Reaction score
I recently got a hold of a phantom 3 advanced, I then went to a store to ask if they knew what could be wrong with it, and they said that they where pretty certain the drone was bricked. I know they have been wrong before, so I went to search on google to check if anyone else had the same problem, and there where. My problem is that the drone just keeps beeping, and I suspect it being a faulty firmware update like this guy had (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
). I have tried flashing multiple firmware's with multiple SD cards, but I cant seem to figure it out. As you can see in the log file it has trouble detecting multiple items, but I suspect that's why it won't update and I would also believe a faulty update would be the reason it's not detected. Also, when I go in the DJI GO app it won't show any info at all on the battery tab, I cant remember not seeing anything more though.

I would really appreciate some help if someone has anything to come with as I think I have read everything I could find about these errors, I will gladly do anything over again to try to resolve the issues as I have spent all my free time for the last couple of days trying to figure this out.
If more information is needed I will of course try my best to give it if anyone tells me what to check.

Attachments

• P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: BillyN
I recently got a hold of a phantom 3 advanced, I then went to a store to ask if they knew what could be wrong with it, and they said that they where pretty certain the drone was bricked. I know they have been wrong before, so I went to search on google to check if anyone else had the same problem, and there where. My problem is that the drone just keeps beeping, and I suspect it being a faulty firmware update like this guy had (
). I have tried flashing multiple firmware's with multiple SD cards, but I cant seem to figure it out. As you can see in the log file it has trouble detecting multiple items, but I suspect that's why it won't update and I would also believe a faulty update would be the reason it's not detected. Also, when I go in the DJI GO app it won't show any info at all on the battery tab, I cant remember not seeing anything more though.

I would really appreciate some help if someone has anything to come with as I think I have read everything I could find about these errors, I will gladly do anything over again to try to resolve the issues as I have spent all my free time for the last couple of days trying to figure this out.
If more information is needed I will of course try my best to give it if anyone tells me what to check.

First what firmware version is it on, you can find this in the app, I suggest then using dankdronedownloader tool (google it) to get the firmware version before it, then follow this thread on how to do it

First what firmware version is it on, you can find this in the app, I suggest then using dankdronedownloader tool (google it) to get the firmware version before it, then follow this thread on how to do it
Hi, so sorry for my late reply, I have been really busy at the moment. The drone reports having no firmware on it.
I also haven't managed to update it, the gimbal light just blinks red.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-07-19-36-35-877_dji.pilot.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-07-19-36-35-877_dji.pilot.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Hi, so sorry for my late reply, I have been really busy at the moment. The drone reports having no firmware on it.
I also haven't managed to update it, the gimbal light just blinks red.
Hey

ok so follow the advice about downgrading the firmware, start with any of the newer ones

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Would you suggest even starting with the newest one available?

Its hard to say as we dont know your current firmware, my best guess is 2 below the latest, as long as you use the debug file mentioned in the guide its a good start

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Its hard to say as we dont know your current firmware, my best guess is 2 below the latest, as long as you use the debug file mentioned in the guide its a good start
I got nothing while trying the only thing that happened wat that the gimbal blinked green a few times, then had a brake, then blinked green a few times more and so on. but I managed to see my firmware now, it's 1.1.9+.
Also, just to mention it, it now has a phantom 3 pro gimbal, as I had a working P3 pro with a non working camera (it moves, but it's not showing a image, if you have a solution for that to that would be great as I have a P3 pro and a P3 4K gimbal with this issue), so I swapped it out with the functioning P3 advanced camera so I had at least one functioning drone, But I am now flashing the P3 advanced with P3 pro firmware, so it shouldn't matter.
Any other ideas?

I got nothing while trying the only thing that happened wat that the gimbal blinked green a few times, then had a brake, then blinked green a few times more and so on. but I managed to see my firmware now, it's 1.1.9+.
Also, just to mention it, it now has a phantom 3 pro gimbal, as I had a working P3 pro with a non working camera (it moves, but it's not showing a image, if you have a solution for that to that would be great as I have a P3 pro and a P3 4K gimbal with this issue), so I swapped it out with the functioning P3 advanced camera so I had at least one functioning drone, But I am now flashing the P3 advanced with P3 pro firmware, so it shouldn't matter.
Any other ideas?

You can fix the loss of FPV following my guide, its a hit and miss affair though it depends on what caused the loss of fpv, its only for the P3P and no other type of unit

As for the firmware showing the + sign this is a sign that some of the modules havent flashed, this will happen if the camera isnt working as the firmware looks for modules on the camera, you can flash the P3P fw to a P3a if you have fitted a P3p camera to it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31