DJI GO 4 and iPad Air 2

Reaction score
Looking to find out suggested settings on the iPad Air 2 with my Phantom 4 Pro and the DJI GO 4 app. I am using it in Airplane mode and the Location Services shut off. I am thinking that these settings are not needed and may interfere with commuication between the DJI GO 4 app and the drone. The drone is using GPS and so far this has worked well. I can get about 900 meters away from the controller and all is okay. Any further than that and I get blips in the video on my iPad. I really need the video to see there I am going and bringing the Phantom 4 Pro back to the home point. In a worst case senario I can use the Return to Home button to get it back. Also the map on the app is a priceless asset to get it headed in the right direction. I have on occasion lost the video but communication is still working and I can use the map.
I have had this Phantom 4 Pro since January 2017 and it had worked flawlessly. I only fly in GPS mode.
I thought it might be a good idea to query the frequent fliers to get their suggestions for settings used with the DJI GO 4 app and the iPad Air 2

My first Ipad Air 2 was wifi only the one I use now is cellular for "Return To Me" when I fly from
a boat "RTH" may not be where I am . As for the settings I don't use airplane mode but I don't
get calls on it . As for settings in Go 4 there are too many to list and for those , just do a bit of
playing around with them to find the ones that you like best for your type of flying . Do all your
testing from close by and get familiar with the "pause button" . I learned most everything on
You-Tube my self . This forum is a great place for specific questions but it helps to have all the
info to get the best answer . But you should give Y-T a look also . Hope this helps and have a great
day .

Thanks for the info on the Air 2. Not quite sure what the "pause button" is that you refer to. Also I did not have any idea how to "RTH" when you are moving. I will take your advice and check out some Y-T as well. Thanks again.
Rural Rider

Thanks for the info on the Air 2. Not quite sure what the "pause button" is that you refer to. Also I did not have any idea how to "RTH" when you are moving. I will take your advice and check out some Y-T as well. Thanks again.
Rural Rider
On your remote , "radio" you have a button with two vertical bars . Where ever or what ever your drone is doing , press
that button and it will stop and hover till you decide you want to do . It's like an emergence stop .
RTH , In your settings in Go-4 set up you can chose between return to the takeoff point or return to where the remote
"radio" is . Like when you takeoff and it says "The home point has been recorded." You have to have cellular with GPS
tablet or phone for it to return to the radio "Ipad Air 2 cellular" WiFi will not work . Hope this helps .

If WiFi only, you can also use a bluetooth gps to the ipad for returning to remotes location on RTH. It won't actually follow the remote but can be activated in app to HP your present location. Tablet with GPS also allows "follow me" function unlike "active track" that uses the camera.

After studying the results to my query I got the user manual out and did a bit more of a study on what was there. Certainly something to be said for RTFB. I have to admit I am a tad embarrased for having overlooked some items. In the beginning I was egar to get the drone up and learn how to fly it without running into anything. The only button I commonly used was for controlling the camera gimbal. All the rest of the settings I was needing I adjusted on the iPad screen. Now I clearly see a whole host of opitions I need are readily available with the other buttons. Thanks to Boxman for the reminder to RTFB.
I am really getting some seriously good video now with the radio being more seriously friendly.
Thanks to all for the tips.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic