New Firmware released V01.02.0304

I had to update all my batteries after the firmware update as the assistant showed firmware mismatch after I put my next battery in just to check if needed--

So all the batteries required this update--

Jack

OK, a little difference here, but I presume the message for the mismatch came from the Go4 app when connected to the bird -- is that right? If so, then your battery update procedure would be to connect up, do the battery update from within the Go4 app, then power down and swap batteries -- repeat ... is that right?

Brian

OK, a little difference here, but I presume the message for the mismatch came from the Go4 app when connected to the bird -- is that right? If so, then your battery update procedure would be to connect up, do the battery update from within the Go4 app, then power down and swap batteries -- repeat ... is that right?

Brian

No I did the update thru the Assistant 2--when I put the 2nd battery in after the update it showed the Firmware mismatch-then I updated my last 2 batteries

Jack

No I did the update thru the Assistant 2--when I put the 2nd battery in after the update it showed the Firmware mismatch-then I updated my last 2 batteries

Jack
Updating though dji go 4 there was no request to update batteries.

Would be great to dwelve into this new d-log. Is it a true s-log or some other form of cheat, but maybe better than the former one?

Appreciate the testa Thomas!

So as someone who has never used dlog, doesn't it require a LUT file to be applied in post or something?

So as someone who has never used dlog, doesn't it require a LUT file to be applied in post or something?
dLog is the goto choice if you do your own toning (which you should). It is essentially a inverse-s-curve giving better tonality of especially shadows and more space for postprocessing-corrections. None is your goto-choice if you want good colors out-of-the box.

dLog is the goto choice if you do your own toning (which you should). It is essentially a inverse-s-curve giving better tonality of especially shadows and more space for postprocessing-corrections. None is your goto-choice if you want good colors out-of-the box.
I do color correction in post even when using none. Will dlog give me a better end result then?

Do you have a before and after of that image? I'm not totally sure what I'm looking at. :)
Here is before:
upload_2017-1-11_21-51-22.png

And after:
upload_2017-1-11_21-52-10.png

(not same subject, but full range black-to-white)

Main difference is that old range was about IRE 10-67, new is about IRE 12-100. Ideal range is 0-100 so we are much closer.

Just to confirm, after doing the firmware update via Assistant 2 I powered down then replaced the battery with another battery and powered up again -- after a few seconds Assistant 2 indicated the mismatch and I updated the battery firmware. Did the same with all 6 batteries. So, I'm not sure why the Go4 app isn't indicating a firmware mismatch for the batteries but all 6 of my batteries needed updating and were done so via Assistant 2. Now, does the RC need updating and is the Go4 app not indicating that as well. Is there a way to update the RC via Assistant 2?

Brian

For completion, here is a comparison of NONE and DLOG (new) for the same scene:

None:

upload_2017-1-11_22-10-24.png

DLOG (latest firmware)

upload_2017-1-11_22-9-26.png

You can clearly see that the shadows and midtones are compressed to a very small range in none (even if 0-100 IRE), so without any actual test-material I am still certain DLOG will be the preferred going forward. Good job DJI!

Yea for dlog fix!! Now Tomas can you test if we should consider reducing the contrast also or just leave as is to get maximum tonality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tomas Wangen
Yea for dlog fix!! Now Tomas can you test if we should consider reducing the contrast also or just leave as is to get maximum tonality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will test this weekend (with sun supposedly here) but I assume someone will beat me to a full test before that.

Edit: i will be very surprised If contrast and color should differ from 0. I assume -1 / 0 / 0 is the best but with no data to back it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: AIRSPACE
Upgraded the P4P to the newest firmware today and light looked good for sunset so I headed out.

Used the same cards that had been working well for me - Sandisk Extreme Plus 64gb V30 U3

I remember taking the first shot and realizing it was a JPG. I then went into my settings and changed them to RAW, etc as they seem to have been reset by the firmware upgrade. I then shot the exact same scene as a RAW.

At one point I thought to check the playback option in the DJI Go App and saw only 6 images even though I had pressed the shutter button at least 8 times at that point. I also didn't see the RAW image taken after the JPG one.

I just came home and loaded images via Lightroom and can confirm that image is gone. So frustrating and not sure how to troubleshoot. It would be silly to have to use playback after every single shot to confirm it was taken/recorded.

I don't think this happened before but can't be certain. Haven't had such a clear cut and memorable example before as I'll usually take multiple shots while varying exposure, etc not trusting the histogram to be exact yet.

Appreciate any ideas/thoughts if this might be related to newest firmware.

Sorry - posted this as a new thread but later realized it could be related to the new firmware...

Just to confirm, after doing the firmware update via Assistant 2 I powered down then replaced the battery with another battery and powered up again -- after a few seconds Assistant 2 indicated the mismatch and I updated the battery firmware. Did the same with all 6 batteries. So, I'm not sure why the Go4 app isn't indicating a firmware mismatch for the batteries but all 6 of my batteries needed updating and were done so via Assistant 2. Now, does the RC need updating and is the Go4 app not indicating that as well. Is there a way to update the RC via Assistant 2?

Brian
You excited to test this new update Brian? Sounds like they may have fixed D-log for us?

I do color correction in post even when using none. Will dlog give me a better end result then?

DLOG is a way to preserve more of the original latitude when the image is processed by the camera. Typically, it's about 1 stop more than NONE. DLOG content will look completely washed out when you go to edit it and requires more work to grade it properly but should result in slightly more latitude in the final result.

Your results will depend on your subject, how you expose it and how you grade it in post.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl