Lost drone...... Found hours later. ??????????

@Jimmers

I just read through this post, and lucky I missed the feud, and some stuff must have been deleted.

All along you had stated you uploaded your flight log from the Phantom, not the mobile. Then later you said your trying to convert the .dat file.

The .dat file would be the only flight log that I know of that would be on the Phantom?

Why is your HD log show for November 12th 2016.?

Rod

@Jimmers

I just read through this post, and lucky I missed the feud, and some stuff must have been deleted.

All along you had stated you uploaded your flight log from the Phantom, not the mobile. Then later you said your trying to convert the .dat file.

The .dat file would be the only flight log that I know of that would be on the Phantom?

Why is your HD log show for November 12th 2016.?

Rod

Hey Rod, I got two folders off the drone as you'll see in the attached photo and the .dat file is in the "flightlogs" folder and the one you can see on HD log is from the "flightrecords" folder.
That's the day it happened, I know it happened over a month ago but I'm now trying to figure it all out.

And yeah you missed out on that lol.

c2208548405a0d6ef7df5726892587b9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey Jimmers, I had been following your adventure on here yesterday and picked it up again today. I looked at your flight logs and wondered about your Post Office mystery. It appears the wind got hold of your bird and took it up and away. There have been all these questions about "Home Point". It looks like to me that is what the bird calls it when it gets to low battery and lands. In order to land it must tell itself the closest available spot is now the new "Home Point", set it, and then land.

There was a light head wind, I always fly into the wind that way if something does happen it will hopefully make its way to me. When I finally got it around 7:00pm it still had roughly 30% battery so it didn't land because of a low battery. Low battery RTH is set for 20% and land at 10%. The video filled the card and was 29:30 (uploading it when I get home).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

@Jimmers

Those .dat files are not the ones you need, the ones that have your flight are huge files some of mine our 300 MB for one flight, I forget the size of the card, but mine had 55 flights and the space of the data is 4.25 gig.
So I'm guessing on a average you would only have 50 - 100 of your last flights on the card.

To retrieve this data you have to use the app, and connect the computer to the USB jack on the front of the Phantom, not the gimbal.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help
Then scroll down to logs.

The data you have is only of the flight until you lost connection. Sorry to say, I have know idea what happened, and I don't think anybody else is going to either without the data that was on the Phantom.

Rod

Myself and another staff member have cleaned this thread up. Please try to stay on topic and follow our rules. There is zero tolerance on members bashing members. Anytime you see an issue on the forum feel free to smash that report button so the staff can deal with it appropriately. Thanks.

Sorry I was late for the excitement. :eek:

Don't Bash.....
Smash :rolleyes:

Rod, stay on topic!!!
Ok.

My name is Rod, and I approve this message. :)

Rod

Reactions: k9time
@Merlinthewise1

Wow, I sure wish I figure out some thing in yours, I'm still thinking.

Rod

@Merlinthewise1

I say the home point was not reset on the Phantom.

#1 Losing signal for 3 1/2 minutes, the software / log started new, and it was the home point for starting of this log.

#2 The apps log was reporting the distance from the take off point not the new home point. The total distance was still correct.

Something for all to take a note of...

6m 57s The apps log changed from Go Home to PGPS, which means the Phantom must have received the cancel of RTH, but 3 seconds later the app reports Cancel Return To Home Failed.
The Phantom received the Cancel RTH, but the app didn't get the verification back.
The log file is being sent to the app from the Phantom, it is not in RTH. It is still being pulled by the wind away from you.

Another interesting thing,

It was drifting at 14 mph,
At 8m 25s signal was lost again and RTH started, then its speed was reduced to 11 mph, it was now trying to RTH again.

So, if you had not started receiving signal again, your start location of looking would have been 4000' to close.

Anybody got anything to add or subtract. :)

Rod

"Drone goes postal" would have been a good heading.

a battery warning and it did an emergency landing not rth?

Reactions: RodPad
Thought i would do one last flight for the day when all was going great until I was disconnected. I waited about 10 minutes for it to RTH but nothing, off I go for a walk to the last known location shown on the DJI app with RC in hopes it reconnects. Now I get worried as it's not where it said it was and no reconnect so I walk the path it was going, not to mention the sun is almost down and I have no flashlight. About an hour later I go home and try to figure something out. After an hour and a half of trying to figure out how to find it I get a call from a friend asking "did you lose your drone?". -ME- LOL YES, where did you see it? "It's on the front lawn at the post office!". Off I go to the post office and there it is, light flashing away in the dark. So my question is why would this have happened? Why did my P3S think this was it's home point? I didn't set it to here after it recorded it's own home point. Link to my flight record will be attached along with a screenshot of where my P3S landed. First time adding a flight log here so hopefully it works lol. Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
View attachment 73109

This is why your drone was still on the lawn at the Post Office. Drone Doberman! We all need one at one time or another when flying.
dog.jpg

This is far too common an occurrence, in my view. There are problems that need addressing, seriously. I do not know where to start- maybe interference with RC from wifi networks and such like? I think these birds ought to have their own dedicated frequencies for control, especially with all the other rules and regs imposed on them by officialdom. It's about time, what do others think? Sharing 2.4 Ghz is plainly a bad idea, never mind the digital precautions, and 'impossibility' of mixing it with other signals. Or the electronics are not up to good enough quality to do so much, just to keep prices down to consumer levels. Modern car electronics and CANBUS systems are noteworthy failures too, for a lot of users. Remenber HAL9000!

Excelllll--ent
This is far too common an occurrence, in my view. There are problems that need addressing, seriously. I do not know where to start- maybe interference with RC from wifi networks and such like? I think these birds ought to have their own dedicated frequencies for control, especially with all the other rules and regs imposed on them by officialdom. It's about time, what do others think? Sharing 2.4 Ghz is plainly a bad idea, never mind the digital precautions, and 'impossibility' of mixing it with other signals. Or the electronics are not up to good enough quality to do so much, just to keep prices down to consumer levels. Modern car electronics and CANBUS systems are noteworthy failures too, for a lot of users. Remenber HAL9000!
I agree. Unfortunately from looking at the frequency allocation charts at FCC we are just running out of bandwidth and have been for decades. Not to fault your idea, cause I agree, but the FCC can't just manufacture a frequency, every time some new industry or gadget needs to transmit and looks around for a band, as it is already in use.

It must have been windy. Jimmers drone was pissed having to fly in that wind and thought, "I'll show that assh***, this s**t has GOT to be illegal, landin' on Gubmin't property.":mad:

Last edited:
Use a modified antenna if so what is the exact type, provide link of where you purchased ? Did you not set return to home preflight and it attempted to go to your house?

That's just what they want you to believe! They're very crafty, you know, those aliens!

Drag the DAT file off of there. I don't know where all the experts are but one of them can glean tons of info. Hopefully one of them will show up soon. This is intriguing and yet I'm sure there's an amazingly simple explanation.

good point. Check in the battery compartment for any probe grease residue as well. abductee rarely remembers he was gone for 2 hours.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94