I made it 3000 feet today before I got a weak signal warning.

I will keep this list maintained. If you would like to be added to the leaderboard, please post a screenshot of your flight and say what your setup was.

Edit: If I miss your post, send me a PM.

Disclaimer: Yes, I sell the ItElite, no this leaderboard is not biased towards ItElite, I do not filter out FPVLR or any of my competitor posts. The owner of FPVLR is spreading rumors that this is the case. Simply not true. I welcome competition as it's a benefit for everyone! I have nothing bad to say about the FPVLR antenna, it is a fine antenna, and I even own one for my 3DR Solo & Phantom 4. There is also a rumor that you'll be banned for speaking of FPVLR and that is not true either. Say it here and get your favorite setup on The Leaderboard!

1. Keith M. - 47,833 ft - Horizon Terminator Extreme, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. Chuck R. 46,066.5 ft - ItElite DBS MaxxRange Antenna, Battery Mod
3. Mohan De Silva - 43,253.7 ft - Horizon Terminator - Battery Mod
4. GadgetGuy - 30,590 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Boosted
5. oblivie - 26,583 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
6. Fast13 - 26,280 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
7. Jake (Maxx UAV) - 23,089 ft - ItElite MaxxRange, Unboosted
8. Jeremiah Nelson - 22,626 ft - L-com 8.5dbi Antenna, Boosted
9. koreysmith123 - 22,390 ft - Stock
10. FLPTFLYER - 22,327 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
11. Fredz - 22,169 ft - FPVLR, Unboosted
12. BriRi - 20,791 ft - Windsurfer
13. Ramphex - 20,545 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
14. Phantomfreak - 20,145 ft - Windsurfer
15. TheLightSpeedz - 20,080 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
16. adambfarmer - 20,068 ft - Stock
17. r62ewa - 20,006 ft - Stock
18. Ozziebattler - 19,460.7 ft - Windsurfer
19. Kman - 19,335.7 - Stock
20. DanielMyst777 - 18,518 ft - MaxxRange, Boosted
21. Jonathan Abdoo - 18,186 ft - Windsurfer
22. Altaman - 18,159 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted
23. Stewkur - 16,680.9 ft - Windsurfer
24. phantom13flyer - 16,134.6 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna - Boosted
25. r0adb10ck - 16,083.2 ft - Windsurfer
26. Theresa Strange - 11,282 ft - ItElite DBS Antenna, Unboosted

Here's Chuck R's incredible video!!

Jake, is your 22k' unboosted with the MaxxDBS without a battery mod?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Welcome to the stock range of the P4. I only got 2500 feet. With mods, you can get 6+ miles!

You cannot make a blanket statement based on your flying environment regarding the Phantom 4's range. I fly in location of low/no interference and I've flown stock out 20,000 ft and returned with 28% battery for over 40,000 ft flown.

You cannot make a blanket statement based on your flying environment regarding the Phantom 4's range. I fly in location of low/no interference and I've flown stock out 20,000 ft and returned with 28% battery for over 40,000 ft flown.

I had clear line of sight but do live in a heavy residential area so I'm sure Wi-Fi interference is off the charts. I think I'm going to wrap myself in tin foil and then touch the controller to my tongue and try it again.

Good plan. I cannot fly the 20,000 ft when I am in range of Wi-Fi interference but with a stock Phantom 4 in the right conditions you can. Be sure to use the Phantom to video yourself in the foil with the controller in your mouth ;)

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Jake, is your 22k' unboosted with the MaxxDBS without a battery mod?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Yep, no battery mod. P4 can go out to 30,000 feet in the right conditions and make it back.

Reactions: BriRi
Actually, I already did. :cool: I was referring to normal urban environments, not perfect testing environments. I suppose you are going to now tell me I cannot make a blanket statement about how it can also be overcome with mods, too! :rolleyes: YMMV. My individual results speak for themselves, as do yours. I'm 4th on the leaderboard, with the longest boosted range without a battery mod. It's in the same area where the stock P4 setup craps out at 2,700 feet. 1,000% improvement (and also 50% farther than your stock setup, in a perfect environment).

Last edited:
Actually, I already did. :cool: I was referring to normal urban environments, not perfect testing environments. I suppose you are going to now tell me I cannot make a blanket statement about how it can also be overcome with mods, too! :rolleyes: YMMV. My individual results speak for themselves, as do yours. I'm 4th on the leaderboard, with the longest boosted range without a battery mod. It's in the same area where the stock P4 setup craps out at 2,700 feet. 1,000% improvement (and also 50% farther than your stock setup, in a perfect environment).

Did you try the P4 controller with simple windsurfers and the nearly 600ft AGL you flew on that flight? Hard to imagine it couldn't go farther unless it is defective and needs to be replaced.

How far does your P4 controller reach with the boosted ItElite Antenna set up?

With no battery mod what percentage did you land at? I've never really pushed a battery beyond 30%. I may try down to 10% with one battery as it's nearly at 20 charges and it states to run them down to 8% after 20 if I remember correctly.

90762d5b6adaae0b975d6b498185b9d4.jpg

Jake!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah man stick to Chuck's formula keep her in the low 30s you get good flight time and enough speed to get big distance runs

I went to 20,500 and I'm going to get it over 22,000'... I'm just inching my way there. Plus it was dark and flying over a mountain was nerve wrecking! I landed with 5 minutes of battery left. I could have easily done it.

It's scary the first time you see the home icon go a mile to the left!

31mph is the trick!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: UnknownCaller

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94