P3 SE - solution to switching between FCC and CE mode, I used both, and it works for sure!

Was this helpful?

• Yesss!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No, useless...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi, VonMacher,

I tried the first video, to stop the firmware upgrade message, but wasn't successfull.
What I have done:
1) downgraded to firmware 1.03.0020
2) followed the steps on video, and put the old bin file into DJI/dji.pilot/Upgrade/DLPackage folder and renamed it to the name of newest version,(P3SE_FW_V01.05.0040.bin)
3) started DJI GO app, and allowed him to make upgrade

As result I get error message: "Update error; This is the latest version; Upgrade failed."
After that the app requested me to restart AC and RC, after restart I get back again the message that upgrade is required...

of course I see in status that I'm on version 1.3.20+

I used the newest App version, may be with any older it works better

Nope, I have 3.1.18 and it still say I have to upgrade firmware, but I just ignore it!

The most annoying thing instead is that the app, somehow acknoledge position and when it does fake gps can do nothing, I'm trying to figure out HOW it learn position, maybe from drone gps, in that case there's nothing we can do but can't understand why it did not happen before!

U
Nope, I have 3.1.18 and it still say I have to upgrade firmware, but I just ignore it!

The most annoying thing instead is that the app, somehow acknoledge position and when it does fake gps can do nothing, I'm trying to figure out HOW it learn position, maybe from drone gps, in that case there's nothing we can do but can't understand why it did not happen before!
You are experiencing, that it switches back to CE mode even if fake GPS is on? I made testing only indoor, but I found that it switches back to CE only if I switch of fake GPS. It stay in FCC mode even if drone has already real GPS position

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Andy
Ok, IP address don't seem to be important: the app see the right address via internet connection only if your mobile catch a wifi when turning off the remote, just checked this.
Now what I need to see is if it's the same when drone has gps signal.

it seems like that: when drone got back signal app start to see again correct position... is this procedure still working for someone?

Update: just tryed cleaning up all the dji go folders where could be any log file or map, now it seems to stay in fcc (11 channels on 2.4 ghz) even when gps is available on drone, yet I can't shut down fake gps without getting the warning about wifi changing :/

Last edited:
it seems like that: when drone got back signal app start to see again correct position... is this procedure still working for someone?

Update: just tryed cleaning up all the dji go folders where could be any log file or map, now it seems to stay in fcc (11 channels on 2.4 ghz) even when gps is available on drone, yet I can't shut down fake gps without getting the warning about wifi changing :/
The question is, are you staying in the FCC mode after the signal is low and the aircraft disconnects? For me everything is okay until I fly away and the plane disconnects... It gives me the switching window immediately...

To be honest, I done have passion to fly since this firmware issue, since dji corrected the bug, and it forces us to use in CE mode... I even already uploaded it to ebay...

The question is, are you staying in the FCC mode after the signal is low and the aircraft disconnects? For me everything is okay until I fly away and the plane disconnects... It gives me the switching window immediately...

To be honest, I done have passion to fly since this firmware issue, since dji corrected the bug, and it forces us to use in CE mode... I even already uploaded it to ebay...
Hi Akos!
Do you switch of fake GPS before you fly?
I think it's no reason to do that. You can force, that RTH point will record based on drone position, so you can stay in the USA :)

Can someone try with litchi over iOS? If there is no "wlan switching window" as i expect, then, all we need is to mod the dji go app and once we are in fcc mode using the fake gps we would not get switched to ce anymore and no need to continue using fake location if we keep away from updating the app... Makes sense?

Reactions: PhantomFlyer3SE
Can someone try with litchi over iOS? If there is no "wlan switching window" as i expect, then, all we need is to mod the dji go app and once we are in fcc mode using the fake gps we would not get switched to ce anymore and no need to continue using fake location if we keep away from updating the app... Makes sense?
Good point.

On this forum we know chatikib, who flyes in Europe with litchi in FCC mode without problems...

Couldn't find that Litchi supports P3SE... due to DJI not releasing SDK for P3SE yet.

Couldn't find that Litchi supports P3SE... due to DJI not releasing SDK for P3SE yet.

Some users confirmed litchi to be working with P3SE on IOS without problems.

By the way i have laying around an old iPad, i am not sure if is enough powerful already for this task but i think I will give it a try and let you know.

After going back to FCC I checked the following scenarios:

1- Keep GPS FAKE ACTIVE: in this case I stay in fcc with no switching window but I find my drone limited to 50 meters distance, 30 meters height with no way to change this.

2- EXIT gps fake and DENY ACCESS TO GPS to dji go: as soon as drone catches satellites soon the switching window appear, no way to do anything else

It seems that mobile datas is irrelevant, what the app consider is mobile gps and drone gps, what I can't understand is why it did not do that before, might be a bug in controller's firmware, and that would explain why android can no longer switch to 2.4 ghz.
Does anybody know if there's a way to downgrade remote's firmware?

WHAT IS IMPORTANT is that it's all in the app: it's the app that gives the "flag" to show the wifi switching window.
If someonw is able to modifie the app as it have been done to the 4 versione it would sure solve the problem!

ANDROID VS IOS:
I see in italian fb groups that the fcc "trick" works on IOS devices, even if they don't need to do all this to go back to FCC becaus they STILL CAN USE 2.4ghz, wich still grant 1000 meters of range.

After going back to FCC I checked the following scenarios:

1- Keep GPS FAKE ACTIVE: in this case I stay in fcc with no switching window but I find my drone limited to 50 meters distance, 30 meters height with no way to change this.

2- EXIT gps fake and DENY ACCESS TO GPS to dji go: as soon as drone catches satellites soon the switching window appear, no way to do anything else

It seems that mobile datas is irrelevant, what the app consider is mobile gps and drone gps, what I can't understand is why it did not do that before, might be a bug in controller's firmware, and that would explain why android can no longer switch to 2.4 ghz.
Does anybody know if there's a way to downgrade remote's firmware?

WHAT IS IMPORTANT is that it's all in the app: it's the app that gives the "flag" to show the wifi switching window.
If someonw is able to modifie the app as it have been done to the 4 versione it would sure solve the problem!

ANDROID VS IOS:
I see in italian fb groups that the fcc "trick" works on IOS devices, even if they don't need to do all this to go back to FCC becaus they STILL CAN USE 2.4ghz, wich still grant 1000 meters of range.
That is this ios hack exactly?

Good point.

On this forum we know chatikib, who flyes in Europe with litchi in FCC mode without problems...
That is correct. I fly with FCC mode and use DJI Go (the newest version) and Litchi. Both apps are working perfect and stable. The only (real only) small point is that Litchi doesn't recognize the firmware. When I look in the Litchi app then the field 'firmware version' is empty. I use the iOS version 10. A distance (in open field) from more than 1000 meters isn't a problem.

I don't trust the update from DJI but also not from Apple (so ignore version update to 11).

Did you actually fly, or just a room test?

That is this ios hack exactly?

I t seems IOS have no problems switching to 2.4 Ghz, and that granted higher distances, 1500 meters are reachable even if in CE mode!
I'm not even sure I had mine in FCC, I mean I assumed I was in FCC because of the wifi switching window after firmware upgrade, it may well have always been in ce mode, but when I got it I just used the 2.4 ghz, indeed it was the dafault!
And I naver had problems reching 1000 meters.

I t seems IOS have no problems switching to 2.4 Ghz, and that granted higher distances, 1500 meters are reachable even if in CE mode!
I'm not even sure I had mine in FCC, I mean I assumed I was in FCC because of the wifi switching window after firmware upgrade, it may well have always been in ce mode, but when I got it I just used the 2.4 ghz, indeed it was the dafault!
And I naver had problems reching 1000 meters.

Maybe a strange suggestion but... if you block / close the 5.8 ghz connection on your Android; what will happens?

It looks like the preferred connection from DJI is 5.8 ghz but if it is not available then it take the 2.4 ghz connection.

See also this issue: Setting from 5.8ghz to2.4 without OTG

and also this topic: Procedure: Set 2.4GHz with RC and OTG cable

Last edited:
OK, something i have discovered for my self and just saw the previous reply :)
My setup is:
Downgraded version 3.1.22 (DJI go)
Russian FW someone posted here. (T_P3SE_FW_V01.03.0020)
I am testing all this in my room-not outside flying and there is no way i can find out if i am in CE or FCC mode. I live in Europe and after i upgraded the DJI go app to the latest version and the phantom to the latest version i got the wifi switching window. I confirmed it! After that i did those fake gps tricks and wifi window came on again. I confirmed it again. After that i lost count how many times it popped again and again so i just went ahead and downgraded to that Russian FW The wifi switching window haven` t shown since, but i asume it is in CE mode.
so here is what i found out for my self.
When i start the RC, app and the AC it is in 5Ghz mode by default. Everything is connected e ready to go. My wifi on the phone is set to auto (2.4 and 5Ghz) Without exiting the app i start "wifi analyzer" and i can see my phantoms network in 2.4Ghz range- nothing on 5Ghz range. When i go ahead and switch from within the app to 2.4Ghz and use the "wifi analyzer" app to check all the networks i see again the phantom network but in 5Ghz range and not in 2.4Ghz- it disapired from it!!!! Whats the deal with that???
I asume that it switches the control of the AC and image tranmission between 2.4 and 5Ghz, so yo can va control over your AC for better distance, but no image, or you can have good image transmission, but bad range?!?!?! Am i correct, or am i missin something?

Last edited:
OK, something i have discovered for my self and just saw the previous reply :)

When i start the RC, app and the AC it is in 5Ghz mode by default. Everything is connected e ready to go. My wifi on the phone is set to auto (2.4 and 5Ghz) Without exiting the app i start "wifi analyzer" and i can see my phantoms network in 2.4Ghz range- nothing on 5Ghz range. When i go ahead and switch from within the app to 2.4Ghz and use the "wifi analyzer" app to check all the networks i see again the phantom network but in 5Ghz range and not in 2.4Ghz- it disapired from it!!!! Whats the deal with that???
I asume that it switches the control of the AC and image tranmission between 2.4 and 5Ghz, so yo can va control over your AC for better distance, but no image, or you can have good image transmission, but bad range?!?!?! Am i correct, or am i missin something?

The frequency what you choose in the app is the frequency band of connection bethween drone and controller. This signal is not a standard wifi, so it can not percived by wifi analyzer. The frequency bethween mobile and controller is the opposit. If you choose 5 GHz, the mobile will use 2,4GHz, and vica versa, if you choose 2,4 mobil will use the 5GHz frequency band.

Reactions: Psycho Andy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94