View attachment 55872
Have you guys tried using a product like this for your XT 60 connectors! It makes plugging and unplugging so much easier and you don't risk damaging a solder point, i've been using it for a month and recommend it
Thanks for the tip! Pulling those suckers apart before you can turn the internal battery off, or just getting them unplugged from the charger is a royal pain, especially, if your fingers are still numb or cold from flying! :eek:

Did you try the P4 controller with simple windsurfers and the nearly 600ft AGL you flew on that flight? Hard to imagine it couldn't go farther unless it is defective and needs to be replaced.

How far does your P4 controller reach with the boosted ItElite Antenna set up?
Yes and yes. That was with a windsurfer on the stock P4 controller. Failsafe RTH was set to 750 feet. Flying at 100 feet, control signal was repeatedly lost at 2,500 feet, and was not restored during the ascent to 750 feet, until it started flying back toward home, when the hypotenuse of the triangle formed by the elevation and the base distance away from me was significantly less than 2,500 feet. Elevating the aircraft only worsened the control signal because the drone to controller distance was thereby increased. P4 stock controller was abysmal, even with a windsurfer that I get over 3 miles out of, when used on an unmodded GL300A with my P3P over the exact same terrain. YMMV.

Already have two GL300A modded P3 controllers, so no need to mod the P4 controller, so I can't answer your last question. Using the DBS-02 with boosters on the GL300A is the bomb when paired with the P4. Rock solid out to almost 6 miles!

No, I absolutely know that, but maybe I am doing it wrong with a P4 battery. On a P3 battery, I put it on the already plugged in charger, and then turn the battery on, and it tops it off. However, when I follow the same procedure with the P4 battery, instead of starting a top-off charge, it, instead, immediately turns itself right back off!

Are you suggesting that the P4 battery should be turned on first, before attaching it to the plugged in charger?
Does that make a difference? I believe I have tried it both ways, with no difference in the result. As soon as I turn the battery on, it shuts itself off right away, when plugged into the charger. Am I doing something wrong? It's very frustrating to not be able to top off a battery to 100% before flight when it's been a week since it was fully charged, and it is set to discharge after 10 days, without first somehow depleting it to 95% before charging.

From the Manual:

Charging the Intelligent Flight Battery
1. Connect the Battery Charger to a power source (100-240 V 50/60 Hz)
2. Connect one end of the charger to the Intelligent Flight Battery to the Battery Charger. If the battery level is above 95%, turn on the battery before charging.

From the Manual:

Charging the Intelligent Flight Battery
1. Connect the Battery Charger to a power source (100-240 V 50/60 Hz)
2. Connect one end of the charger to the Intelligent Flight Battery to the Battery Charger. If the battery level is above 95%, turn on the battery before charging.
That won't charge the battery on the P4. It promptly shuts the battery off, as soon as you turn it on, which means it is NOT being charged or topped off. I have owned two P4's. They both perform exactly as I have described, with either charger, and with any P4 battery.

That won't charge the battery on the P4. It promptly shuts the battery off, as soon as you turn it on, which means it is NOT being charged or topped off. I have owned two P4's. They both perform exactly as I have described, with either charger, and with any P4 battery.

Sorry my information was of no assistance, I am just trying to offer ideas and help where I can. I've never tried topping off a battery, just quoting the manual. Hopefully you find a solution.

Sorry my information was of no assistance, I am just trying to offer ideas and help where I can. I've never tried topping off a battery, just quoting the manual. Hopefully you find a solution.
I appreciate the effort. :cool:

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-07-01-22-55-07.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-07-01-22-55-07.jpeg
    233.4 KB · Views: 351
ad9dc786cd2fc1510baa3be471a587f3.jpg

20% left after 29 mins, multi star 5200 lihv

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey bud, it's the furthest distance from home, not total distance flown.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3