Low display resolution with iPad Air 2 vs. iPhone 6 with DJI GO app

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was always using my iPhone 6 to fly my Phantom 3 Advanced and the display was awesome with amazing resolution but i decided to upgrade and buy an iPad Air 2.
But now with the iPad while flying even in close range and no interference around the display is very pixelated as if i am watching 480p.

has anyone encountered this? Any way to fix this?

One more question:
since im flying with airplane mode on the ipad (no 4G or wi-fi) is it normal for the ipad not to load the GPS maps? its completely blank with just the pointer of my direction. I though that the remote would load the maps on the djigo app through the GPS signal alone and no 4G would be needed.

Thank you

(no 4G or wi-fi) is it normal for the ipad not to load the GPS maps
Yes. You must cache maps to use a tablet with no 4G (search for "cache maps" on forum). The pixellation may be because of the iPad's much higher-resolution screen, making it look worse quality than the iPhone (think of watching a 1080p video on a laptop or a 60" TV - same resolution, different pixel density).

Yes. You must cache maps to use a tablet with no 4G (search for "cache maps" on forum). The pixellation may be because of the iPad's much higher-resolution screen, making it look worse quality than the iPhone (think of watching a 1080p video on a laptop or a 60" TV - same resolution, different pixel density).

Thanks for your help. I looked up the specs of iphone 6 vs ipad an the ipad has a lower pixel per inch so it would make sense but i cannot accept that! hehehhehe
i am viewing now on youtube some vids about image transmission settings and it might be the channel im using or the bits/sec of the image transmission speed. I went on that setting and the "custom" choice is grey and it wont let me chose it as if i can olny have it set at auto. why is that?

since im flying with airplane mode on the ipad (no 4G or wi-fi) is it normal for the ipad not to load the GPS maps? its completely blank with just the pointer of my direction. I though that the remote would load the maps on the djigo app through the GPS signal alone and no 4G would be needed.
That's the third time I've heard of a belief that GPS provides maps.
It doesn't happen at all.
GPS only gives location data .. latitude and longitude, definitely not maps.
Your tablet has to get maps itself.
If you need maps, get them at home over wifi or on site before you switch to airplane mode.

Reactions: CaptainDrone798
That's the third time I've heard of a belief that GPS provides maps.
It doesn't happen at all.
GPS only gives location data .. latitude and longitude, definitely not maps.
Your tablet has to get maps itself.
If you need maps, get them at home over wifi or on site before you switch to airplane mode.

Go it, fixed it all good with the maps. Sorry new at this.
But i still cannot get the custom transmission settings. it only allows me to have it at Auto. I dont understand why...

Ive just linked my iPad to my standard after using it with a note 4 and I have the same very low resolution display.

Is this normal? Can anyone help? I like the bigger screen over the note but the poor resolution is spoiling things greatly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen