Litchi Way-points Help Please

I don't know if it has any effect at all if the mission is set to straight lines. I manually adjust my curves when I fly "curved turns" missions.
Very rarely do I fly curved missions, so that was just a wag about the curve size, but it somewhat make's sense. Although through mission hub, I could not actually see the curve radius, that size of a curve seems rather radical and possibly caused a mission error of some sort. There again, just a wag.:confused:

Very rarely do I fly curved missions, so that was just a wag about the curve size, but it somewhat make's sense. Although through mission hub, I could not actually see the curve radius, that size of a curve seems rather radical and possibly caused a mission error of some sort. There again, just a wag.:confused:
You never know. You could be right. I'm leaning more toward geofencing now. So far, that makes the most sense I think, as per your earlier post.

.......i would plan a flightpath that avoided all those backyard pools by a country mile. jmo
Assuming some will think your spying on them?

@danwchabot,

Glad your getting answers...

Rod

Reactions: danwchabot
That new mission - 24 minutes estimated flying time, seems tight ie little margin for error?
Like No margin. Remember, time estimates do not take into account any stops at waypoints or the local winds. And maybe not the time to climb and fly to the first WP!

Take a very close look at your flight altitudes !
At WP8 you are flying just 100ft above groundlevel, good chance you will hit some treetops.
Curves are ignored when flying straight lines, when flying curved lines a curve too big wil give an error.
Also when flying curved lines, waypoint actions are ignored.

So now I am thinking it is related to the airport and a NFZ I sac'd up and tried again today with the below mission. I got to between waypoint 5-6 and an hour later found the drone in a bush. not broken 100% ok. I am thinking that it got to the NFZ and landed it self ?

Mission Hub - Litchi
Like I wrote before: Take a very close look at your flight altitudes !
Ground Elevation at WP6 is 146ft above 1st waypoint, your flight altitude is 194ft above ground elevation at WP1, so your drone would only be flying 48ft above the ground at WP6.
In my opinion your drone crashed into the bushes.
In order to keep a constant AGL (Above Ground Level) you must add or substract the Grond Elevation difference at each waypoint compared to WP1.
An easy way to do so is using 'Batch Edit' on your smart device.
I suggest you first study the help-section on the Litchy webpage before flying long missions.
Do you realise that you could easily fly into somebody's face if there was a really steep hill ?
Help - Litchi
"
Waypoint Settings
  • Altitude: The altitude of the waypoint relative to the elevation of the aircraft where it took off. The waypoint's altitude is also shown above the waypoint marker on the map."
    GroundElevation.jpg

Reactions: RodPad
Like I wrote before: Take a very close look at your flight altitudes !
Ground Elevation at WP6 is 146ft above 1st waypoint, your flight altitude is 194ft above ground elevation at WP1, so your drone would only be flying 48ft above the ground at WP6.
In my opinion your drone crashed into the bushes.
In order to keep a constant AGL (Above Ground Level) you must add or substract the Grond Elevation difference at each waypoint compared to WP1.
An easy way to do so is using 'Batch Edit' on your smart device.
I suggest you first study the help-section on the Litchy webpage before flying long missions.
Do you realise that you could easily fly into somebody's face if there was a really steep hill ?
Help - Litchi
"
Waypoint Settings
  • Altitude: The altitude of the waypoint relative to the elevation of the aircraft where it took off. The waypoint's altitude is also shown above the waypoint marker on the map."View attachment 85423
Thank you for the detailed explanation. I know understand the concept. I could do without the sarcasm. I spent hours researching before trying this. In regards to your first post that simply said check the altitudes with no explanation. You seem to be a very knowledgeable flyer who I am sure has a tremendous wealth of knowledge. When providing answers snark remarks will only shy people away from asking questions in the future. Again thank you for the information it was very helpful I will make sure that I do further research in the future and ask for clarification.

Didn't mean to be sarcastic or anything but really felt the need send a wake-up call and get your attention before something bad happens. After all you're flying out of sight and even with a signal loss the drone will try to finish the mission.

Didn't mean to be sarcastic or anything but really felt the need send a wake-up call and get your attention before something bad happens. After all you're flying out of sight and even with a signal loss the drone will try to finish the mission.

Thank you for looking out... I was just about to ask what you meant by batch edit... then I went and checked Litchi Help..... Teach a man to fish :)

Reactions: Pharm and RodPad
If it helps what I personally do is start a mission at around 100 meters and keep all my way points the same. Then I look at the footage and if I feel I can go a bit lower I usually take away 1-2 meters of the altitude and launch again. Every flight footage will be a joy to watch so I don't mind doing the same flight again and again [emoji4]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl