Lost drone...... Found hours later. ??????????

if its me your refering too...the wind just took the drone and i know it went really high..not of my doing..if your not refering to me.ignore this

I think we all are interested in how you bird held battery for over an hour to blink on the post office lawn.

Sent from my Satellite Phone using PhantomPilots

I think we all are interested in how you bird held battery for over an hour to blink on the post office lawn.

I'll take a video with my drone on with the clock in the background so you can see that it runs for about four hours not flying just sitting there. You do you know when it auto lands the propeller stop turning so that means the motors are using any power.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

and why do you think that...you still didnt ask my question why that is if you looked my second flight log.did my bird reset the homepoint and then land..thnk god it did

so am i jimmers..this has never happened to me..but the fact that it did reset the homepoint is the only resone i found mine

You are busting the ceiling too, it's 400 ft. Don't break the law and cry, obey the laws and support.

The 400' rule is not a law. If you can show it to me I will concede. Please do not spread information you have not verified.
If you are a member of a community-based organization you may fly higher than 400' in the USA.

FAA Acknowledges AMA as a CBO and our Safety Program
Our hobby has faced many challenges this year as we address an increase in government intervention and proposed regulations. AMA has been aggressively advocating for our hobby, and during the past few weeks, we’ve been happy to report successful progress.

Today, our members have yet another AMA government advocacy victory to celebrate.

There has been confusion among our members as to whether operations above 400 feet are permitted by the FAA. AMA has remained steadfast that the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Section 336 of the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act) permits operations above 400 feet if conducted within our safety program requiring the pilot to be an AMA member, to avoid and not interfere with manned aircraft, and to keep the model in visual line of sight of the pilot/observer. It should be noted that the AMA Safety Code requires model aircraft to remain below 400 feet above the ground when within 3 miles of an airport unless there is an agreement with the airport that allows models to safely go higher.

In January of this year, the AMA requested that the FAA clarify the 400-foot issue in writing. We are happy to share that in a recent letter to the AMA, the FAA recognized AMA’s role as a community-based organization and acknowledged our safety program, including allowing flight above 400 feet under appropriate circumstance.

In this letter, dated July 7, 2016, the FAA states:

• “…model aircraft may be flow consistently with Section 336 and agency guidelines at altitudes above 400 feet when following a community-based organization’s safety guidelines.”
  • “Community-based organizations, such as the Academy of Model Aeronautics, may establish altitude limitations in their safety guidelines that exceed the FAA’s 400 AGL altitude recommendation.”

Essentially, this letter confirms that sailplanes, large model aircraft, turbines, and other disciplines can responsibly operate above 400 feet if the AMA member is operating within our safety programming. Equally important, the FAA again acknowledges AMA as a community-based organization.

This victory falls on the heels of other successful AMA efforts, including an AMA member exemption from the FAA’s Final sUAS Rule (Part 107), the removal of problematic text in the 2016 FAA Reauthorization Bill, and preserving the Special Rule for Model Aircraft through 2017.
SOURCE: Academy of Model Aeronautics - Government Relations

Myself and another staff member have cleaned this thread up. Please try to stay on topic and follow our rules. There is zero tolerance on members bashing members. Anytime you see an issue on the forum feel free to smash that report button so the staff can deal with it appropriately. Thanks.

be_nice_simplefy91h_8byvr_324.jpg

Myself and another staff member have cleaned this thread up. Please try to stay on topic and follow our rules. There is zero tolerance on members bashing members. Anytime you see an issue on the forum feel free to smash that report button so the staff can deal with it appropriately. Thanks.

Thank you kindly. Done and done.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Have you been able to locate/download the LATEST log file from the drone? (not from the tablet)
If so, put a link to it, and we can start investigating. As to whether or not it's your drone, I assume you have some markings on it (such as your FAA #) to positively/definitely confirm it is yours. The guys on this thread are right ... ALL drones look the same :)
"Drones look the same"....Yaaa except have you seen Neon's it DOES look like an alien !

Hey Jimmers, I had been following your adventure on here yesterday and picked it up again today. I looked at your flight logs and wondered about your Post Office mystery. It appears the wind got hold of your bird and took it up and away. There have been all these questions about "Home Point". It looks like to me that is what the bird calls it when it gets to low battery and lands. In order to land it must tell itself the closest available spot is now the new "Home Point", set it, and then land.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94