Lost Drone today, FOUND FOUND FOUND

Reaction score
update:

i HAVE MY DRONE... i MAN CAME FOWARD AFTER SEEING FACEBOOK POSTS!!!

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOU HELP REGARDING THIS!! :)

Hello all,

Could some of you guys give me some pointers on the best methods for finding my drone.

Losing my drone could be because of a malfunction, user error or both, I am fully aware this could be my fault and im already kicking myself!

Key facts so far:

Phantom 3 advanced
recording video at the time but file seems to be corrupt and wont even open in VLC media player?
Signal dropped without warning
Phantom DID not try to return home from what i can gather
Battery has enough to return to my location with ease
I have looked and searched where the drone was last recorded on the flight log ( see attached pic)

If drone had carried on in a straight line it would have crashed into a hill (have roughly searched area
Had to stop searched as it was getting to dark

video flight log from dji app dosent show phantom not showing any efforst to RTH, i will screen record this and post in comments

Im pretty sure thats all the info i have at this time, drone was lost at around 1830 today (27/08/2017)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,497
Last edited:
Phantom DID not try to return home from what i can gather
If you would post the log, then we all will know. If not, compare the home point through the flight and see if it was changed. There are too many variables to consider without a link posted back to the screen shot you posted. It is basically useless.

Roger that.. I see your point I was just concerned about location being broadcast on the internets is... I'm not sure what to do now tbh:-(

Oh jeez.. And there was me trying to be sensible... I am a realist so dont really care what people see but you know how forums work, Make a mistake or do something stupid and things can get out of hand... Even though im pretty sure 90% of drone users have done similar thing to me, maybe without crashing though Hahaha.

After further investigation it is looking like i have crashed into a house BTW :-(

Ive knocked doors as lights were on because everyone around here is getting hammered due to a local yearly festival, Everyone ive spoke to have been super nice and understanding,I have 2 pubs spreading the work and three friendly loacals checking gardens after they wake from with a massive hangover... i shall see tomo i think.

Anyhoo, ill check that link out now! Muchos thanks!

Oh jeez.. And there was me trying to be sensible... I am a realist so dont really care what people see but you know how forums work, Make a mistake or do something stupid and things can get out of hand... Even though im pretty sure 90% of drone users have done similar thing to me, maybe without crashing
If you want help finding out what went wrong so you can learn from the experience and possibly get a location to search, post your flight data.
This happens every day and everyone gets to learn a lot from it.
All anyone will see is where you launched from and what happened in flight.
No names, no phone numbers etc ...

Obviously it hit that protruding roof part.... at ..... 35mph.....

It was only 38ft off the ground.

I think you ran into that building, right at the roof. 38 feet altitude seems pretty low, the whole flight was the same, then suddenly nothing. 36 mph, right into something solid.

Where I live is full of hills... truth be told, my bro was flying his at the same time and I was concentrating a a problem he had whilst flying me... I now know it is more that likely my own fault... I'm fine with that.

It'd just be nice to get my drone back albeit smashed to pieces:-(

Yolo... it's only materialistic...

Reactions: BigAl07
If using DJI go, can you post the footage? I'd love to see it.....

Bla bla bla... I know already. Like this hasn't been going over and over in my head... lime I said In the original post.. I know I am more than likely to blame.

[EXPLETIVE REMOVED], forums can be such a pain sometimes..

I'm actually a really honest dude that took his eye of the ball for one second, spunked a load of money whilst smashing my drone and asked for help...

I've done a lot worse in my life and I assure you I have done alpt of good for a lot of people...

If you can't or don't want to help then that's fine... Karma will help me in the long run.

Pfft... no offence intended for the genuine hobbyists out there

Forums, Internets, drones or whatever... I don't know it all but neither do you.

What happened to the good nature of humans?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bla bla bla... I know already. Like this hasn't been going over and over in my head... lime I said In the original post.. I know I am more than likely to blame.

[EXPLETIVE REMOVED], forums can be such a pain sometimes..

I'm actually a really honest dude that took his eye of the ball for one second, spunked a load of money whilst smashing my drone and asked for help...

I've done a lot worse in my life and I assure you I have done alpt of good for a lot of people...

If you can't or don't want to help then that's fine... Karma will help me in the long run.

Pfft... no offence intended for the genuine hobbyists out there

Forums, Internets, drones or whatever... I don't know it all but neither do you.

What happened to the good nature of humans?!

What help, exactly, are you asking for?

Some guidence on what can be done to located my drone... I've achieved in finding a fair bit of info so far.. I'm assuming it's close or should be at the last know position...
I was asking for help as to what could have happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers