P3P gimbal - slowly tiling left & right

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I'm new to this forum, but I do have about 1.5 years of experience with this model ( probably around 40-50 hours of flight without a single major issue).

My first problems with my P3P started last June when I had to change the gimbal (it had vibration issues, but I needed it fast, so I bought a new one gimbal and camera).

Now the new gimbal has again issue, it slowly tilts from left to right in flight, as if you would be on boat out on the sea and there are small waves ( video sample:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
pass: "problem" - last part is when I tried to calibrate it in flight)

I've tried to calibrate, reset, restart, installed the latest firmware but the issue is still present.

Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it ?

ps. the new gimbal is just passed warranty (6 months). Since I live in the EU, consumer laws strictly enforce a 2 year minimum warranty on any good sold to a private person (electronics especially). Does anyone know if DJI giving 6 months of warranty on his product is abusive or not based on this ?

Thanks a lot ! :)

Wow, good law.
Might be hard to enforce over international borders but if a repair center or distribution center is there, then it could be enforced

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, actually the drone was bought within the EU, same is true to the new Ghimbal, DJI is legally importing products to the EU, so these rules should apply (already mailed my national consumer protection agency to get this clarified)

Btw, this is the link: Guarantees: repairs, replacements, refunds

However, anyone any ideas about this issue or what is causing it ?

Thanks

Hello friends,

I'm new to this forum, but I do have about 1.5 years of experience with this model ( probably around 40-50 hours of flight without a single major issue).

My first problems with my P3P started last June when I had to change the gimbal (it had vibration issues, but I needed it fast, so I bought a new one gimbal and camera).

Now the new gimbal has again issue, it slowly tilts from left to right in flight, as if you would be on boat out on the sea and there are small waves ( video sample:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
pass: "problem" - last part is when I tried to calibrate it in flight)

I've tried to calibrate, reset, restart, installed the latest firmware but the issue is still present.

Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it ?

ps. the new gimbal is just passed warranty (6 months). Since I live in the EU, consumer laws strictly enforce a 2 year minimum warranty on any good sold to a private person (electronics especially). Does anyone know if DJI giving 6 months of warranty on his product is abusive or not based on this ?

Thanks a lot ! :)
There is a small grub screw that holds the camera to a flat on the pivot shaft if this has come loose it will cause this problem

Hello @Drone Derro and thanks for writing.

Could you please explain to me which screw and where should I fix ? (please see image)
IMG_1030.jpg

Sorry Kalmargyula I missread your problem. my camera was panning left to right enough to get the landing leg in the pic but not tilting
D D

My P3 and many others as well have trouble maintaining a level horizon consistently. Gimbal roll often over-corrects to a new vertical during cross winds. Mine eventually restores an accurate vertical on its own during the flight.
I now just make it level in post if it's noticeable.
Do let us know if you find a fix.

I looked at my videos I took on Christmas. Horizon was tilted a lot more than it is now so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Reactions: Dounin Front

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31