New P4, now having issues with VPS and strange sound

Reaction score
Hi all,

This week I received a replacement drone from DJI. Didnt have much time to fly it until later this week. yesterday I had severe drops in altitude. Called DJI and was told to use the DJI assistant 2 to calibrate the VPS. strange because I did not have to with my original p4 and it was flying okay earlier in the week. After calibrating it, it seemed to work better except it would gradually go up. Also when the drone is facing me, there is a beeping noise coming from the drone. Its a constant beeping noise and annoying. I'm on the phone waiting to talk to DJI. they will want to have it sent back I'm sure. This is disappointing.

when the drone is facing me, there is a beeping noise coming from the drone. Its a constant beeping noise and annoying.
You'll have to disable the front sensors if you do not want them to detect objects.

yea its not the beeping sound on the DJI go app(the radar warning) its always on even when the front sensors are turned off. the beeping is coming from inside the drone, not from the app. Never heard this sound from my original P4. I just spoke to DJI, they said to refresh the firmware in DJI assist and calibrate the VPS, then calibrate the IMU. maybe these steps will fix it.

Update Called DJI again, they asked me to restore the factory reset in the DJi assistant 2. Did that, then followed their steps, calibrate VPS, calibrate IMU, and compass then see how it does. Still randomly going up and down in altitude, 3 feet or more. Beeping sound coming from drone is still there too. I also noticed it takes a very long time for the compass prompt to populate. I click okay to calibrate and takes several minutes to say start. Now they are asking me to send it in. ahhhhhhhhhhh and I just got my new drone this week.

I have the video but when I try uploading it here it says failed

"The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."

IMG_7528(1).MOV

I can email it to whoever wants to hear this sound..let me know

Hi, thanks for the video. What happens when you land the aircraft? Does it still beep?

And where is the beeping sound coming from? ( aka the gimbal, inside of the shell, etc )

Here's another video of me spinning the drone around slowly. I don't know where exactly the sound is coming from but sounds like it's more pronounced from the front of the drone. It does not emit the sound when the motors are not turning, only when it's idle and sound is louder when it's in the air.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Also, start the motors without the propellers on. Does the sound get louder when the propellers are on? And you also mentioned a VPS issue?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm still checking the VPS issue. It seemed to go away when I deleted the app and reinstalled it. But still want to make sure that is okay. I'm on the phone with DJI tech support, I'll see what happens with the noise when I have the propellers off.

oh yea several times, I have even downgraded the firmware and re calibrated the IMU. I have also calibrated the compass after each IMu calibration. DJI wants me to send it in. Their tech support was helpful. They watched the videos I posted on youtube and the manager said it may be an issue with the front facing camera sensors.

Are you sure that the drone is making the sound? Not the controller? It seems strange that it would make that sound. I only have a p4 but I have never herd anyone say that the p4p makes that sound.

You can still hear the beeping even when it's turned but more noticeable when it's facing you. Tech support said they have never heard this before but they think it's likely the front sensors going bad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4