot error and agreed to replace the drone and battery regardless of the AC having not been recovered. They shipped a replacement from China 2nd day air international and it arrived in Florida 48 hours later. Needless to say, I am extremely pleased with DJI customer service.

My original P3P was a W323A and the replacement is a W323B so interestingly enough I can also now make some comparative comments between revisions.

The replacement B series has the new shell with blue loctite on the 4 motor screws and 2 adjacent body screws.
I know a few people had mentioned that some of the original P3P's had issues with camera sharpness. The B series camera is noticeably more sharp with greater intermediate range detail than the original. The gimbal fan on the B series seems to be temperature controlled. It does not always run.

The B series with less RF transmit power from the bird has less range and is more prone to video disconnects than the A series. I say this based on hundreds of flights with the 323A in identical areas and conditions. In fact, it was quite common to loose RC contact before video on the A series whereas now it is the opposite and I can actually use the RC in the blind to yaw back towards myself and regain video signal.

Battery and flight performance is pretty much on par, the B seems to be a smoother flier but it's not significant. The range loss is absolutely real though and is the biggest discrepancy between the two.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That's awesome!!! I wonder why it took them so much longer to process your claim than it did for mine - especially since yours was entered about 12 hours before mine was...

How can they reduce the power output without updating their literature which claims "up to" 5km/3 miles...? Is that kind of range still possible with the lowered transmit power?

Do you have any reason to suspect that your replacement is a refurbished unit rather than a brand new one? Mine sure looks new, but the stickers that are normally on the motors, were in the bag with the propellers. I don't think that's conclusive about anything - the way my Phantom was packed made it impossible to attach the motor stickers. I only ask because someone in another thread claimed that the Phantoms that DJI uses for warranty claims are refurbished units.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466619979.340687.jpg

The only thing odd about my unit that I noticed was that the battery has both Chinese and English writing on it. My other 3 batteries are English only.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466621518.625195.jpg

I bought a replacement P3P while waiting for DJI to process my claim and I just checked it. It's a W323A and like you, the one I received from DJI was a W323B. Both of the RC's that I own are GL300B. Is there a list of differences between the 2 hardware revisions anywhere?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That's awesome!!! I wonder why it took them so much longer to process your claim than it did for mine - especially since yours was entered about 12 hours before mine was...

How can they reduce the power output without updating their literature which claims "up to" 5km/3 miles...? Is that kind of range still possible with the lowered transmit power?

Do you have any reason to suspect that your replacement is a refurbished unit rather than a brand new one? Mine sure looks new, but the stickers that are normally on the motors, were in the bag with the propellers. I don't think that's conclusive about anything - the way my Phantom was packed made it impossible to attach the motor stickers. I only ask because someone in another thread claimed that the Phantoms that DJI uses for warranty claims are refurbished units.
View attachment 57863

The only thing odd about my unit that I noticed was that the battery has both Chinese and English writing on it. My other 3 batteries are English only.
View attachment 57869

I bought a replacement P3P while waiting for DJI to process my claim and I just checked it. It's a W323A and like you, the one I received from DJI was a W323B. Both of the RC's that I own are GL300B. Is there a list of differences between the 2 hardware revisions anywhere?
You guys just gave me some hope. I had a situation like yours where I'm just flying a bam my drone is spinning out of Control. Still can't find it but hopefully dji will help me out and replace it.
here is the video from the cache I have uploaded the log to a thread I created the other day. How long did it take for you guys to get a final verdict?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You guys just gave me some hope. I had a situation like yours where I'm just flying a bam my drone is spinning out of Control. Still can't find it but hopefully dji will help me out and replace it.
here is the video from the cache I have uploaded the log to a thread I created the other day. How long did it take for you guys to get a final verdict?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

****. Sorry to hear about your accident.
I'm going to have a look for your other thread.

My problem was resolved in 2 weeks - but I phoned them a few times during that period and it seemed like each phone call was the catalyst for moving to the next step....

For example, I opened the ticket from their website and got the automated reply that it had been received. I also verified online that a ticket had been created. I waited 3 days. Nobody got in touch with me. Nobody updated the ticket and so I phoned in. While I was on the phone with the support rep, he sent me a questionnaire to complete and some instructions. I filled it out and submitted it in less than 2 hours and then waited again. The next day I emailed asking what the next steps were. 5 or 6 days went by with no reply and no updates so I phoned again just to ask if they needed anything else to me and to confirm that the questionnaire had been received and sent to the correct group. The next day, I had an e-mail stating that they were going to replace it and they would send me a coupon code to use in the online store "as soon as it was ready". 3 days, no coupon. Phone again. 3 hours later, the coupon code was in my inbox!

Good luck with your ticket! Have you gone looking for your drone starting with the last GPS co-ordinate it reported?

****. Sorry to hear about your accident.
I'm going to have a look for your other thread.

My problem was resolved in 2 weeks - but I phoned them a few times during that period and it seemed like each phone call was the catalyst for moving to the next step....

For example, I opened the ticket from their website and got the automated reply that it had been received. I also verified online that a ticket had been created. I waited 3 days. Nobody got in touch with me. Nobody updated the ticket and so I phoned in. While I was on the phone with the support rep, he sent me a questionnaire to complete and some instructions. I filled it out and submitted it in less than 2 hours and then waited again. The next day I emailed asking what the next steps were. 5 or 6 days went by with no reply and no updates so I phoned again just to ask if they needed anything else to me and to confirm that the questionnaire had been received and sent to the correct group. The next day, I had an e-mail stating that they were going to replace it and they would send me a coupon code to use in the online store "as soon as it was ready". 3 days, no coupon. Phone again. 3 hours later, the coupon code was in my inbox!

Good luck with your ticket! Have you gone looking for your drone starting with the last GPS co-ordinate it reported?
I have looked for it. How can I see the GPS coordinates from the log?

I'm going back tomorrow to search with the new Drone I purchased to see if its in the trees. I have done a bunch of ground searches but no luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20