new p3 owner with a question

Reaction score
my first p3 standard will be here thursday 11/10/16 . my first question is ,should i even update the firmware?

what firmware to stay away from?
i hear the standard firmware on the p3 is good and people start having problems after upgrading . i am of the mindset that if something works ,dont mess with it .
what you seasoned pro`s say??

To each their own but I update the FW as soon as I take it out of the box. Keep in mind that if you have an "incident" and you knowingly did not fly with the latest FW you might have some snags in terms of warranty issues. Just a guess though.

Read the manual cover to cover before charging or while charging the batteries. You'll save yourself time and hassle by doing this from the get go.

@helizrnew2me

I'm the opposite, if it is your first DJI product, especially a standard, fly it before you fryware it.
Yes, read the manual, I looked at your other posts, You have a lot more RC flying then I.

The Phantom 2V+ was my first flying anything, when I saw that you just let off the controls it stays there, wow I could learn to do this, and it even has a camera!
I can't even turn an rc car around in my driveway with hitting something. The phantom you just go above your obstacles. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum!

So @msinger, has a info sight.
Should take look if you haven't.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

I have many arguments on firmware and standards.

Just one I will share :rolleyes:
Terrible signal performance :eek:

Rod

rod , i was into quadcopters for 2 years solid, thats about my attention span before i get bored and move on . the short list of quads i had are
x400
f330
f450
armattan 540
armattan tri
tbs discovery
frankenquad 550
ads 400q
quanum nova with gimbal and hero2 . that was as close to a p3 i got .the nova is based on the phantom with a apm fc.just no wifi to phone ability . i had the opportunity to trade into a new p3 and went with it . always wanted one .
i may take your advise and just try it first .

ps- aside from the nova i built the rest myself .

Well for fun, post what your shipped firmware is.

Rod

Reactions: RodPad
sorry rod i never did look to see what shipped firmware was . it asked me to upgrade so i did . had first flight today even though it was breezy . i had charged everything up so i needed to run the lipo down .
video footage came out choppy ,found out why . i didnt set the camera parameters and it was set to 2.7 is it? or is it 2.5 on the standard?
sure used alot of space on the card . so i set it to 1080p 30fps now and next video should be good .

did grab a few snaps though .
heres one . i wasnt up that high because of the wind and this doesn`t seem to have alot of angle tilt to fight wind .that be my next question .
how you get more angle? i know its in the software somewhere .

todays snap

Reactions: Phil56

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers