Lost Drone today, FOUND FOUND FOUND

update:

i HAVE MY DRONE... i MAN CAME FOWARD AFTER SEEING FACEBOOK POSTS!!!

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOU HELP REGARDING THIS!! :)

Hello all,

Could some of you guys give me some pointers on the best methods for finding my drone.

Losing my drone could be because of a malfunction, user error or both, I am fully aware this could be my fault and im already kicking myself!

Key facts so far:

Phantom 3 advanced
recording video at the time but file seems to be corrupt and wont even open in VLC media player?
Signal dropped without warning
Phantom DID not try to return home from what i can gather
Battery has enough to return to my location with ease
I have looked and searched where the drone was last recorded on the flight log ( see attached pic)

If drone had carried on in a straight line it would have crashed into a hill (have roughly searched area
Had to stop searched as it was getting to dark

video flight log from dji app dosent show phantom not showing any efforst to RTH, i will screen record this and post in comments

Im pretty sure thats all the info i have at this time, drone was lost at around 1830 today (27/08/2017)
You can buy a mini tracker from ebay for around £30, When you phone the trackers number it will phone you back with Google map and exact co-ordinates, within 15 feet

Let it be known, that if I ever see something silly like this and I see a drone crash into a house, I will capture the drone and hold the owner accountable.
You can ether pay me shush money or I will report it to authorities...
We need to get cowboys grounded!!!
Yt2...
It Would be funny if owner of a house just crashed his drone and some fricking idiot grabs it (Trespassing,theft,grand larceny)Tries to extort money from the owner(Blackmail,extortion) Homeowner punches idiot in the throat,calls the cops presses charges.Idiot get 30 days and meets his new boyfriends

Let it be known, that if I ever see something silly like this and I see a drone crash into a house, I will capture the drone and hold the owner accountable.
You can ether pay me shush money or I will report it to authorities...
We need to get cowboys grounded!!!
Yt2...
Chill out dude, life’s to short to constantly wander around with a stick up your butt. No harm done, no one was hurt and the OP got his expensive equipment back, all is well.

If you really need some kind of crusade to fulfill yourself then quit raging over what was an honest harmless mistake and go hound the guy in this video who thinks it’s cool to PURPOSELY fly his Mavic near passenger planes in restricted airspace!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl