Lost P3 100% gone

I'm just like, what the hell were you doing up that high with so many obvious errors and inability to fly in atti mode...

If there were many compass errors, it means DJI Go warned OP about compass errors but OP just ignored them?
Im asking because i never had compass error, so im worried, will i know that i have them in DJi go or after i lose my drone?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think the OP, now knows his mistakes.
The 2000' elevation, I don't know, he may have panicked, and was pressing the up left and instead of up right?
The data could be incorrect because of all the errors?
I would have to go back, and look at the time line on the speed versus altitude, but the OP has decided to be done with it.

It might show up in lost and found.:eek:

Rod

Pata Sweden, per our discussion in your original thread, we're waiting for you to upload your TXT flight log. Please attach that file here.

You Sir are a God-Send to have you here helping us newbies! Thank-You for being here! Of course you got a "Like" out of this!

BTW: So I ordered the P4 Props & the attachment kit. My fail, no way they will work together on a P3p.

Now have to go to work on how to stop my prop from coming loose & flying off of my RC aircraft.

P.S. :

Is there anyone here that would like to purchase my collection of (2) propellers for a P4) Plus the (1) locking parts to keep it there)

I say this, because I am not defeated on holding a P3P prop on it's hub, I just need to re-invent (DJI's Wheel). I lost a prop at 5 feet of height, it sucked! As soon as I invent it, you will be informed as to how you can stop this from ever happening again.

Kurt

Is there anyone here that would like to purchase my collection of (2) propellers for a P4) Plus the (1) locking parts to keep it there)
You might find a taker if you post in the classifieds.

If there were many compass errors, it means DJI Go warned OP about compass errors but OP just ignored them?
Im asking because i never had compass error, so im worried, will i know that i have them in DJi go or after i lose my drone?
To see what warnig you would get for a compass error, try this with your Phantom powered up and connected - no props necessary.
i-3h6Nq8P-M.jpg

This is what you will see:
i-3psJrs8-M.png

Reactions: t2adze
I've looked at what info we have (HealthyDrones and Google Earth), there's a lot of information missing so I'm making assumptions to fill gaps.
The first thing I note is the number of warnings, especially compass errors right at the start of the flight.
Because of the compass errors, the Phantom switches to atti mode and will drift with the wind unless you control it..
The Phantom was attempting to RTH from 1:55 but only went further away.
Because of the compass error causing the Phantom to use atti mode, RTH probably wouldn't work and the Phantom would have just hovered?
Much of the flight was up around 2-300 metres where wind is stronger than at surface level.
We can't tell what control input you were giving it but most of the flight is a straight line heading 260°.
It seems most likely that this is because the wind was coming from 80°.
All of this strongly suggests that the Phantom was being blown away in atti mode.

The speed that the Phantom was being blown away varied from 3-6 m/sec, probably because of gusting winds.
The altitude is descending from 310m - 160m during the blow-away at an average descent rate of 1.8 m/s.
I'm not sure why. Perhaps the Phantom was attempting to land as it couldn't RTH?
I'm not sure what the auto descend speed is for the Phantom but if it's 2 m/s, this might be the cause?

The flight record ends at 7:16 with the Phantom 158m altitude, 660 m from home.
If it started with a full battery it probably had approx 13 minutes more flight time left.
If it continued to be blown along at 3 m/s and descending at 2 m/s, it would have come down to approx ground level in 80 seconds which would put the Phantom in the middle of the lake at (very approximately) 62.6326°N 17.8992°E

This flight appears to have been doomed by a combination of factors.
1. Compass errors from the start and continuing through the flight
Probably caused by calibrating the compass close to steel or reinforced concrete and the compass was unable to compensate when it left the area influenced by the steel (or electrical cables?)​
2. Continuing to fly with many warnings
3. Signal interference over an urban area
3. Not flying the Phantom back to home and allowing it to drift in atti, unable to RTH because of the compass errors.

Manual control and flying the Phantom home should have been possible for much of the time if corrective action was taken.

You should change nick to Phantom Finder[emoji3] Very nice of you to help me, even though I've been acting like a schoolboy[emoji15] The lake the droner probably dived into is our water reservoir so I'm still able to enjoy it[emoji23]
Once again, big thanks[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I uploaded his flight, to @msinger viewer for fun on Thursday, but I was trying to get his flight log to play back on my android, I have done it with others but this time I couldn't get to work, I wanted to see what his sticks were doing.

Anyways, it shows similar to HD did, at least by locations.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Rod :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4