New Firmware released V01.02.0304

You excited to test this new update Brian? Sounds like they may have fixed D-log for us?

I've been delaying my trip now for nearly a month and would like to test things before hitting the road but the weather here's been pretty rough for several weeks now. Either real cold or windy or rainy. I want at least one more run to tests things before the trip.

I wonder if the histogram is different and the FPV screen looks different if perhaps what they've done is derive the histogram and FPV screen from the raw data before d-log compression -- I'd suggested that as a possible method to overcome the operational issues with using d-log. They could do that without actually doing anything to the actual d-log compression as stored in the video files.

Brian

Also, All batteries were updated one by one , through DJI Go 4 - including my lower capacity Phantom 4 batteries

Might be a boneheaded question but what is the procedure for updating the app go 4 app on the plus model? Not the firmware but app itself. Says mine is version 4.0.0 and the latest is 4.0.1..

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The latest is actually 4.02 btw. Think you can just go into your app store and it should come up as needing updated. You just do it right there. I'm sure there is an update app in the app itself too under settings maybe.

Just got mine all done and updated each battery as well. Including 3 reg capactiy P4 batteries. No problems whatsoever. Testing tomorrow hopefully.

The latest is actually 4.02 btw. Think you can just go into your app store and it should come up as needing updated. You just do it right there. I'm sure there is an update app in the app itself too under settings maybe.

I have the plus with the built in screen and it's an android device. Not much flexibility there

You can install it via DJI GO like this.
Hey Mike, in your update instructions you say to go ahead and calibrate the IMU. I just got my bird updated and I'm wondering if I should do that? I have never calibrated it yet out of the box. Flew it about 10 flights or so maybe. Only a slight gimble glitch is all I had wrong and hope this update fixed that. But I have heard that we really don't need to the IMU unless it ask for it? Your thoughts? Also you said to calibrate the RC. I have not done this on this new P4 Pro either?

I have the plus with the built in screen and it's an android device. Not much flexibility there

Oh ok, I would think that your app is continually updating to new version of your app all the time. Is that not right? Can you turn wifi on and off on it? Is it off maybe?

I couldn't update my P4P by connecting it to my P4P+ controller. It always just said to update connect controller to the bird. I connected it and restarted both units several times.

Eventually I had to download the PC program and connect it to my drone and it updated with no drama.

I couldn't update my P4P by connecting it to my P4P+ controller. It always just said to update connect controller to the bird. I connected it and restarted both units several times.

Eventually I had to download the PC program and connect it to my drone and it updated with no drama.

Yah I always use the DJI Assistant 2 app for firmware updates too, seems to work ;)

Just got the bird, 3 batteries (that all stated firmware incompatibility & requested update when connecting to DJI Assistant 2 app as intended) just now. New firmware announcement came out during this morning's flight so hoping to get in the sky on it later this week! Everyone let us know how it goes with the update/bug fixes!

Last edited:
Flashed ... 5 min ... Tested on the table...
When I start motors (without props) I hear a weird wood stroke sound, but then seems all ok !!:fearscream: I didn't note it before the upgrade ...

Is it like a knock knock sound? Just upgraded mine and the motors definitely sound different at start up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20