No video feed on brand new P4A+

Reaction score
Hi y’all this is my first drone so I’ve been looking forward to using it. I’m able to fly the drone and control it but I don’t have any video feed and i’m unable to take videos and photos. When I try to see the photo I’ve taken the album will not load and just cycles endlessly. I’ve installed the newest firmware on the drone and latest update on the controller, formatted the sd card, and checked the gimbal for any issues and it looks fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is this the Plus model with the built in display, or is this a non Plus model using a separate phone or tablet?

Either way, not having video is one issue, and not being able to take photos or videos onto the SD card is a different issue and likely not related. But what could be the issue depends on whether it is the plus w/display or non-plus without built in display.

If it is a plus, and using the buttons on the RC doesn't take pictures or shoot video onto the card, what is the LED on the gimbal doing? It says in the manual what the LED indications are. Also if it is a plus and displays no picture, there is a big issue with the Video transmit board in the quad, or an issue with the RC. If it is a plus model and it is brand new, I would take it back and exchange cause it should work right out of the box.

Is this the Plus model with the built in display, or is this a non Plus model using a separate phone or tablet?

Either way, not having video is one issue, and not being able to take photos or videos onto the SD card is a different issue and likely not related. But what could be the issue depends on whether it is the plus w/display or non-plus without built in display.

If it is a plus, and using the buttons on the RC doesn't take pictures or shoot video onto the card, what is the LED on the gimbal doing? It says in the manual what the LED indications are. Also if it is a plus and displays no picture, there is a big issue with the Video transmit board in the quad, or an issue with the RC. If it is a plus model and it is brand new, I would take it back and exchange cause it should work right out of the box.
It’s the plus model with the built in screen. Part of me thinks it’s related to the newest firmware update but IDK.

And there is that possibility, but not likely.
Did you test it before you started updating it? Did the display ever show the camera output?
Also, what color, and flashing or solid on the gimbal LED?

And there is that possibility, but not likely.
Did you test it before you started updating it? Did the display ever show the camera output?
Also, what color, and flashing or solid on the gimbal LED?
I never got a chance to test it because I had a issue with it in the activation process where I had to update the firmware via the DJI website. The LED is solid green and blinks green once when it takes a photo.

So the solid green then flash means the card is good (it thinks anyway) and the flash means it did TRY to write a .JPG file. If it is not on the SD card somewhere under the DCIM folder, then I would suggest trying another card.

Do you get all the other DJI Go4 switches and reading but just a grey screen with no picture from the camera?

If so try to format the SD card in the Phantom to see if it errors out or fixes the not writing pictures/videos issue.

You say this is new, so I just want to make sure you have tried to update the RC correctly from the SD card. If not done from the SD card with the correct file off the DJI site, you won't have the correct Android OS on the controller. You could be correct, no picture could be sw/fw mismatch. I would suggest a redo with the SD card, since as far as I know, that is the only way to change the base Android and therefore the built in DGI Go4 app on it.

If your not sure hit me up, I have a good bit of experience with the plus models and their sw/fw

Reactions: Capt KO
So the solid green then flash means the card is good (it thinks anyway) and the flash means it did TRY to write a .JPG file. If it is not on the SD card somewhere under the DCIM folder, then I would suggest trying another card.

Do you get all the other DJI Go4 switches and reading but just a grey screen with no picture from the camera?

If so try to format the SD card in the Phantom to see if it errors out or fixes the not writing pictures/videos issue.

You say this is new, so I just want to make sure you have tried to update the RC correctly from the SD card. If not done from the SD card with the correct file off the DJI site, you won't have the correct Android OS on the controller. You could be correct, no picture could be sw/fw mismatch. I would suggest a redo with the SD card, since as far as I know, that is the only way to change the base Android and therefore the built in DGI Go4 app on it.

If your not sure hit me up, I have a good bit of experience with the plus models and their sw/fw
Yeah it’s just a grey screen. I’m confused about downloading the file from the DJI website and putting it in the sd card and putting it into the RC, didn’t even know that was a thing.

1567824075376.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor