Lost Drone today, FOUND FOUND FOUND

Sweet. Glad you got it back mate. Invest in a GPS tracker. Get them for as little as £12 on eBay. Its a TK102 tracker

Reactions: Just Mark
Sounds like a slipped/stripped gear or something is in a bind. I think you can get a full replacement gimbal assy that should be plug-n-play.

Spray the mechanism out with high power air hose. Possibly foreign material is caught inside it.(Like a side of a house). (Just a thought).

Outside of the US they may have a longer life, but be aware that if in the US, while the tk102 style trackers will still currently work, they won't soon. Very few carriers still support gsm (standard that the tk102 and the like use to communicate) and none will be supporting soon. You need (if in the US) a prepaid service through at&t (and I think TMobile may support, through at&t, but I'm not sure) but they will be dropping it very soon. I have a few of them and they have saved me a few times with long range fixed wing flights.

Obviously though, the best and most reliable way to not lose your quad is to plan properly, pay attention, never ignore errors and don't take unnecessary risks... 99.99% of the time that will bring your aircraft home safely.

Last video, Just in case anyone was interested... Was hoping for something a little more entertaining haha

Apart from my gimbal a little noisy and a cracked lens and some new props i think everything else seems to be ok... I got off lightly and have mark zuccerburg??? to thank for finding it lol!
I liked your video not for the fact that you crashed (sorry about that) it's that you shared it with us, Thanks!

I liked your video not for the fact that you crashed (sorry about that) it's that you shared it with us, Thanks!
Agreed!

Being someone who grew up in California and being used to the LA / SF lifestyle(s) it is nice to see a different neighborhood up close like that.

Hopefully the original poster will get the required permits in the future and provide similar footage in legal and safe manner.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Can imagine what these two people thought as you went by them lol
1504141082551.png

They are at the bottom of the pic in case you can't find them

It is a pretty town in England lol

I'm quite aware that I did a massive silly.

It was when I mentioned that the police had been informed on Facebook thatbsomrome came forward and called saying it crashed into his car... I think maybe he stole it though [emoji23]

Anyhoo, fix and mend time now, I have a noisya am crack in lens wooo...

Video below, any ideas?

Glad you got your bird back:D
How could you "not" "be aware you did a massive silly" with every Holier Than Thou reminding you of it:mad:.
Unless I'm missing something I dont see any cars in the crash zone.Was the owner of that house the one who returned it ,or that car that was passing? Im wondering if it was the guy in the car saw it coming in for the crash and grabbed it,then claiming it hit his car.Something like thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEKafiDxhCc

The gimbal is out of alignment. I sold my PV2+ to a friend when I bought my P3P and he crashed it hard. the gimbal snapped back together fine, but was out of alignment. The noise you hear is the drive trying to right itself, but is already at an extreme. I used this video to repair his gimbal and it worked great. Lengthy, but unless you want to buy a new one or pay someone a few hundred to fix it it is worth it.

update:

i HAVE MY DRONE... i MAN CAME FOWARD AFTER SEEING FACEBOOK POSTS!!!

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOU HELP REGARDING THIS!! :)

Hello all,

Could some of you guys give me some pointers on the best methods for finding my drone.

Losing my drone could be because of a malfunction, user error or both, I am fully aware this could be my fault and im already kicking myself!

Key facts so far:

Phantom 3 advanced
recording video at the time but file seems to be corrupt and wont even open in VLC media player?
Signal dropped without warning
Phantom DID not try to return home from what i can gather
Battery has enough to return to my location with ease
I have looked and searched where the drone was last recorded on the flight log ( see attached pic)

If drone had carried on in a straight line it would have crashed into a hill (have roughly searched area
Had to stop searched as it was getting to dark

video flight log from dji app dosent show phantom not showing any efforst to RTH, i will screen record this and post in comments

Im pretty sure thats all the info i have at this time, drone was lost at around 1830 today (27/08/2017)
The drone shutdown or was shut down before the recording was stopped which is why the video file is corrupt. If it still works, put the sd card back in and hit record for a few seconds. It will properly close the original video file before it starts another one. You should be able to access your original video file.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Sorry to say mate,
but you are supposed to fly with the drone in view by the naked eye.
Looking at the footage, it was pilot error, and this sort of thing is why people are up in arms with drones.
Supper Wally if you ask me...
Yt2...

Let it be known, that if I ever see something silly like this and I see a drone crash into a house, I will capture the drone and hold the owner accountable.
You can ether pay me shush money or I will report it to authorities...
We need to get cowboys grounded!!!
Yt2...

Let it be known, that if I ever see something silly like this and I see a drone crash into a house, I will capture the drone and hold the owner accountable.
Yt2...
Bit harsh. Just a rookie mistake that's all. Pretty sure we all done some kind of mistake at some point in our lives

Yt2...
You sound like a very nice person, if he's a newbie he will only learn by mistakes. It is often said, "Experience is what you learn from mistakes you make"
Chuffed you got your drone back too!!!

Yt2...
My take: Let it be known, that if I ever see something like this and I see a drone crash, I will try to recover it, look for the owners info and promptly see he gets it back!!!!

Everyone makes mistakes, no need to chastise the guy. I hope you sir never make a mistake.

Everyone makes mistakes, no need to chastise the guy. I hope you sir never make a mistake.
While I agree with you that everyone makes mistakes, this to me does really cross the line (sorry for the cliche). The RPIC really should have known better.

A "mistake" to me would be something like setting the return to home altitude too low and clipping a tree.

If we were to compare it to driving a car, a "mistake" might be something like forgetting that your turn signal is blinking while you are driving straight. Or driving with your high beams on at night and forgetting to dim them to your regular headlights when there is other traffic on the road nearby.

A mistake would NOT be driving your car on a sidewalk. Nor would driving the wrong way on a one way street that is clearly designated as a one-way street. Nor would parking in your neighbor's driveway instead of your own because your driveway is already full of stuff. That is just disregard for other people and their property.

In the States, the FAA defines the five hazardous attitudes and the original poster's actions clearly fall into anti-authority (probably machismo and invulnerability as well). Those aren't mistakes per se, but conscious decisions by the op that the law doesn't apply to them. Personally I don't like to see reckless flying because it will possibly result in more and more draconian laws in regards to where we can and can't fly.

My take: Let it be known, that if I ever see something like this and I see a drone crash, I will try to recover it, look for the owners info and promptly see he gets it back!!!!

A fine sentiment. Although I'm rather puzzled by this "mistake". Takeoff, ascend to 40 ft, and then fly for over 2 minutes in a straight line at 40 mph (full forwards stick) for 1.35 miles at that height in hilly, inhabited terrain. That seems very deliberate to me. What was the actual mistake? Or to put it another way - what on earth was he trying to do?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4