Lol Lee beat me to it!

I'll give it a shot later, maybe covering up the VPS because you can't shut it off in the app like I did created this problem
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1467049694.950641.jpg

Hey guys! How does the itElite DBS MaxxRange antenna affect the controller battery?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey guys! How does the itElite DBS MaxxRange antenna affect the controller battery?

Maybe someone else can chime in, but it hasn't affected my controller battery any. I can do about (4) 8+ mile flights before it's even halfway discharged and I feel the need to charge it

Nope..the antenna doesnt affect the tx's battery consumption. I have checked and asked and got the same answer over and over ( i also wondered this and is why i asked around)... the tx battery supplies a certain amount of power to the antenna output that is a constant dBm..that power coming out doesnt change (it may drop but usually stays at its max). I can keep going but theres a lot....

Thanks!! So the only thing to get the mod done is drill the controller and connect the itelite right? Also the furthest I flew with standard setup is about 1.5 km before I get weak video, and eventually getting aircraft disconnected, is that normal?

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

1. Keith M. - 53,325 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
2. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
3. dirtybum - 44,283 ft - Terminator Extreme, Boosted, Battery Mod
4. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
5. Fanti - 38,322 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
6. Fast13 - 32.447 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
7. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
8 oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
9. josephtarlecky - 24,211 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
10. Jake (Maxx UAV) - 24,048 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
11. KykPhantom - 23,400 ft - Stock
12. TheLightSpeedz - 23,072 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
13. Jeremiah Nelson - 22,626 ft - L-com 8.5dbi Antenna, Boosted
14. koreysmith123 - 22,390 ft - Stock
15. FLPTFLYER - 22,327 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
16. Fredz - 22,169 ft - FPVLR, Unboosted
17. ringolong - 21,586 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
18. Altaman - 21,539 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
19. YoungBlood - 21,478 ft - MaxxRange, Unboosted, Battery Mod
20. Tripc - 20,831 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Boosted
21. SolarDude - 20,802 ft - MaxxRange, Unboosted
22. BriRi - 20,791 ft - Windsurfer
23. Ramphex - 20,545 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
24. KykPhantom - 20,474 ft - Stock
25. Phantomfreak - 20,145 ft - Windsurfer
26. adambfarmer - 20,068 ft - Stock
27. r62ewa - 20,006 ft - Stock
28. Fallguy - 19,486 ft - ItElite MaxxRange Antenna, Boosted
29. Ozziebattler - 19,460.7 ft - Windsurfer
30. Kman - 19,335.7 - Stock

Here's Chuck R's incredible video!!

I find 32,000ft. Without a battery mod suspect. Just saying. 26,000 is hard to get enough to return!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I find 32,000ft. Without a battery mod suspect. Just saying. 26,000 is hard to get enough to return!

Did he specifically boast of stock battery? Yes, it would be very close[emoji41]

Pretty simple math:
32000 x 2= 64000 feet which equals 12.1 miles
At lowest speed of 30mph, it would require 24 minutes
If there was no wind and it flew at, say 40mph then it would require 18 mins!!!
Obviously we now have to take into account other important factors, how high, how fast to get to the desired cruising height, wind. If there was wind then you couldn't travel anywhere near 40mph into the wind,

I know on my unmoded batteries I flew a round trip of 40500feet and I landed with %7 battery, the last 1000 feet I had to fight the auto land feature while going forward at full speed to make it back home. Cruising Height 250 to 550, Wind around 16mph mostly sideways! Total flight time 15.5 mins. On my setup it takes about%10 to do one mile.

hey Gadget guy, are you using Maxxuav setup?, for the 30,000ft?........
That was a boosted DBS-02 Itelite on a GL300A transmitter, and I only turned around because of the P4 battery, not because of a lack of signal or video. I haven't retried distance alone with the battery mod, but there's definitely more range capability in the boosted DBS-02! I've done 63,175 feet total with the battery mod, just flying around in a large triangle from 98% to 13% battery, so 100% to 10%, straight out and back, should easily be close to 33,000 each way, and, under ideal conditions, down to 0%, 35,000 feet each way should be possible with just the boosted DBS-02. From 3-4 miles away, over all urban terrain, I can fly 25-35 feet above the water at the beach with full FPV!

Anyone figure out how to top off the P4 internal battery without first draining it down to 95%? Unless I charge the previously discharged flight battery the same day, my second P4 battery, last charged up a several days before, and now at 98%, can't be topped off like a P3 battery. I plug it into the charger, and turn it on, and it checks itself, and then immediately shuts off, preventing a top off to 100%. Only by draining it down to 95% or less will it then top off to 100%. The P3 batteries always take a top off without any restrictions.

Last edited:
Pretty simple math:
32000 x 2= 64000 feet which equals 12.1 miles
At lowest speed of 30mph, it would require 24 minutes
If there was no wind and it flew at, say 40mph then it would require 18 mins!!!
Obviously we now have to take into account other important factors, how high, how fast to get to the desired cruising height, wind. If there was wind then you couldn't travel anywhere near 40mph into the wind,

I know on my unmoded batteries I flew a round trip of 40500feet and I landed with %7 battery, the last 1000 feet I had to fight the auto land feature while going forward at full speed to make it back home. Cruising Height 250 to 550, Wind around 16mph mostly sideways! Total flight time 15.5 mins. On my setup it takes about%10 to do one mile.
On longer flights, not trying for distance records, I average closer to 8% battery depletion, per mile of flight, on the P4, flying in P mode, with OA turned off.

Last edited:

I found Fast13's original post in this thread, which Jake apparently summarized incorrectly.

Page 27---Post #533:

"Here's a new one with my P4. This was with a battery mod and an ITELITE MAXXRANGE antenna. 32,447 Feet! ;-) "

which became:

6. Fast13 - 32.447 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted

The Leaderboard summary of the flight does not properly reflect Fast13's post. It appears to be Jake's error. Fast13 was using the MaxxRange antenna and a battery mod, not an unboosted DBS-02 without a battery mod. Now the flight makes perfect sense! :cool:

Last edited:
Anyone figure out how to top off the P4 internal battery without first draining it down to 95%? Unless I charge the previously discharged flight battery the same day, my second P4 battery, last charged up a several days before, and now at 98%, can't be topped off like a P3 battery. I plug it into the charger, and turn it on, and it checks itself, and then immediately shuts off, preventing a top off to 100%. Only by draining it down to 95% or less will it then top off to 100%. The P3 batteries always take a top off without any restrictions.

You may know this but if a battery is over 95% and you want to top it off you first have to turn it on before charging it.

You may know this but if a battery is over 95% and you want to top it off you first have to turn it on before charging it.
No, I absolutely know that, but maybe I am doing it wrong with a P4 battery. On a P3 battery, I put it on the already plugged in charger, and then turn the battery on, and it tops it off. However, when I follow the same procedure with the P4 battery, instead of starting a top-off charge, it, instead, immediately turns itself right back off!

Are you suggesting that the P4 battery should be turned on first, before attaching it to the plugged in charger? Does that make a difference? I believe I have tried it both ways, with no difference in the result. As soon as I turn the battery on, it shuts itself off right away, when plugged into the charger. Am I doing something wrong? It's very frustrating to not be able to top off a battery to 100% before flight when it's been a week since it was fully charged, and it is set to discharge after 10 days, without first somehow depleting it to 95% before charging.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3