DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Gimbal Noise issue and Horizon Problems

Reaction score
The problem with the level of the horizon in the new drone DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Copter without damage and falls, there were only a few flights. When the Copter is tilted to the side, the gimbal does not align the horizon, the horizon at an angle. When the Copter is returned to the horizontal position, horizon remains under the knob in which it was when the Copter was tilted. What could be the problem? Also noticed that from the first flights the horizon in the videos is a little behind on the right side. And about the noise in the gimbal. when the copter is tilted to the side, the gimbal is emitted into a grinding noise. and the second moment with the noise in the gimbal - when turn on the copter at the end, the gimbal a little moves up and down in an unplanned manner and the sound sounds like something is jamming. Should there be any sounds in the gimbal similar to grinding or jamming in a working copter?

Here in the video you can see the problem

drone DJI Phantom 4 Advanced
dji go 4.2.14
aircaft firmware 01.00.0128

tried to solve the problem with calibrations, but nothing helped.

Auto Calibrate Gimbal
IMU Calibration
Calibrate Compass

It seems to me, that deviations are too big, but maybe could help following steps:
General Settings - Gimbal Settings - Gimbal Mode: Follow
then Gimbal Settings - Adjust Gimbal: Roll and Yaw axis adjust as needed

Ladislav

question for the owners Phanton 4 (Pro, Adv). Do you have the sound of a suspension motor reminiscent of a rattle when you tilt the drone on side? My gimbal has such sound, is it normal?

Probably mechanical problem with roll motor

I also think that this is more a mechanical defect. I don't like the sound of the suspension when the drone is tilted. and the horizon is already falling down, even at an altitude of up to 2 meters when the drone is rotated around itself

no settings helped. firmware updated, dji go reinstalled, compass calibreted outside, IMU Calibrated, auto calibrate gimbal and calibrate gimbal during fly manual. nothing helps!

beta firmware like helped, but only for 5-7 flights. Now again, the horizon tilt when the copter rotates around its axis.

when flying forward or sideways, the horizon seems to hold, there are minor deviations, but when the copter rotates there is already a strong tilt and when turning the copter back, the horizon does not recover, as it fell down and remained under that level.

The problem with the inclined horizon was not solved even when replacing the gimbal's motors. I had to replace the entire gimbal. the gimbal turned out to be defective at the time of purchase. therefore, whoever thinks of buying a new phantom 4 pro / 4 adv is sure to check immediately the gimbal's horizon, this is a frequent Mechanical Defect of the Gimbal!

Reactions: DenMac
I just bought a new P4A from DJI I’ve had about 3 weeks and haven’t had a chance to fly yet I went to set up drone last week only to realize my gimbal was making noise on start up but went away while I was setting up. So I get set to fly my first time and I get a yellow gimbal overload message. So my gimbal is DOA out of the box. Back it goes. So much for QC. Frustrated buyer. 1200.00 bucks for what.

Safe flying cause I won’t be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj