P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Disappointing: Today I was only able to fly 30m high en 50 away..... Anyone Any idea what could be wrong? Nothing's changed. I have not updated the app and I still see 11 channels in 2.4 G. It does switch back to 5G all the time. Not sure if that's the problem?

Look forward to hearing from you.

3.1.34 patched version tested. I went over 3000m meters! I had an annoying sidewind, and the bird struggled with it. Maybe, if I would have climbed a little higher, 4000m could have been broken but I was afraid that Bird runs out of battery when cruising home in that wind. But I'm satisfied for this!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Disappointing: Today I was only able to fly 30m high en 50 away..... Anyone Any idea what could be wrong? Nothing's changed. I have not updated the app and I still see 11 channels in 2.4 G. It does switch back to 5G all the time. Not sure if that's the problem?

Look forward to hearing from you.
Do not be disappointed. This is part of the party around a DJI drone. Follow the following steps:
- check whether your DJI GO app is in beginner mode. When you are in beginner mode you have this flight restriction. Switch off the beginner's mode and restart everything.
- if you are not in the beginner's mode then I advise you to log out at DJI, restart everything and log in again.

Thanks again! It suddenly flies 2km again.

But thanks so much for the tips.

I could always try the 3.1.34 if another problem appears.

Hello guys !

First of all : thank you very much for your help !
I've (stupidly) updated the firmware of my aircraft (v1.03.0020 --> v1.05.0040) and installed the latest release of DJi Go (v3.1.42).
So, of course, after the update, I lost the possibility to switch on the 2,4GHz... and passed my drone from FCC to EU (or CE) mode !
My first (and last) flight in this configuration was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL : I lost connection (return to home...) at approx 315m away... :s

So I’ve searched on the Internet and fell on this topic ! And thanks to you, I was able to put back my 3SE in FCC mode again !

Since this, I have been able to test the v3.1.8, the v3.1.18 and the patched v3.1.34 DJi Go application versions.
But all of them has problems (some minor, some major).

v3.1.8 : many video drops/glitches. “Follow me” mode doesn't work. Unstable (crashed 2 or 3 times during its use).
v3.1.18 : so far, the best and most stable version, but with some video drops/glitches. Application is in a strange "forced landscape mode” (even in the home page... what is really not nice and not ergonomic !).
v3.1.34 : stable and less video drops/glitches than other releases, but with ANNOYING popups ! (sometimes, I had 5 popups in less than 3 minutes !) : I cannot use it... It's beyond my acceptance capacity...

So I’ve decided to let the v3.1.18 on my MiMax2 :)

But I have a last question for you, guys :
Actually, in v3.1.18, in the REMOTE CONTROL SETTINGS section of DJi Go, I can choose between 2,4GHz (11 channels (=FCC mode) instead of 13 channel (=EU mode). Thanks to you, once again ! ;-) ) and 5GHz (by default, it's set on 5GHz band).
If I well understood, this setting represent the wifi band on which the drone and the remote are connected.
If you choose here (in the application) the 5GHz band, the wifi between your remote and your phone will switch onto 2,4GHz.
If you choose here (in the application) the 2,4GHz band, the wifi between your remote and your phone will switch onto 5GHz. This is (from what I’ve read) the best solution to have the best range with your aircraft, isn’t it ?!
Am I right ?!

Unfortunately, since I did the firmware update, I cannot change successfully to 2,4GHz anymore. If I choose this option in DJi Go (2,4GHz), it says me that it will restart the wifi, and that I have to wait for the auto-reconnection…
But it doesn’t work ! I see nowhere my “Phantom3SE WiFi”. Of course, I check on my MiMax 2, on the 2,4GHz and 5GHz bands. But it seems that my “Phantom 3SE WiFi” just disappears…
I have to “reboot” my remote to see the WiFi again, but of course, it’s back to the 2,4GHz band (unfortunately) !

I think that it’s a consequence of the last firmware update… :s
Do you think that if I switch back to the v1.03.0020 (now that I am in FCC mode), I could switch to 2,4GHz band again ?

Thanks for your precious help, and for your answers ;)

Bye,
Jojo

3.1.34 patched version tested. I went over 3000m meters! I had an annoying sidewind, and the bird struggled with it. Maybe, if I would have climbed a little higher, 4000m could have been broken but I was afraid that Bird runs out of battery when cruising home in that wind. But I'm satisfied for this!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi vhanhisuanto,

Do you think that Go 3.1.34 is better than 3.1.18 in any point of view?
Why it's worth it to tolerate this annoying popups?

No the original firmware but the Russian one with the t, if you read well there is a t at the beginning

Hello, I have the Phantom 3 SE and a Huawei P8 Lite. I have read quite a lot here now. Unfortunately, I still do not know how best to switch to FCC. I have tried the DJI MOD 3.1.11 or the 3.1 .34 # 333.The installation is always aborted. Which way is the best to switch to FCC? Please help

Hello Phantom Pilots!

Since flying with the 3.1.18 app all went well and fantastic! Now I haven't flown for a few months due to cold and windy weather but last week I wanted to start flying again and found out I had a blank map. Tried everything, even reset my tablet and reinstalled the app. Still the same problem. Then I decided to install the 3.1.34, and that all went well, but now I have a black map.... Switched from my own wifi to the Phantom wifi several times but no changes....

Does anyone know what I can do about this? Can't fly without the maps....

Have a nice day! Best wishes,
Natasja

Hello Phantom Pilots!

Since flying with the 3.1.18 app all went well and fantastic! Now I haven't flown for a few months due to cold and windy weather but last week I wanted to start flying again and found out I had a blank map. Tried everything, even reset my tablet and reinstalled the app. Still the same problem. Then I decided to install the 3.1.34, and that all went well, but now I have a black map.... Switched from my own wifi to the Phantom wifi several times but no changes....

Does anyone know what I can do about this? Can't fly without the maps....

Have a nice day! Best wishes,
Natasja

WITH 3.1.18 CAN YOU SEE THE MAP??for me it's everything in chinese with no city or roads name...

Anyone?

I have watched several youtube films but there was no solution to solve this problem.

In both apps the menu has no "cache maps in the background" so how will I get the maps?

I suppose I should not update the app, should I? Then probably the drone will only fly a few hundred meters...

So does anyone know how to get the maps in 3.1.34? Thanks in advance!

Natasja

I have the latest DJI Go version, downloaded from DJI December 2019. Just as long as I have Fake GPS always running in the background, my P3SE always switches to FCC mode (11 Channels, rather than 13) I then switch to the higher power 5.8Ghz. No other software changes have been made. I'm located in New Zealand.
PS: First of all I boot up Fake GPS, then screen the GPS antenna (pot lid) then switch on RC then AC then run DGI Go and wait for WiFi to connect. As soon as it switches to FCC (11 Channels) I remove pot lid, then switch to 5.8 Ghz. I keep Fake GPS running in the background throughout the whole flight too. Kia ora mate ! FCC in New Zealand bro !

Edit: I've got tired of having to screen the GPS antenna each time, so I've gone the DJI Go V3.1.8 method. That way I don't have to carry a **** pot lid with me everywhere.
PS: Why has the word 'd.a.m.n' been banned in the line above ? I don't get it. It's in the Oxford English dictionary as ' A mild exclamation of annoyance, deriving ultimately from the Latin damnum , ‘loss’, ‘injury '.

Profanity Test: homo, ****, ****, paedophile, **** sucker, muff, snatch, prick, arsehole, shirt lifter, piece of arse.
So, some disgusting words you will allow, but other regular words you won't.
Must be some weird European cultural thing that I'm unaware of. Cheers from downunder.

Last edited:
Anyone?

I have watched several youtube films but there was no solution to solve this problem.

In both apps the menu has no "cache maps in the background" so how will I get the maps?

I suppose I should not update the app, should I? Then probably the drone will only fly a few hundred meters...

So does anyone know how to get the maps in 3.1.34? Thanks in advance!

Natasja
I'll answer this for someone who may still be looking for a solution:
Just switch on your internet wifi and also make sure 'Location' is turned on under your tablet or phone's 'Settings'
Maps will be refreshed and eventually appear again in DJI Go V3.18.

i think this is an old post, but nice to discuss since im owned P3 SE/ P3 4K. im just confused why Dji limit fly range on just 500m in CE mode, but in P3 A / Pro they can gain 4000km in CE mode too? i think with limit from Wifi signal, it is not necessary to limit P3 SE fly over than 500 m (1000m - 2000m ist just enough), this is not fair to me, any opinion?

Hi Everyone, I would like to know if the 3.1.18 app works with all versions of Android. It works fine with 6.0 and 8.0.

I am going to buy a new Tablet and most of them work with Android 10. Does the app work with such a new Android version?

Would really like to know. Thanks!

Natasja

Hey guys, I'm in canada so the last time my P3SE flew it was in FCC.....ruined my remote, so I purchased a replacement GL358WD off ebay and I can't get it to bind with the RC. Firmware on the drone is 1.03.20

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic