P3A Gimbal Won't Initilize

Reaction score
I have done a lot of successful flights, but today when I tried to power on, my gimbal would not stabilize. It appears it can't assume the horizontal position. It tries to initialize on a 45 degree angle, like something is broken.

I don't know how anything broke as it flew successfully yesterday. Because it won't stop trying to initialize, it can't be calibrated, nor can I do IMU recalibration.

Anyone else had these problems? Must I replace the whole unit, or is there a fix? Any help appreciated.

I have done a lot of successful flights, but today when I tried to power on, my gimbal would not stabilize. It appears it can't assume the horizontal position. It tries to initialize on a 45 degree angle, like something is broken.

I don't know how anything broke as it flew successfully yesterday. Because it won't stop trying to initialize, it can't be calibrated, nor can I do IMU recalibration.

Anyone else had these problems? Must I replace the whole unit, or is there a fix? Any help appreciated.
If you cant do an IMU and gimbal calibration, there is definitely an issue.

Give us some details. What firmware are you running? What phone or tablet device? Do you have any previous experience prior to the P3?

Newest firmware, and it doesn't matter if the controller is on, it just won't initialize the gimbal.
Here's what happens when I activate the battery...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Broken%20Gimbal_zpsjjzuzxo3.jpg
Has it crashed? It looks like the bracket that holds the gimbal to the bird, on the upper left, is broke.

Last edited:
A long time ago... Maybe second flight. I'll check that out this morning,Igbo be a something from transit. I never would have noticed that. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31