Litchi Way-points Help Please

@danwchabot
Wow, you got some guys watching out for you.:)

@tribar
"fly into somebody's face"
Good point, I like that, that got me thinking a little different. :eek:

You, or your family are out for a walk, actually you are in your own backyard.
The Phantom is traveling at 30 mph you hear something but when you see it you got about a second to respond?

Even if nobody gets hurt, would you not want to have an unpleasant conversation with the operator?

danwchabot,
tribar Posted 194' WP#6 From your mission.
I bring it up and shows 340'
You must be saving the new missions with the same name?

@Neon Euc
"start a mission at around 100 meters and keep all my way points the same."
Yes,
I hate switching between meters and feet, but meters are easier with the math. ;)
The trees around my house are about 150' but my P3S found a Pine tree on a mission that is about 220'. My mission was 200' and I took up a P3A to check it out, before I could get it down, it made it down by itself. Results bad.

Vimeo: Rod Pad

danwchabot,
Here is a picture of your mission if it is converted it to Google Earth.

delme.jpg

Rod

@danwchabot
Wow, you got some guys watching out for you.:)

@tribar
"fly into somebody's face"
Good point, I like that, that got me thinking a little different. :eek:

You, or your family are out for a walk, actually you are in your own backyard.
The Phantom is traveling at 30 mph you hear something but when you see it you got about a second to respond?

Even if nobody gets hurt, would you not want to have an unpleasant conversation with the operator?

danwchabot,
tribar Posted 194' WP#6 From your mission.
I bring it up and shows 340'
You must be saving the new missions with the same name?

@Neon Euc
"start a mission at around 100 meters and keep all my way points the same."
Yes,
I hate switching between meters and feet, but meters are easier with the math. ;)
The trees around my house are about 150' but my P3S found a Pine tree on a mission that is about 220'. My mission was 200' and I took up a P3A to check it out, before I could get it down, it made it down by itself. Results bad.

Vimeo: Rod Pad

danwchabot,
Here is a picture of your mission if it is converted it to Google Earth.

View attachment 85443

Rod

Yea I am using the same name. had 2 successful flights so far, May dad was flying his P3S and saw mine go by over head. I am working on editing now so I will post up soon. One thing I did notice is that the Litchi app crashed both times, I opened it back up and did not touch anything as I noticed it was was back in Regular flight mode. i then waited to the drone was over head then re-took control.

Mission Hub - Litchi

So I like your avatar, so simple and I don't remember seeing somebody using that in the past. :)

"Litchi app crashed both times"
Hum?

When?
In flight?
Uploading?
On your device?

Rod

So I like your avatar, so simple and I don't remember seeing somebody using that in the past. :)

"Litchi app crashed both times"
Hum?

When?
In flight?
Uploading?
On your device?

Rod
Yes in the middle of the mission, both times... just turned it back on and waited for her to get back.

Yes in the middle of the mission, both times... just turned it back on and waited for her to get back.
"waited for her to get back"
The mission completes or its doing a RTH?

You know if your using an android you need to kill the DJI-Go app, it runs in the background.

Rod

Kill or close?
Android users say you have to kill it.

Check this mission out.
Way point #1 328'
Way point #15 1,417'
Above my house 1,745' :eek:
Full mission 328' Agl

This was before I knew how to deal with the curve size.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Rod

Try the free intro lessons on FlightSchool. Link on the bottom of the Mission Hub screen or Phantom Filmschool. IMO the best and most comprehensive Phantom/Litchi training bar none. I have purchased the 3 courses and caught them on bargain prices. Tip: try the free demo Intro Course, it 'sometimes' links to a discount reward for watching. There are frequent discount offers but you have to check in to benefit. You will still gain a lot from just the free demo.
I'm in the process of working through the courses again as a refresher due to the poxy weather we've had.
BTW, once you purchase the course(s) then you can check in any time for a re-run. The courses do not expire. :)

Reactions: tribar
Kill or close?
Android users say you have to kill it.

Check this mission out.
Way point #1 328'
Way point #15 1,417'
Above my house 1,745' :eek:
Full mission 328' Agl

This was before I knew how to deal with the curve size.

Mission Hub - Litchi

Rod
Why so many points ?

It was to make sure that the rise in the hill wouldn't get me. Lots of waypoints helps when using the hub.
This was before I figured out how to show it in google earth. :)

As I was looking at it a saw some of the curves were 0, When you insert a waypoint it always sets it to zero. Then you end up with the start and stopping at each waypoint.

Rod

It was to make sure that the rise in the hill wouldn't get me. Lots of waypoints helps when using the hub.
This was before I figured out how to show it in google earth. :)

As I was looking at it a saw some of the curves were 0, When you insert a waypoint it always sets it to zero. Then you end up with the start and stopping at each waypoint.

Rod
Makes sense... how do you overlay via google earth ?

Here is the convertor: Convert Litchi .csv file to .kml with elevation
I'm using google earth pro, there has been a free version for a few years now.

Recent Interesting thread:
Litchi way point 26000ft one way flight

Lost Phantom using Litchi.
I learned a lot form this thread.
Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

Here is the method to use Google Earth to create your missions.
Post# 115
Litchi Mission Lost Phantom

I been making the missions in the hub, then using the convertor to look for simple mistakes.
danw.PNG

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc
Wow, flying over and close to lots of Phantom catchers. ;)
Your ground level is much easier than mine.
Seeing your flight, I can't believe.
Your dad saw it.
You found it.
And it wasn't broke.
:eek:

I'm no expert on videos,
I try to keep very little sky in the video, your video was focused for viewing the ground, you just need enough sky for reference.
I would turn the camera angle down, press a point on the screen that make the exposure be of the ground and not the full view.
I think I have been setting my exposure to -7? To make the image darker that adds some contrast.
I think that is why others add filters.

My flying right now is mastering Litchi and trees. :eek:

Anybody else?

Rod

Wow, flying over and close to lots of Phantom catchers. ;)
Your ground level is much easier than mine.
Seeing your flight, I can't believe.
Your dad saw it.
You found it.
And it wasn't broke.
:eek:

I'm no expert on videos,
I try to keep very little sky in the video, your video was focused for viewing the ground, you just need enough sky for reference.
I would turn the camera angle down, press a point on the screen that make the exposure be of the ground and not the full view.
I think I have been setting my exposure to -7? To make the image darker that adds some contrast.
I think that is why others add filters.

My flying right now is mastering Litchi and trees. :eek:

Anybody else?

Rod
For the trees they are mainly the same size where I live so what I do is launch... And if the trees around me are about 70 meters then I will start my mission at 90 meters so that extra 20 meters will give any room for slightly talker trees.

How are you getting on with litchi anyway rod?

For the trees they are mainly the same size where I live so what I do is launch... And if the trees around me are about 70 meters then I will start my mission at 90 meters so that extra 20 meters will give any room for slightly talker trees.

How are you getting on with litchi anyway rod?
Thanks,
I'm getting there, its been a little costly though. The last stack up I did on July 2nd, Google Earth would have caught it but the conversion program that I was using was working at all. I figured out what I did, and few days later, the online converter was working again. Ran it and yep, that would have caught it. :rolleyes:

Long weekend, I was trying to do lots of missions, everything is great, until it doesn't come back. :eek:

Rod

Reactions: Neon Euc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl