P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was able to connect to both RC and AC twice with OTG.
I tried as well, but was not possible to build up the connection through OTP cable.
May be you left your wifi switched on, and your connection was through wifi, it is not possible?

Reactions: vhanhisuanto
Well, actually there is. In Technical data you can find specification for both FCC and CE region, depending where you are.

Completely different thing is how they manage it. It wouldn't be so difficult to add one more setting regarding transmitting power (as they did for channel change). So it would be up to us how we want to fly and whether to comply regulations or not. To be honest, I would give few power options so people can choose depending on what they want to do. That because higher power output means more battery consumption, and for some flights in closer area you don't need full power to have decent video feed.

I would compare it to car industry. Every freaking car can run at least 140 km/h, but almost nowhere that speed is allowed. But no one even think about reducing max.speed. Again, it is up to us are we gonna put everyone in danger or are we gonna comply. Simple as that.
that's exactly what I say they let us decide if we want to break the rules or not. for cars they easily climb to 230 km / h but I said that on German highways for example you can ride at these speeds if you want and if the car allows it. I did not imagine going to 4km as it is indicated on all advertising but at least 1500 meters with my drone and not limited to not even 200 meters since for now I have always lost the connection to about 200 or 250 meters, it is shameful for a drone supposed to go to 4km. we are allowed freedom we are in a democracy. if we do not respect the regulations it is our responsibility! so we are given this freedom to choose !!! Has anyone found a reliable and at risk system to finally switch to fcc ???

that's exactly what I say they let us decide if we want to break the rules or not. for cars they easily climb to 230 km / h but I said that on German highways for example you can ride at these speeds if you want and if the car allows it.

I'm in the car business, and I think every car sold today is capable to at least 160kmh. I can't even imagine the shitstorm coming from customers, if our cars sold in Finland would be limited to 120kmh simply because you're not allowed to go any faster anywhere in Finland. Let alone, that if the steering, braking and visibility would start to deteriorate after 80kmh...which is IMHO the situation now with P3SE.
Or worse, have these regulations be based on GPS cordinates, and start to limit after 60kmh when there's no 120kmh freeways nearby.

This total lack of communication on DJI's side is also reminding somewhat of similar to old Soviet's way of public announcement. Some movie had a great term for press, "mushroom treatment" or something. Meaning "keep them in the dark and feed 'em ****."

Reactions: Psycho Andy
I think the solution is describen in this topic already. I'm just upset that I wasn't able to do outdoor tests because of hard wind today.
I hope tomorrow a can give my answers for the following questions:

1) Is any connection betwheen switching to FCC with fake GPS and the 50 meter limitation?
2) If datanetwork is disabled can be triggered the wifi mode switch back to CE mode ?
3) What are the real factors of wifi signal level switch? Correlation with Datanetwork, Drone GPS signal, Fake GPS status?

I hope tomorrow I can report my first thousand meter fly as well :)

I'm in the car business, and I think every car sold today is capable to at least 160kmh. I can't even imagine the shitstorm coming from customers, if our cars sold in Finland would be limited to 120kmh simply because you're not allowed to go any faster anywhere in Finland. Let alone, that if the steering, braking and visibility would start to deteriorate after 80kmh...which is IMHO the situation now with P3SE.
Or worse, have these regulations be based on GPS cordinates, and start to limit after 60kmh when there's no 120kmh freeways nearby.

This total lack of communication on DJI's side is also reminding somewhat of similar to old Soviet's way of public announcement. Some movie had a great term for press, "mushroom treatment" or something. Meaning "keep them in the dark and feed 'em ****."

Oh my God, here in Croatia is freezing at the moment, can imagine how is in Finland right now. How can you fly while so cold outside and few hours of daylight?

Nevertheless, hope to go outside tomorrow to do some tests as well.

Wish you all luck and joy flying tomorrow guys!

Im thinking buying this drone, if i dont update the drone and get an old app do dji go, i will get more distante and get rid of this problem in the last update?

Im thinking buying this drone, if i dont update the drone and get an old app do dji go, i will get more distante and get rid of this problem in the last update?
I'm not entirely sure but I'm quite certain that mine came out of the box with 1.5.40 (latest firmware). I never manually updated and I don't remember ever being prompted to update the drone.

I'm not entirely sure but I'm quite certain that mine came out of the box with 1.5.40 (latest firmware). I never manually updated and I don't remember ever being prompted to update the drone.

So if you be carefully and never do the update firmware you will bypass the problem?

So if you be carefully and never do the update firmware you will bypass the problem?
The point was that I never updated my drone as far as I can tell. I'm running the latest version (which is the one causing range limits) out of the box.
I never had the chance to fly in FCC mode with my model.

The point was that I never updated my drone as far as I can tell. I'm running the latest version (which is the one causing range limits) out of the box.
I never had the chance to fly in FCC mode with my model.
Oh ok. The Place i want to buy the drone it says have the FCC so i Will be very carefully for not update anything.

Oh ok. The Place i want to buy the drone it says have the FCC so i Will be very carefully for not update anything.

It's only one model. There are no FCC or CE versions. The mode is automatically adjusted based on your GPS location.

DJI limits the power of the radio (wifi) transmission in order to comply with European regulations under CE mode. It's not a range/distance limit.

There were people which had the chance to fly in Europe with full wifi power (under FCC mode) most likely due to a bug in firmware. As far as I know, we are not sure how to reproduce that bug.

Once they updated the firmware, their wifi settings were updated to the CE mode.

What I was trying to point out is that my drone came with the latest firmware, I was always stuck in CE mode and I never had the chance to update anything.

It's only one model. There are no FCC or CE versions. The mode is automatically adjusted based on your GPS location.

DJI limits the power of the radio (wifi) transmission in order to comply with European regulations under CE mode. It's not a range/distance limit.

There were people which had the chance to fly in Europe with full wifi power (under FCC mode) most likely due to a bug in firmware. As far as I know, we are not sure how to reproduce that bug.

Once they updated the firmware, their wifi settings were updated to the CE mode.

What I was trying to point out is that my drone came with the latest firmware, I was always stuck in CE mode and I never had the chance to update anything.

Drones | Worten.pt

Is in portuguese but check the spcs it says FCC only

"FCC Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km )

Wish you all luck and joy flying tomorrow guys!
I have done my testings, and doesn't have too much good news for you guys.

Test circumstances:
  • app version 3.1.18
  • Fw version: 1.3.20+
  • Fake GPS was on with an FCC location
  • Data communication was disabled
  • No wifi signal in the area
  • I used aluminium plate to hide gps from aircraft during the initial connection betwheen app and bird

What is new, and good, that 50 meter limitation is nothing to do with fake gps.

It seems to me it is an undocumented feature, if at the start the drone detect low battery temperature it activates a safety mode with 30 meter maximum hight and 50 meter maximum distance limitation. (Not a beginner mode, it's different one) After one minute flight, landig and quick restart of the bird the limitation can deactivated.

During the test I had many radio signal mode switches, too many, I could never be sure which mode I have currently. Possible reasons:
1) Can be my aluminium plate wasen't big enough, and the drone had same location information during the syncronisation with the App
2) fake GPS gives only location information, but makes no satellite emulation. DJI go doesn't trust it, it says, that I have pure quality GPS on phone
3) although I disabled mobile data, but doesn't disabled the sim card, so the App was able to get mobile cell information, which is suitable source for location determination.

As final result despite many try I wasn't able to fly with FCC regulation. At every try the signal was lost at 400-500 meter which is a typical CE behavior of P3SE.

During the test I tried to delete DJI Go, all related subfolders, and reinstall the old App. But after the start of App I have to login to DJI, so it is impossible to use the App whiteout enabling internet communication for a short time. After reinstall the situation is not changed, connection always switches back to CE before I can fly away.

I haven't enough experience jet to say, which circumstances can I switch to FCC, and which circumstances switches it back to CE

Last edited:
I believe on you. So dont buy the drone is only 100 200 meters for range, my conclusion.... :(
It is a nice drone. Some users have problems, but fortunately not all users have problems. It depends on which tablet or phone you use and where do you fly (Europe or USA). If you have an iPhone or an iPad, the drone works everywhere well.

Can your phone use the 5 ghz band in Wifi then I expect no significant problems. Realize that it is not a big problem for DJI; otherwise they would have offered a solution for a long time.

It is a nice drone. Some users have problems, but fortunately not all users have problems. It depends on which tablet or phone you use and where do you fly (Europe or USA). If you have an iPhone or an iPad, the drone works everywhere well.

Can your phone use the 5 ghz band in Wifi then I expect no significant problems. Realize that it is not a big problem for DJI; otherwise they would have offered a solution for a long time.

I have a ipad 2 air wifi only just hope i get more then 100 meters of range...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga